Topic locked

12Bet.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

December 4-12 at The Telford International Centre

so its Quarter Final Time in telford with twice Champions John Higgins and Mark Williams making it to this Round. can Neil Robertson add this title to his World Title but defending Champion Ding Junhui lost to Mark Allen in the last 16.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTIONS HERE

LIVE SCORES

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Quarter Final Discussion!!!!!!

Postby GJ

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ROBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

also good luck

TSF FB
FWC
MAGUIRE

Postby GJ

this is the perfect opportunity for the world champion to show why he is the best player in the world

rankings dont lie :afro: :D :bowdown:

Postby jojo

yes im really excited quarter final line up is a cracker and much better they have two table now sonny wont be agonising on live scoring which is good

i will only be able to watch the evening sessions which suits me fine so i get to watch the business end of things

Postby jojo

grumpymrdavros i share your pain about higgins pal he a cheating bastard each to their own yes they found nothing on him but they found nothing on michael jackson yet people called him a paedophile and this that and the other

i think higgins a truely phenomenal player but a cheating bastard who shouldnt be playing this event i cringe when i see him play

when davis beat him in april at the worlds believe me pal i watched every single shot of that match i even took my laptop in the bog when i was recycling i was so hooked on it

but since all the stuff broke out i still have this horrible feeling that higgins wanted to lose that match and the most awful thing is we will never know now

one pot he missed into the middle pocket really sticks in my mind when it was 11-12 red over the pocket it was disbelieving

i know no reference was made to the world championship the allegations came out but that match is tarnished and higgins his ban should have been longer even though it was only because he brought the game into disrepute

i think he smug he got away with it he knows it and i will hate it if he wins tomorrow heavan forbid if he wins the tournament someone needs shooting!

Postby Roland

when davis beat him in april at the worlds believe me pal i watched every single shot of that match i even took my laptop in the bog when i was recycling i was so hooked on it

<laugh>

Anyway, you can stop with any conspiracy theories about the Davis match. God knows what was up with Higgins there, he was dire in round 1 and poor against Davis to say the least but there's no way he wasn't trying. Next thing you're going to mention the brown in the UK final last year. It's bullocks that he would do anything in a ranking match, especially a major despite what you may believe about the NOTW sting.

He wasn't at the races back in April though but you don't know what was going on in his life around that time.

Postby randam05

I dont want to think about the higgins troubles..if everyone thinks about it here for a second..what goes on off the table really shouldnt matter, seriously. Hes just a fantastic addition to the top 16 and the best player of the naughties. I really have tried to forget about what happened else i will be unhappy when he wins, and that would be a shame cause hes just so good, he can win many many more titles.

So I have put it behind me and I think you should too, cause at the end of the day hes a sportsman, a snooker player, that is enjoyable to watch, so dont let some silly newspaper ruin it.

Postby jojo

the way he spoke yes i know the footage was edited he a rich man a wealthy man an intelligent man

lawyers are mr loopholes he most likely got the best one going hes got the money thats for sure

what excuse did he use oh yes he was scared he thought it was mafia country mafia my backside

its like saying oj simpson didnt kill that one all those years ago they found nothing on him too pal

people call michael jackson paedopan and the like they found nothing on him too so people will have their views it doesnt matter what people want you to think only spineless ones wont have their own views

on a crb form regarding criminal offences why does it say none recorded ?

why does it not say none committed ?

stop being so extra pal im not naive you believe higgins is innocent thats your right but i can make up my own mind

Postby jojo

i hear his fathers ill i certainly wish higgins and his family all the best im not nasty

i guess in life we all make mistakes and only the idiots dont learn from them so yes im sure higgins will steer clear of any future trouble im sure of that

yes on a personal level i wish him all the best but on a snooker level tomorrow i will be rooting for maguire

the scary thing is higgins is more than capable of regaining the world number 1 spot and adding to his major tally i just dont want to see that

Postby Alex0paul

Anyone else hear Murphy's comments after his match? He said the game needs to be changed to stop matches like his where he dominated all game only to just about win after Day's miss in the last frame. What a hammer.

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Alex0paul WC wrote:Jojo could you please tell me a match or frame that Higgins cheated in? I have asked Davros a few times but he still hasn't answered me.

Did you ask me in PM or on the forum ?

Quintann Hann agreed to take bribes but no one but no one can name a match when he cheated but are you trying to tell me he didn't parakeet in a Grand Prix match where he was playing Ronnie and some how managed to lose 5-0 or the infamous WC match where he lost 13-2 after leading 2-0 ? It's very easy to lose a one sided match if you've put money on yourself because you have to win less frames

The only time it's been officially announced someone did parakeet was when Peter Francisco lost in the first round of the WC against White . Yes that's the only time it's been proved that someone has ever cheated in the entire history of the game . So no one has never EVER cheated in a match ever with the exception of the Fransisco match

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

And Jojo your comparison with Michael Jackson is unjust . I too though MJ was guilty but after a couple of days seeing the evidence and court recreations etc I was actually surprised the case even went to court . This was reflected in the fact that Jackson was acquited by a jury who saw all the evidence . The whole world were able to see the evidence which was flimsy to say the least

This contrasts sharply with the investigation carried out behind closed doors with the Higgins tribunal . Higgins is seen to agree to take a bribe , not only take a bribe but state how there's no way anyone would think there'd be anything suspicious about it .Bare in mind that he was in fear of his life so decided to go along with it but still managed to crack several smiles and give the impression that he was indeed whole heartedly going along with it 100 per cent . Daniel Day Lewis has nothing on this guy

After the tribunal there's a written statement saying that John Higgins has been cleared of taking bribes and that he's only a silly boy for not informing the authorities that he'd been approached . At no time does this statement ever go in to detail as to HOW he was found innocent of the charges or why he was far too convincing and the authorities must have known that anything taken place place would lead to suspicion in itself and still decided to hold the hearing in private . The word " whitewash " comes to my mind .

At least with the on going criminal investigations involving Burnet , McGuire and Lee are being investigated . If the charges are dropped fair enough , they've been investigated , if they go to court and found not guilty fair enough , they've been investigated and the jury have seen the evidence as would the British public .

Postby SnookerFan

SavoMilosevic wrote:I want a Higgins - Williams final. :) I think Higgins will make it but Williams should really raise his game, he was horrible today.

That's the final I want. Though, I didn't see much of the Williams game, I hear he was rubbish. I saw every shot of the Hendry vs White match. If Hendry managed to lead 5-3 after the way he played against White, then Williams must've been pretty grim. In the first session, he had a high break of about 23 didn't he? :roll:

I'm at work today, so will be putting my all into working hard after returning from annual leave. Just kidding. I will be sneaking on here to check results. <laugh> I need your knowledgable and in-depth snooker expertise to keep me going. And Wild can help as well. <ok> Good luck guys and girls.

Postby paperbackwriter

About Michael, iirc Jordan Chandler admitted his father made him lie. Also, when you think about what's more likely- MJ being a reckless paedophile or some people trying to get millions from him, it may not be such a good idea to give the whole story as an example of public's critical thinking ability. Even Jarvis Cocker would tell you that.

And if as you said, we'll never know for sure and we don't have any serious proofs against him, maybe it would be better to give Higgins a chance and simply try to enjoy him playing? People of course have to choose more negative option, perhaps it's easier (talk about spine)? And after all, it's not like leaving your children with Michael Jackson, it's only for our own entertainment. And judging by this tournament, I so prefer Higgins cheating like that than Ronnie being honest.

Anyway, I want Allen to win (though I'll be surprised if he doesn't ruin his chances at some point). Or Williams/Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

paperbackwriter wrote:About Michael, iirc Jordan Chandler admitted his father made him lie. Also, when you think about what's more likely- MJ being a reckless paedophile or some people trying to get millions from him, it may not be such a good idea to give the whole story as an example of public's critical thinking ability. Even Jarvis Cocker would tell you that.

And if as you said, we'll never know for sure and we don't have any serious proofs against him, maybe it would be better to give Higgins a chance and simply try to enjoy him playing? People of course have to choose more negative option, perhaps it's easier (talk about spine)? And after all, it's not like leaving your children with Michael Jackson, it's only for our own entertainment. And judging by this tournament, I so prefer Higgins cheating like that than Ronnie being honest.

Anyway, I want Allen to win (though I'll be surprised if he doesn't ruin his chances at some point). Or Williams/Higgins.

Interesting points about Michael Jackson. He was no doubt a very troubled individual with extreme mental problems. But, as you say, parents chose to leave their kids alone with him, even after the paedophile claims. What sort of parents are those? Who knows if he was truly innocent or not, but surely there was as much money-grabbing as anything else.

John Higgins at least there was a video-tape that showed him 'agreeing to parakeet'. Now, how heavily editted that was, we don't know. And what John's intention were, we can't know. Would he have done it, or was he saying that because he'd had a drink, or believed it was the right thing to do. Bottom line, he may well have just done something stupid in agreeing and not reporting, that's what we know was decided. It can tarnish your opinion of him, that's your right. I feel he did something stupid, but just by watching the way he battles in games, I think no matter what he did and didn't do, he still loves the game. It'll always hang over him, but who can say it hasn't added intrigue to this tournament? Will Higgins come back, with a point to prove?

He's actually my pick to win the whole thing.

Postby Roland

Alex0paul WC wrote:Anyone else hear Murphy's comments after his match? He said the game needs to be changed to stop matches like his where he dominated all game only to just about win after Day's miss in the last frame. What a hammer.

No I missed that. What's he on about now? Muppet should keep his mouth shut. He said in the PL after a match that he thinks it's about time snooker brought in a new rule of ball in hand after a foul.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:

<laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

There were several dodgey shots from memory, the red to middle being the most obvious. All smells a bit does it not. :idea:

Postby Smart

GrumpyMrDavros wrote: Higgins is seen to agree to take a bribe , not only take a bribe but state how there's no way anyone would think there'd be anything suspicious about it .Bare in mind that he was in fear of his life so decided to go along with it but still managed to crack several smiles and give the impression that he was indeed whole heartedly going along with it 100 per cent . Daniel Day Lewis has nothing on this guy

:clap: :idea: :clap: :idea: :cracker: