Topic locked

Re: Roll on the masters

Postby Tubberlad

Nice, but overated IMO... always top notch quality though

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:at least well get to see all the games

Yeh, true that. The one table set up is one of the Masters real gems...

Postby Tubberlad

Pity we can't see all the games at this year's UK, there have been so many cracking draws that will go have gone untelevised... it's a better tournament than the Masters, it's just been totally mismanaged

Postby randam05

thetubberlad wrote:
Witz78 wrote:at least well get to see all the games

Yeh, true that. The one table set up is one of the Masters real gems...

<cool> :bowdown: I do prefer the masters..but would probably be equal if managed properly, as tubber says.

It has been mismanaged. :idea:

Postby Witz78

yeh the games should be staggered better, likes of tonight, there should have been 2 games finishing and 2 starting and priority shoulda been given to the games finishing.

Also if matches chosen for TV (Robbo -McLeod, Ding-Stevens) are over after the 1st session (both 7-1) then they should have sense to not to waste a tv table showing the last few frames of a contest long since over.

Also this nonsense that people only want to see people on the tv tables if theyve won the World Championship is nonsense. So many on here are vocal whenever it comes to whos going to get on the tv tables... "oh but so and so has a WC to his name so he has to get priority"

bullocks, it should come down to what games the most attractive to the viewer(Cope -Trump, Ding- Allen, Maguire-Selby), and also who has the pulling power for a TV audience (Ronnie, Jimmy etc)

Some of the choices for TV matches so far have beeb stinking

Robbo - McLe0d
Carter - Joyce
Murphy - Wallace
Robbo- Higginson

you only need to look at the empty arenas at these games to see how attractive the fans at Telford see these games as.....

Postby Wildey

yes i think that would be a very good starting point to bring the UK Back from the brink but also its 2010 why not get a interactive poll on which matches is shown on TV Per session.

especially where you got 50% of matches not being shown.

lets ask us <ok>

Postby randam05

aussiewild wrote:yes i think that would be a very good starting point to bring the UK Back from the brink but also its 2010 why not get a interactive poll on which matches is shown on TV Per session.

lets ask us <ok>

i like it :clap:

Postby Roland

agreed Witz. Certainly those matches starting 7-1 shouldn't resume on television.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
aussiewild wrote:yes i think that would be a very good starting point to bring the UK Back from the brink but also its 2010 why not get a interactive poll on which matches is shown on TV Per session.

lets ask us <ok>

i like it :clap:

I like it too, boogaloo, lets dance :xmas: :snowman: :clap: :jugs: :xmas1: :ba: :hide: :dance2:

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:There is a small tournament going on before The Masters. :john:

Is that the german masters and you having a good time at the uk? :)

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:There is a small tournament going on before The Masters. :john:

Is that the german masters and you having a good time at the uk? :)

I'm back now. Just watched the first rounds. And did my closing night tradition of getting drunk and talking about snooker in the hotel bar with whoever turns up. :D