Topic locked

12Bet.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

December 4-12 at The Telford International Centre

its Semi final time in Telford with 3 Former Champions Still in despite some of the shocks of earlier Rounds Quality has Risen to the top.

Can Mark Allen Add his name to the list of champions going back to Patsy Fagan in 1977

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTIONS HERE

LIVE SCORES

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Bourne

Allen vs Higgins always seem to be big matches in big tournaments when the play <ok> Wouldn't mind seeing Allen win this, as much as I admire Higgins' comeback and how he's applied himself, I think Allen making a final at this level would be great for the game.

Postby footygirl

MURPHY EDGES TELFORD THRILLER

FORMER World and UK Champion Shaun Murphy edged his way into the semi finals of the UK Championship in Telford after a 9-7 victory over world champion Neil Robertson.
Robertson, who has never won this title got off to the best possible start by taking the opening two frames of the match. But this was to be merely a taster of what was to come as Murphy got the wake up call and replied with breaks of 70 and 75 to be level; at 2-2 at the mid session interval.
The Englishman, who won this title in 2008 was soon in front of his Australian rival as he took the fifth frame of the match with breaks of 44 and 26. But Robertson, was not about to allow Murphy to dictate the match as he squared it at 3-3 with a break of 126, only to fall 3-4 behind withy a 92 for Murphy. With just one frame of the session left to play it was left to Robertson to piece together a vital 40 break - and combined with numerous foul shots from Murphy eventually scrambled over the line to level at 4-4 at the end of the session.
Resuming it was Neil who had the better start as he banged in a 90 break to account for the ninth frame. Murphy though is not easily subdued and hit back with an 88. Never more than one frame in the match - except for the opening frames it was Murphy who claimed the eleventh frame when Robertson missed a yellow off it's spot and a 50 break was to prove sufficient for a 6-5 advantage before Robertson squared the match at the mid session interval with a 120 clearance.
Murphy took the next with a break of 72- and really should have gone 8-6 up, but after missing a blue off its spot in the latter stages, with the frame still alive for the Australian was forced to sit and suffer as Robertson stroked in the red from short range and made a critical 17 to restore parity.
But it was a grimly determined Murphy who dominated to lead 8-7 with the help of an early 31 and then powered in along straight red for a vital 49 to force a concession from the world champion, who now needed both of the remaining frames if he was going to beat the 2008 UK champion. And he was destined not to get either of them - as after a brief delay where the scoreboard stopped play Murphy returned with a vital 22 to seal a 9-7 victory over the world champion, and move into the semi finals.
Meanwhile Mark Williams ended the run of Mark Joyce 9-7 in a nerve jangling quarter final.
It is true to say that football is a game of two halves, well in snooker the equivalent is a session of two halves. No where more indicative of this than on the other table as Mark Williams jumped into a 4-0 lead over Walsall's Mark Joyce, only to be pegged back to 4-4 at the close. Joyce, had suffered the massive blow of losing a black ball third frmae after recovering from 54-7 to be in a position to pinch it, if he could roll the black from it's spot into the centre pocket. Agonisingly the ball stayed out and Williams was left with a simple black to the centre. And it wasn't a huge surprise when Williams accounted for the fourth frame.
But the mid session interval came to the rescue of Joyce, the former English Amateur champion as he returned refreshed to hammer in a 109 to avert the threat of the dreaded whitewash. Encouraged he took the sixth with a 91, and then claimed the last two of the session to level at 4-4.
Joyce, who had accounted for Steve Davis and Ali Carter en route to the quarter finals though was to find Williams a bridge too far and the Welshman hit his stride very quickly as he rammed in a 55 to move 5-4 in front. Joyce though, still represented a threat and Williams was to experience this in frame 12 as Joyce clinched it on the colours to level at 5-5. But it was here that Williams started to inch clear as he rolled in a 78 to lead 6-5, and then stretched his advantage to 7-5 with breaks of 44 and 50 after Joyce had missed a pink to the corner in trying to counter.
But watched by his dad Joyce dug in and carved out a brilliant break of 143, to take the lead in the chase for the high break prize. With the match poised at 7-6 in favour of the Welshman could the former English amateur champion find something. The answer appeared to be no as Williams won a scrappy fourteenth frame to lead 8-6. He needed just one more frame for victory. But Joyce was not prepared to surrender and captured a scrappy fifteenth to trail 8-7.
Yet it was to be in vain as Williams built a 35 points lead and with bits and pieces finally staggered over the finishing line to set up a semi final showdown with Williams.

Suzy Jardine - Telford

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Where's Joycey after this week in the ranks ?

47th

Good good that's one qualifying match for Germany out of the way, onwards and upwards :afro:

no in Germany players Ranked 33 to 96 enters at the first Qualifying Round needing to win 3 matches to get to the venue.

in the Welsh Open though he will only need to win 2 matches

Postby jojo

i would love to see the cheating bastard lose tomorrow but he too good a player will win around 9-6 unfortunately he really turning my uk tournament into a nightmare

i dont think allen got the amminution to harm him higgins will miss balls im sure of that but when he under pressure at critical moments his mental strength and allround game will pull him through

bastard recycling shame if higgins goes through to the final but i accepted he will sadly

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:
Bourne wrote:Where's Joycey after this week in the ranks ?

47th

Good good that's one qualifying match for Germany out of the way, onwards and upwards :afro:

no in Germany players Ranked 33 to 96 enters at the first Qualifying Round needing to win 3 matches to get to the venue.

in the Welsh Open though he will only need to win 2 matches

Oh, what a crappy format.

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:allen v murphy final

If you fancy who'll get there you must have an idea who'll win?

murphy just as i think his bottle is stronger if it goes close

Postby GJ

by the way as i said before i dont use the tough draw excuse but sonny seems to alot

i havnt yet saw him say anything about williams draw up to the semi's

:chin: :redneck:

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:by the way as i said before i dont use the tough draw excuse but sonny seems to alot

I think Robbo was fatigued, and that was why he was almost late. World Snooker are over working Robbo, expecting him to be out of bed by midday, how rude. :|

Postby GJ

StalinESQ wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:by the way as i said before i dont use the tough draw excuse but sonny seems to alot

I agree williams draw has been a joke this week |

<ok> :wave:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:allen v murphy final

If you fancy who'll get there you must have an idea who'll win?

murphy just as i think his bottle is stronger if it goes close

When Murphy's bottle works, he'll beat anyone, depends where he puts himself upstairs. Not sure about a consistent backbone running thru him tho.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:to win this now i hope

1.allen
2. murphy

cant stand the other 2

What's wrong with Williams :chin:

Higgins and Williams are Provisional 2 and 3 <laugh>