Results

Allister Carter 6-3 Stephen Maguire
Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-6 John Higgins

Re: Semi Final Discussion!!

Postby GJ

good luck maguire and higgins

Postby Eirebilly

I cant go beyond the winner between O'Sullivan and Higgins as being the Welsh open champion. This match up is actually more worthy of the final than the semi final.

Postby Wildey

anyone finding scedualing for the welsh unbelievable.

Carter and mags played tonight they on again tomorrow afternoon and today most wanted to see higgins play selby or Ronnie v Allen they put that in afternoon when most at work however Saturday tomorrow its on in the night ???????????

god its like knitting spaghetti trying to make sense of it all.

Postby Eirebilly

wildJONESEYE wrote:anyone finding scedualing for the welsh unbelievable.

Carter and mags played tonight they on again tomorrow afternoon and today most wanted to see higgins play selby or Ronnie v Allen they put that in afternoon when most at work however Saturday tomorrow its on in the night ???????????

god its like knitting spaghetti trying to make sense of it all.

To be fair Wild, the scheduling of matches has been poor for many years now, I just hope that Mr Hearn looks into this.

Postby Roland

I'm happy O'Sullivan v Higgins is on tomorrow night because I've got the house to myself :redneck:

But yeah, this event... I know my players have lost so you'll all think I'm biased but it really has always been a bit of a non event, and the speed of most of the matches this week hasn't helped. Most of the decent games are on when you can't watch them, then they scrap the roll on roll off to cram it into 3 tables with one not televised then there's massive gaps and the players haven't helped by making most matches 5-0 or 5-1!

Hopefully the weekend will build into some sort of climax but if it ends up with O'Sullivan or Higgins walking to the title on Sunday then it would just about sum up the week in terms of excitement.

Hearn needs to have a word with O'Sullivan and play him back tapes of his match with Fu at last years China Open and tell him "Play like this". O'Sullivan would rise to the challenge having previously been told not to play like that and end up playing the best snooker ever seen by anyone, ever!

Postby Wildey

point is sonny why wasn't they tonight ??????????????????

Postby Wildey

SONNY

that piece of rubbish article isnt worth 1 star never mind 5.

they play the UK with 2 matches not televised.

and then you said
Hearn needs to have a word with O'Sullivan and play him back tapes of his match with Fu at last years China Open and tell him "Play like this". O'Sullivan would rise to the challenge having previously been told not to play like that, and end up playing the best snooker ever seen by anyone, ever!

what a pin end .....

he lost that match so how was that better than anyone rofl

you had more than a few your stoned.

Postby Roland

excellent_rocketron wrote:just realised that we have top 4 seeds in semis

ali carter(1)
john higgins(2)
ronnie o'sullivan(3)
stephen maguire(4)

good spot

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
excellent_rocketron wrote:just realised that we have top 4 seeds in semis

ali carter(1)
john higgins(2)
ronnie o'sullivan(3)
stephen maguire(4)

good spot

no judd trump not playing so there wont be spots on display rofl

Postby Rocket_ron

4th straight ranking semi for higgins he certainly is player of the season so far, closly followed by o'sullivan with 1 rank tourney win and 2 semis

Postby Wildey

excellent_rocketron wrote:4th straight ranking semi for higgins he certainly is player of the season so far, closly followed by o'sullivan with 1 rank tourney win and 2 semis

na its the 6th straight ranking semi .

china open
world championship
shanghai masters
grand prix
UK Championship
Welsh Open

Postby Roland

Sorry wild but yes I know where you're coming from, but Ronnie was 1 ball away from winning that match, and the way he played was incredible.

Listen, we all know he's a genius, but all we see is his match game these days. When he was in China last year he played his artisic freedom game. It wasn't about scoring more points than the opponent, it was about expressing his genius. I don't like it when he's frowned upon because of what he does when he's on the table. It's his game, let him get on with it. Press interviews is another matter but while he's at the table it's up to him to play the shots he wants to play.

It's stupid Hendry fans going on about records that has starved the snooker public of seeing the best and most entertaining version of Ronnie O'Sullivan. I personally wish he'd play like he did in that match in all of the lower ranking points tournaments unless the points really do matter to him.

:santa:

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:
excellent_rocketron wrote:4th straight ranking semi for higgins he certainly is player of the season so far, closly followed by o'sullivan with 1 rank tourney win and 2 semis

na its the 6th straight ranking semi .

china open
world championship
shanghai masters
grand prix
UK Championship
Welsh Open

yes i get what your saying wild, but i said this season
Last edited by Rocket_ron on 30 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

btw dont say that on break off its a banning offence <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

wildJONESEYE wrote:

already banned

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Sorry wild but yes I know where you're coming from, but Ronnie was 1 ball away from winning that match, and the way he played was incredible.

Listen, we all know he's a genius, but all we see is his match game these days. When he was in China last year he played his artisic freedom game. It wasn't about scoring more points than the opponent, it was about expressing his genius. I don't like it when he's frowned upon because of what he does when he's on the table. It's his game, let him get on with it. Press interviews is another matter but while he's at the table it's up to him to play the shots he wants to play.

It's stupid Hendry fans going on about records that has starved the snooker public of seeing the best and most entertaining version of Ronnie O'Sullivan. I personally wish he'd play like he did in that match in all of the lower ranking points tournaments unless the points really do matter to him.

:santa:

yes but do you honestly want barry hearn to manipulate the script ?????

Postby Wildey

excellent_rocketron wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:

already banned

for what ?????

god this gets better and better a Ronnie fan banned rofl

Postby Roland

That bit was written with a bottle of wine inside me like this is. But I know that I would travel lots of miles and pay elevated entry fees to see that sort of snooker played. The performance still sticks in my mind. Had he played a normal game and won then I wouldn't remember it, but I do remember it and that's because it was so great to watch!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That bit was written with a bottle of wine inside me like this is. But I know that I would travel lots of miles and pay elevated entry fees to see that sort of snooker played. The performance still sticks in my mind. Had he played a normal game and won then I wouldn't remember it, but I do remember it and that's because it was so great to watch!

yes but it was played with who gives a rubbish if i win or lose exhibition style. it was brilliant snooker but most players care if they win or lose and cant play that freely because they want to do the best they can.

Postby The Boss

Ronnie has been relaxed all week. I think going home to see his kids after his first round match helped. He played well today, but the pressure levels were low. The fact that the likes of Thorne and Virgo are not in the commentary box helps also. Don't know if they're at the venue or not. The players can certainly feel if they're being criticized or not. That we don't have to listen to their rants is good for our health too. Long live Griffiths and Morgan :ahh: <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

The Boss wrote:Ronnie has been relaxed all week. I think going home to see his kids after his first round match helped. He played well today, but the pressure levels were low. The fact that the likes of Thorne and Virgo are not in the commentary box helps also. Don't know if they're at the venue or not. The players can certainly feel if they're being criticized or not. That we don't have to listen to their rants is good for our health too. Long live Griffiths and Morgan :ahh: <ok>

I agree with you here willie thorne and others do tend to pile pressure on him constantly saying genius etc. if i had that label and felt i had to live up to it all the time would make me crumble

Postby Wildey

excellent_rocketron wrote:
The Boss wrote:Ronnie has been relaxed all week. I think going home to see his kids after his first round match helped. He played well today, but the pressure levels were low. The fact that the likes of Thorne and Virgo are not in the commentary box helps also. Don't know if they're at the venue or not. The players can certainly feel if they're being criticized or not. That we don't have to listen to their rants is good for our health too. Long live Griffiths and Morgan :ahh: <ok>

I agree with you here willie thorne and others do tend to pile pressure on him constantly saying genius etc. if i had that label and felt i had to live up to it all the time would make me crumble

i can understand that and over the years thats been Stephen Hendry's problam aswell he cant go out there and play snooker he has to live up to the standards he set himself and he feels embarrassed if he don't.

great players are the victim of their own success.

look at players thats won tournaments in the last 15 years they would be overjoyed being in Stephens position today but for him its not good enough.