Post a reply

Cazoo British Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th of September - Sunday 2nd of October at the Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

Mark Williams will start the defence of his title on Monday Afternoon against Andres Petrov of Estonia in a complete Random Draw Format Round by Round so its in the lap of the gods who anyone gets.

In a Tough opener for Both Players Mark Selby will be Up against Ricky Walden also in action is World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, John Higgins, Judd Trump and Ding Junhui but there is No Neil Robertson who has not entered anything this season so far.

Who will be in the Draw for Last 32 With the Clive Everton Trophy up for grabs?

DRAW

Last 128
Zhao Xintong v Bai Langning
Stuart Bingham v Lei Peifan
Hossein Vafaei v Joe Perry
Mark Selby v Ricky Walden
Jack Lisowski v Dominic Dale
John Higgins v Andy Hicks
Luca Brecel v Graeme Dott
Anthony McGill v Wu Yize
Judd Trump v Si Jiahui
Mark Allen v Stuart Carrington
Yan Bingtao v Oliver Brown
Mark Williams v Andres Petrov
Kyren Wilson v Mark Davis
Barry Hawkins v Duane Jones
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Alexander Ursenbacher
Shaun Murphy v Gary Wilson

Selected Last 64
Jamie Jones v Elliot Slessor
David Gilbert v Lyu Haotian
Jordan Brown v Ng On Yee
Craig Steadman v Ben Mertens
Gerard Greene v Ryan Day
Lu Ning v Zhou Yuelong
Tian Pengfei v Jimmy Robertson
Robbie Williams v Lukas Kleckers
Chen Zifan v Ross Muir
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Matthew Stevens
Xiao Guodong v Peter Lines
Dylan Emery v Cao Yupeng

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Cazoo British Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Looks like there might be some trouble with Avanti West Coast trains, which is who I am travelling with to Milton Keynes. #prayforsnookerfan

Go by plane its much much cheper.

Look at this guy flew from London to Manchester via Dublin for £33 instead of the train at £389

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 67726.html

Postby McManusFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Looks like there might be some trouble with Avanti West Coast trains, which is who I am travelling with to Milton Keynes. #prayforsnookerfan

Look at this guy flew from London to Manchester via Dublin for £33 instead of the train at £389

What an absurd situation. The trains need sorting, it's been a joke for so long now.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

It was only £15 I spent London Euston to Milton Keynes.

Problem is, Avanti have a staff shortage problem so can't guarantee that any trains will run in advance.

There are trains that run from Euston from a different train company, and I don't think they put prices up at the last minute like some train companies, so at least I have a back-up.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:https://twitter.com/WeAreWST/status/1572561812146511872?cxt=HHwWgICzhd2o7tIrAAAA

Dave Hendon sent WST a E Mail suggesting a trophy is named after Clive

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Tempted to book tickets for the first day, but am I likely to get rubbish seats booking this late?

Not necessarily.

Quite often they aren't designated seats in the first few rounds. It's often only the semis and the final where you're instructed where to sit. If there's more than one match going on at a time, they tend to let you wonder around and decide what match you want to see.

Secondly, often the booking systems on the websites that are programmed to give you "the best seats" on booking, have got no idea what constitutes a good seat. The worst ones are often down the front, which are the ones that go early anyway. So even if they do give you a named seat, you'll probably be alright.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Booked it anyway, looking forward to it, loads of good players on the first day.

I used to love going to the first rounds. Did it in Newport for a few times. Don't think it was even a tenner for a whole day ticket, and you could sit where you like and watch whatever match you wanted.

When they reduced it to best of sevens, I went once and found I wasn't enjoying it as much. You get the advantage of seeing more different players, which is what I think you'll enjoy being your first time, but on a couple of occasions I saw a "match" that was 4-0 and over in 40-odd minutes. Ended up going up to the semis and the final more often after that.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Booked it anyway, looking forward to it, loads of good players on the first day.

I used to love going to the first rounds. Did it in Newport for a few times. Don't think it was even a tenner for a whole day ticket, and you could sit where you like and watch whatever match you wanted.

When they reduced it to best of sevens, I went once and found I wasn't enjoying it as much. You get the advantage of seeing more different players, which is what I think you'll enjoy being your first time, but on a couple of occasions I saw a "match" that was 4-0 and over in 40-odd minutes. Ended up going up to the semis and the final more often after that.

Definitely, the variety makes it worth it especially as a first timer.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Yea Best of 7s is very often a disappointment If a player Goes 3-0 up in a best of 7s more often than not its over in Best of 9 a 3-0 up makes frame 4 a important one at 3-1 before the Interval and often it goes 3-3 after the interval.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Yea Best of 7s is very often a disappointment If a player Goes 3-0 up in a best of 7s more often than not its over in Best of 9 a 3-0 up makes frame 4 a important one at 3-1 before the Interval and often it goes 3-3 after the interval.

Weird as it sounds, I think the presence of a mid-session helps. I mean, in a best of nine, even if you're 4-0 up at the MSI, you know a player's momentum can be broken by the break in play. If the player who is losing gets the first frame back to trail 4-1, it still adds the possibility that a comeback is on and momentum will swing.

I'm not saying that a best of seven can't end 4-3, or that a player 4-1 down in a bo9 will automatically win another frames. Just when watching it live, it feels more exciting somehow.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't they experiment with one tournament having best of nines with no mid-sessions once?

Intervals are a important player in excitement of Snooker.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't they experiment with one tournament having best of nines with no mid-sessions once?

They did, and I was reffing at that particular event. The players themselves were ok with it, but I can understand why WST got rid of that idead pretty quick.

Postby GeF

Wildey wrote:

Intervals are important for the crowd. How can you watch 9 frames without a beer!

Postby Juddernaut88

GeF wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Intervals are important for the crowd. How can you watch 9 frames without a beer!

It's very easy for a lot of people not to drink beer.