Mark Williams
54%

Total votes : 13

Re: UK Championship Final: Higgins vs Williams

Postby GJ

williamsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Postby SnookerFan

thetubberlad wrote:I always felt Williams was the better of the two players, but his commitment waned after winning the World Title in 2003...

Come on Mark :)

It'd be tight if Mark Williams still played at his 2003 best. But we could get into Ronnie vs Hendry here. Ronnie has more natural talent, but doesn't have the same hunger, dedication and drive that made Hendry great. I'd put Higgins has greater because he stayed at his best for longer, but there's not much in it. In my third year of university I watched more snooker then I did studying, except in those days it was called watching Mark Williams.

Postby Wildey

he deleted them because what went on in kiev has nothing to do with 2 men playing a UK Final.

he wanted the thread to keep on track of who is going to win the final

Postby Eirebilly

Jojo, its getting a bit old now. We get it, you dont like Higgins but please try to stay on topic and not be so abusive <ok>

For me, i honestly feel that Higgins will win but i have a sneak suspicion that Wiliams will perform well. I think that this is bound to be an old fashioned matchplay final and i wouldnt be suprised if it was a final frame decider.

Postby Rocket_ron

eirebilly wrote:Jojo, its getting a bit old now. We get it, you dont like Higgins but please try to stay on topic and not be so abusive <ok>

For me, i honestly feel that Higgins will win but i have a sneak suspicion that Wiliams will perform well. I think that this is bound to be an old fashioned matchplay final and i wouldnt be suprised if it was a final frame decider.

I think its gonna be an immense final with the 2 rolling back the years to the good old years 2000 -20008 was and probably will always be my fave years for many reasons

Postby jojo

let me tell you something pal you say i abuse a member by speaking what the actual truth is about higgins on a snooker forum yet when higgins abuse the game of snooker for the whole world to see thats ok is it ?

Postby Eirebilly

Jojo, seriously, this is a thread to discuss the final so please try to stay on topic. The Higgins thing has been done to death but if you still feel so strongly about it then please discuss it on the approprate thread.

Postby Tubberlad

Jojo, nobody will stop you having a go at Higgins, but this isn't the thread for it. Simple as that. Their are plenty threads to choose from, this isn't one of them <ok>

Postby Bourne

Personally think that John will do a job on Mark today, Sonny said it during the semi-final yesterday, Williams is making mistakes and early on Murphy wasn't punishing them, but John will.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Personally think that John will do a job on Mark today, Sonny said it during the semi-final yesterday, Williams is making mistakes and early on Murphy wasn't punishing them, but John will.

I have a sneaky feeling for Williams, in spite of Higgins playing the better snooker over the last few games. This is a really big chance for him, I fancied him to do well from the start, and I don't think he'll let this opportunity go without a real battle at the very least.

10-9 Williams... but it's a bit of a coin toss.

Postby Eirebilly

I would be very suprised if Higgins did 'a number' on MJ. They are old rivals he have the upmost respect for eachothers games which usually means a cagey affair.

Postby Roland

Hopefully Mark can find the form he had against Ding in the China final, then he'll stand a chance of winning. In any 19 frame match against Higgins no matter how well you play there are always going to be at least 5 or 6 frames which Higgins will win where there's not a right lot you can do about it. It's making the most of the other frames and taking your own chances that it comes down to if you want to beat him.

Williams knows how to beat Higgins anyway, he's proven that in the past.

Postby Tubberlad

Exactly. I think Williams has the mental strength to do just that though, whether or not his form hasn't been 100% up to this. I missed the match last night, but anytime you complete a comeback like that can only bode well for confidence preparing for a final.

I'd love to see him win. He's one of my favourites, absolutely, and it's been a shame this form went missing for so long after becoming a father, but I guess he had his priorities right. This is such a great opportunity though, and one I really felt he wasn't going to get again. I think he'll do it... but only just.

Postby Bourne

Duno I just get the feeling this'll be a bit of an anti-climax, Mark just isn't playing well enough BUT if he keeps it tight around 6-6/7-7 then I give him a big chance because that's when his champion's mentality comes into it and he can compete. Just feel John will be buzzing to win this after losing the final last year.

Postby Eirebilly

Its a real shame that the final session again starts so late because if it is a close match i wont be able to see the end of it :sad:

Anything can happen in a final, Higgins may lose his form and Williams find his, its all about the day. I really am hoping that Williams wins though <ok>