Post a reply

Your Snooker Christmas Wish List

Postby SnookerFan

Here are a few Christmas wishes I have for this year.

* More Long Frame Match tournaments to be introduced.

* More marketing of tournaments. Power Snooker got crowds and fans watching because it was all over the papers and TV for weeks in advance, and was promoting as something new and edgy. Yet, the second biggest tournament of the year registered barely a blip on the radar, anywhere. Why? It was a great tournament, with an amazing final. Is it so hard to advertise a longer match format as exciting? It was 1000 times better then Power Snooker, but got a fraction of the marketing.

* Zhang Anda to drop off the main tour. <laugh> (Just kidding.) :stir:

* People to stop harping on about John Higgins, and his guilt. I get that we won't all agree with the decision, but posting about it in every other post during a major tournament won't change the decision, it's been made.

* The Grand Prix to make a comeback. Even on another channel. The World Open is fine, but The Grand Prix is much missed.

* PTCs to be televised. Barry Hearn has made sure the players are on his side, when it comes to voting to keep him in. But now that's been done, how about letting us fans see it, hey?

* An end to the discussion about moving The World Championship to China. Or anywhere else. It belongs in Sheffield, end of discussion.

Anybody got any other ones they'd like to see?
Last edited by SnookerFan on 16 Dec 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Your Snooker Christmas Wish List

Postby Roland

I don't miss the Grand Prix.

Selby or Williams to win the World Title is my only wish.

:santa:

Oh and I wish on the black market you could get £5000 for a pair of tickets to either the Masters or World final.

Postby gallantrabbit

1. Progress for Jimmy and a top 48 berth plus appearance at Sheffield (2nd round min.)
2. Judd Trump to win at Shefflield.
3. A couple of major new sponsors and live streaming for next year's PTCs.
4. Cloning of Paul Mount in Manchester and London.
5. Rileys clubs announce a profit...

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I don't miss the Grand Prix.

It's much missed by me, anyway. rofl Under either normal format, or random draw format. Not crappy group stage format.

Postby Sickpotter

gallantrabbit wrote:if he's really had the yips for ten years shouldn't he have sought help before??

No known cure, you either get past it or you don't :sad:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Face it, he's screwed

10 years with the yips and still ranked 14 now thats class <cool>

but gallant wish of PTC Streaming is top of my list for 2011 <ok>

Postby wheelsofsteel

My Xmas top 10 wish list would be;

Hendry playing just once again like he used to - just to let people see how good he really was

A tournament in Ireland

Preston being put back on the calendar

All betting associated stories to be cleared up once and for all time

No more AGM's or EGM's to distract people from doing a good job

A return to both tables being on BBC interactive at all times

Being able to use my John Parris cue properly

Someone to buy my John Parris cue

Clive Everton back on the BBC as top commentator

Peace throughout the world

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:A top snooker event in Brazil!! Ah f@ck me there is one!!
Anyone coming??

Takes me 15 mins to get to the venue :excited:

when was the last time you could get to a venue ?

Postby wheelsofsteel

gallantrabbit wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:A top snooker event in Brazil!! Ah f@ck me there is one!!
Anyone coming??

Takes me 15 mins to get to the venue :excited:

what do you travel in?

A tardis?

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Snookerfan=genius.

all perfect wishes

It is true, I am a genius. Nice to see it acknowledged once in a while though. Chip in any time you like anyone. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

A continuation of snooker's resurgence

Mark Williams to win a ranker, or the Masters

Ronnie O'Sullivan to win the World Championship. If not him, then preferably Selby, Ding or Williams...

Postby Smart

SWSA to run 3 out of 12 PTCs and all ranking qualifiers (with public access).

The terms "shot clock", "power snooker", "shoot out", "premier league", "super-fine cloths" to be removed from all commentators repertoire. If they say them then they are instantly killed by a bolt of lightning.

Zhanger to dominate the game, like no-one has ever dominated before.

A proper (UK champs format) ranker in China.

More NotW stings, sponsored by Andrex and DazUltra.

Doubles world champs re-introduced to the calendar.

:idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

Postby Witz78

Trump to win a tournament and cement his place in the top 16.

Jimmy to qualify for the Crucible.

Drago to reach the top 32 in the rankings.

Campbell, Burnett, Hicks, Michie, Hamilton, Dunn, Gunnell, Pettman, Harold, Judge, O'Brien etc to slide down the rankings and off the tour ASAP

Lisowski, McGill, Guodong, M.White, and Figuerido to survive on tour then push up the rankings.

Hann to be reinstated onto the tour.

More Power Snooker events.

Ronnie to win the World Championship

Seifer to be reinstated back onto this forum.

Cliff Richard to be Xmas number one.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Trump to win a tournament and cement his place in the top 16.

Jimmy to qualify for the Crucible.

Drago to reach the top 32 in the rankings.

Campbell, Burnett, Hicks, Michie, Hamilton, Dunn, Gunnell, Pettman, Harold, Judge, O'Brien etc to slide down the rankings and off the tour ASAP

Lisowski, McGill, Guodong, M.White, and Figuerido to survive on tour then push up the rankings.

Hann to be reinstated onto the tour.

More Power Snooker events. <doh>

Ronnie to win the World Championship

Seifer to be reinstated back onto this forum. <doh>

Cliff Richard to be Xmas number one.

:redneck:

Postby Roland

jadechelsea wrote:to be a tournament in Devon :D

The British Open used to be in Plymouth. I think that's where Bond beat Higgins from needing snookers in the decider.

I wish York City Council would get their baboons shiny behinds into gear with the Barbican Centre. It really was quite ridiculous how they carried on. They just had the UK firmly established here as its natural home and then they decided that actually, York doesn't need a venue for concerts and sporting events and as soon as the last UK ended they knocked half of it down just to ensure it wouldn't come back. And today I think 4 years later it is still in exactly the same state as it was then. Right outside the city walls is an eyesore of boarded up wasteland. It's ridiculous.

Postby randam05

Like jade said .. a tournament in devon
me to make a century
swail to win a tournament
ronnie or williams win the world championship
everyone shut up about higgins, hes a snooker player, let him entertain us
more televised long format tournaments
decide never to move the WC
selby to win a major

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:to be a tournament in Devon :D

The British Open used to be in Plymouth. I think that's where Bond beat Higgins from needing snookers in the decider.

I wish York City Council would get their baboons shiny behinds into gear with the Barbican Centre. It really was quite ridiculous how they carried on. They just had the UK firmly established here as its natural home and then they decided that actually, York doesn't need a venue for concerts and sporting events and as soon as the last UK ended they knocked half of it down just to ensure it wouldn't come back. And today I think 4 years later it is still in exactly the same state as it was then. Right outside the city walls is an eyesore of boarded up wasteland. It's ridiculous.

And Telford just stick it in some Conference Hall they happen to have, they aint that fussed about it. Just another conference to them.

Postby SnookerFan

My wish is to finally get my flat sorted out. My brother's downstairs in a mood because my dad's getting some chair off my uncle for my newflat. Mainly because my brother's been drinking. He doesn't need chairs, and isn't moving out soon. Not that I asked for the chairs myself... My dad is just popping half way across the country to get them.

Postby Wildey

Trump to win a tournament and cement his place in the top 16.=outside chance

Jimmy to qualify for the Crucible.= no chance

Drago to reach the top 32 in the rankings.=doubtfull

Campbell, Burnett, Hicks, Michie, Hamilton, Dunn, Gunnell, Pettman, Harold, Judge, O'Brien etc to slide down the rankings and off the tour ASAP=some might majority no hope

Lisowski, McGill, Guodong, M.White, and Figuerido to survive on tour then push up the rankings.= possible for all

Hann to be reinstated onto the tour.=so hann cheating is ok then ?

More Power Snooker events.= no hope in hell

Ronnie to win the World Championship=possible

Seifer to be reinstated back onto this forum.=just seen a pig fly past my window

Cliff Richard to be Xmas number one.=was he on the x factor or on face book ?

Postby Witz78

Trump to win a tournament and cement his place in the top 16.=outside chance - OUTSIDE TO WIN A TOURNAMENT, PERHAPS THE PTC FINALS HIS BEST CHANCE, BUT A TOP 16 PLACE IS A VERY REALISTIC PROSPECT <ok>

Jimmy to qualify for the Crucible.= no chance WELL HE MADE THE UK, SO WHY NOT THE WORLDS, THE LONGER FORMAT OBVIOUSLY SUITS HIM <ok>

Drago to reach the top 32 in the rankings.=doubtfull POSSIBLE <ok>

Campbell, Burnett, Hicks, Michie, Hamilton, Dunn, Gunnell, Pettman, Harold, Judge, O'Brien etc to slide down the rankings and off the tour ASAP=some might majority no hope YEH I WANT RID OF 2 OR 3 THIS SEASON AND THE REST CAN SLIDE DOWN THE RANKINGS :excited:

Lisowski, McGill, Guodong, M.White, and Figuerido to survive on tour then push up the rankings.= possible for all :clap:

Hann to be reinstated onto the tour.=so hann cheating is ok then ? NO ITS NOT OK, BUT HES ALREADY SERVED 9 TIMES AS LONG A PUNISHMENT AS HIGGINS HAS FOR AN IDENTICAL CRIME SO HES LONG OVERDUE A RETURN :no:

More Power Snooker events.= no hope in hell THEY WILL HAPPEN <ok>

Ronnie to win the World Championship=possible ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN WITH RONNIE, NO POINT MAKING ANY PREDICTIONS rofl

Seifer to be reinstated back onto this forum.=just seen a pig fly past my window WHERES YOUR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ? :elves:

Cliff Richard to be Xmas number one.=was he on the x factor or on face book ?[/quote] SADLY NOT :wild2:

Postby renniwevarb

Some exhibition matches to be held in Singapore!

Selby to win the world championship!

Me to do well in all upcoming competitions with my new Robin Cook!

Someone to buy my Omin Imagine 1 piece snooker cue!

More snooker halls to be built and operated in Singapore!