NEUTRAL
14%
50%
LOVE
5%

Total votes : 22

John Higgins

Postby Witz78

Since a few on here are starting to tire of the Higgins issue cropping up on numerous thread, heres a thread where the arguments and debates can run wild forever more <ok>

Feel free to cast your vote in the ultimate poll, forget voting for the X Factor final, this is the important one <ok>

Re: John Higgins

Postby Witz78

I'll get the ball rolling.

Never have liked him, never will. End of !!!

CMON WILLIAMS and every other opponent who ever faces him.

Postby Rocket_ron

i voted neutral. i was neutral before the match fixing allegation and im still neutral. its not something i care for.

I just dont like reading abusive comments

Postby Casey

Like <ok>

Witz, did you not like him from the beginning? Even around 96/97 when he was winning 3 or 4 ranking events a season?

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:Like <ok>

Witz, did you not like him from the beginning? Even around 96/97 when he was winning 3 or 4 ranking events a season?

i always found him annoying, dour, boring and didnt fall for the Mr.Nice Guy facade that most did. :rude:

The i had the infamous nightclub encounter with him that made me hate him even more. :no: :bs:

Then the NOTW sting happened and i went through the roof in a rage at him :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2: :wild2:

Postby jojo

i always rated him highly as a player he definitely one of the all time greats i got no qualms with that pal

before the allegations i never minded him as a person he seem like a decent family man staying out of trouble not really liking unnecessary limelight

but since what i see and all those allegations i think he very lucky to get away with it mafia my bottom he got away with it a billion percent if you ask me and i cant stand seeing him playing snooker

my gripe is all the people who believe he is 100 per cent innocent how silly can you get ? a lot of things dont add up not least why he not report to the authorities when he back in the uk what happened in kiev ? its actually very very difficult to conclusively prove someone fix a snooker match and if higgins was a peasent like hann and franscisco then he would have been found guilty it defies belief

remember not being found guilty is not the same as being innocent on a crb when talking about criminal offences they say none recorded not none committed why do they do that ? he also a wealthy smart man who can buy the best lawyer no problem mr loophole people call them so people shouldnt be naive

if you look at the case of oj simpson a lot of people believe he not innocent similarly michael jackson got a lot of abuse when he was alive also remember nobody has been convicted of killing stephen lauwrence so it does go to show the people who believe higgins is innocent how can they themselves be totally sure ?

i think john higgins is a parakeet and i think hes got away with it and he knows it deep down he very smug and now he playing with a lot of freedom because the pressures been taken off he shouldnt be anywhere near a snooker table

Postby Smart

witz

Please elaborate the nightclub encounter. <ok>

I have never liked his mrClean image and his money motivated comments a few years back came back to prominence with the incident in Kiev. Do not believe the mafia story one bit. :idea:

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:witz

I have never liked his mrClean image and his money motivated comments a few years back came back to prominence with the incident in Kiev. Do not believe the mafia story one bit. :idea:

oh come on Stalin, ive told this one a million times before

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:witz

oh come on Stalin, ive told this one a million times before

You might of done but I've forgotten, so for the record...........................spill the beans here :idea:

Postby gallantrabbit

I`m a good judge of character and i believe Higgins is innocent. I`m neutral on the game tonight but looks like Williams is going through which is good for the game, nothing to do with Higgins.
He`s a decent fellow that was caught up in something last minute. He was naive but that`s the only charge as far as I`m concerned.
He`s a wonderful snooker player and probably shouldn`t have got involved in the promo side, but the game was in such a state he was trying to dig it out a little as the previous board was doing less than nothing.
Good luck to John. Cynics and critics there will always be, but water off a ducks back John.

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:I`m a good judge of character and i believe Higgins is innocent. I`m neutral on the game tonight but looks like Williams is going through which is good for the game, nothing to do with Higgins.
He`s a decent fellow that was caught up in something last minute. He was naive but that`s the only charge as far as I`m concerned.
He`s a wonderful snooker player and probably shouldn`t have got involved in the promo side, but the game was in such a state he was trying to dig it out a little as the previous board was doing less than nothing.
Good luck to John. Cynics and critics there will always be, but water off a ducks back John.

subsitute that with "lining his own pockets" <ok>

Postby Witz78

3 hates = 3x2
1 neutral = 0
5 likes = 5x1

so we are leading 6-5. Come on !!!

Postby gallantrabbit

Yeah well Stalin there are often several ways of escaping from a snooker and you`ve obviously gone for this one. I go for the `we`re not playing enough snooker and I`m going to do something about it`
When there`jiggery pokery going on I`m in there knocking it - see my posts about Burnett, but Higgins`case is different imo.
Williams about to win?? cheer you fellows up

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:Since a few on here are starting to tire of the Higgins issue cropping up on numerous thread, heres a thread where the arguments and debates can run wild forever more <ok>

Feel free to cast your vote in the ultimate poll, forget voting for the X Factor final, this is the important one <ok>

Dislike, but some of the comment being bandied around here at the moment are beyond a bloody joke. Does the forum no favours.

Postby gallantrabbit

dislike why Tubbs? you`re a sensible lad so can get a measured opinion from you

Postby Tubberlad

gallantrabbit wrote:dislike why Tubbs? you`re a sensible lad so can get a measured opinion from you

I think he's a superb player... but you're not going to get a really solid response from me here.
That video... the mortgage on the spanish villa... the toasting of drinks. Yes, I didn't see everything, and I'm probably being a little naive siding with the news of the world... but I can't watch this guy without a real niggle at the back of my mind. He's a brilliant player who I'll always be thankful for seeing

Postby jojo

in gallantrabbit world you have to have the same views as him no one allowed to have their own view if he doesnt agree thick bucking idiot

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

I voted hate . He has done more to damage snooker than anyone else . If I see any top player lose against a poor opponent there's a niggle at the back of my mind if they lost on purpose

With Higgins though there's no doubt . He would lose on purpose if the money was good enough

Postby Wildey

i have never been a fan of his in my life but i respect his talent and the Great player he is ive voted Neutral.

Postby Bourne

He's a legend.

Postby gallantrabbit

Jojo you are quite entitled to your opinion, but the level of abuse you add in to Higgins in this case and me does you no favours. big boys language should be levelled face to face not hiding in a virtual world ;)

Postby Tubberlad

Jojo... have you ever screwed up at any stage of your life?

Postby GJ

option 1

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

Like - Cos I used to batter him at Table Tennis :dance:

Postby wheelsofsteel

Just to say well done to John.

The fact he has come back to his very best after the year he has had says so much about him.

It would also have been great for him to show himself in his true light, as a winner and a champion, especially for his father.

Postby Casey

wheelsofsteel wrote:Just to say well done to John.

The fact he has come back to his very best after the year he has had says so much about him.

It would also have been great for him to show himself in his true light, as a winner and a champion, especially for his father.

:clap:

Well said.

Postby NedB-H

wheelsofsteel wrote:Just to say well done to John.

<ok> <ok>

Postby Smart

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:I voted hate . He has done more to damage snooker than anyone else . If I see any top player lose against a poor opponent there's a niggle at the back of my mind if they lost on purpose

With Higgins though there's no doubt . He would lose on purpose if the money was good enough

<cool>

I voted hate, because there is no Hate with a Passion option. :| <cool> :| <cool>