4%
Steve Davis
6%
Other name (please specify)
4%

Total votes : 48

Snooker Player of the Year 2010

Postby Roland

It's time for a bit of fun. Who do you think should be crowned the Snooker Island Snooker Player of the Year for 2010?

Here is a list of the 2010 winners (not including PTC events):

Mark Selby - Masters champion
John Higgins - Welsh Open and UK champion
Mark Williams - China Open champion
Neil Robertson - World Champion and World Open champion
Ali Carter - Shanghai Masters champion
Ronnie O'Sullivan - Premier League champion

So those names are automatic qualifiers. Other names I've hand picked are:

Shaun Murphy - although no ranking titles he is ever present and tops the PTC rankings going into the PTC finals. He also won the Juxi Classic in China after beating Ding 9-8 from 8-2 behind.

Graeme Dott - Dott shut up all the doubters with a runner-up spot in the World Championships playing some scintillating snooker and rightfully regaining his place back in the elite top 16 where he belongs

Mark Davis - After turning professional in 1991 Davis had languished in no-mans land in the middle rankings, nearly dropping off the main tour in the late 90's before clinging on and stagnating around the 50 mark. A year ago he won the 6-reds event held in Ireland and since then has gone from strength to strength and very nearly got inside the top 16. In 2010 he reached his century of competitive centuries and compiled his highest tournament break of 143.

Martin Gould - Who can forget the way he played to get to 11-5 up on Neil Robertson in the 2nd round at the Crucible? After beating much fancied Marco Fu in the first round with some breath taking do or die snooker, he has risen up the rankings and it's now surely a matter of time before he enters the top 16. 2010 could prove a pivotal year in the career of Gould.

Steve Davis - For his match against John Higgins at the Crucible. Enough said.

You each have 2 votes :santa:

Re: Snooker Player of the Year 2010

Postby Monique

I voted Robertson for his achievements and Steve Davis for his run at the Crucible and the extraordinary surge of emotions it triggered.

Postby Roland

I've gone for Robertson and Mark Williams. With 2 votes you can't really leave Robbo out and for me it's been really good seeing Mark J back in the big time. He's been involved in some classic matches this year as well as lifting the China Open and being robbed of the UK.

Postby Bourne

Really tough to call :chin: I'd just go Robertson because of what he's achieved, if you are looking back on his career and analysing it then you'd say 2010 is the year when he made everything work out for himself. Higgins and Williams just behind <ok>

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:I've only voted once, because there's only one player for this. Neil Robertson.

same for me <ok>

Postby Witz78

toss up between Drago, Jimmy and Trump for me.

Drago goes from strength to strength having won at least his 1st qualifier in every tournament since his return and a top 32 place by the end of the season is now a realistic prospect.

Jimmy has had a mixed year with the sad loss of close friend Alex Higgins, but on the tables he been winning the Seniors World Championship, qualifying for the UK Championship and running Hendry close, and securing his place on tour at the end of last season. Jimmys form is on the rise again thankfully.

Trump has won a PTC Championship event and had a really strong start to the 2010-11 season qualifying for all the tournaments and continuing his rise up the rankings with a top 16 place at the end of the season looking likely.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:toss up between Drago, Jimmy and Trump for me.

Drago goes from strength to strength having won at least his 1st qualifier in every tournament since his return and a top 32 place by the end of the season is now a realistic prospect.

Jimmy has had a mixed year with the sad loss of close friend Alex Higgins, but on the tables he been winning the Seniors World Championship, qualifying for the UK Championship and running Hendry close, and securing his place on tour at the end of last season. Jimmys form is on the rise again thankfully.

Trump has won a PTC Championship event and had a really strong start to the 2010-11 season qualifying for all the tournaments and continuing his rise up the rankings with a top 16 place at the end of the season looking likely.

rofl rofl

Postby GJ

Noel wrote:Is the guy in glasses a Catholic priest?

=o|

Noel

rofl <laugh>

Postby jojo

i vote for robertson and higgns this calender year they been the best players i feel

it was hard leaving mark williams out he would have got the vote over higgins if managed to kill off the uk final

steve davis produced wonderful memories of his heyday in the first session against higgins it was a vintage display 6-2 up he played great safety good long pots and mid distance pots and scored heavy when in rarely made mistakes

the other two sessions were scrappy but hard to vote for a player because of one match

Postby Eirebilly

Cant see past Robbo to be honest, he has had an amazing season and is not showing too many signs of slowing down.

Postby GJ

HugoDrax wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:That guy with the glasses looks like a child molester.

how would one know such a thing <laugh>

THE MAN WITH THE GLASSES IS A A PRIEST

Postby footygirl

In the interests of going across the board can we have one more categorie please

Performance of the Year

The nominees

Neil Robertson - World Champion
John Higgins - Comeback to win UK Championship
Steve Davis - Crucible Middle Saturday win over Higgins
Mark Selby - Masters Victory

You decide- please get your votes in on this categorie

Postby Tubberlad

footygirl wrote:In the interests of going across the board can we have one more categorie please

Performance of the Year

The nominees

John Higgins - Comeback to win UK Championship
Steve Davis - Crucible Middle Saturday win over Higgins
Mark Selby - Masters Victory

You decide- please get your votes in on this categorie

Enough said...

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Neil Robetson won the World Title. That alone doesn't make him player of the year but it's not like anyone else was winning as huge amount. Higgins only won three titles and one of those was a PTC so he couldn't be put above him. With the way the Snooker season is you can't really judge players on a calendar year.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
HugoDrax wrote:Image

:idea: <cool> :idea: <cool>

Who is that bell-end on the left?

thats the man next in line to be Pope

show some respect <cool>