Post a reply

WPBSA BOARD SURVIVES AGM VOTE

Postby Wildey

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... -vote.html

The board of the WPBSA has been given a vote of confidence by players at the AGM in Sheffield today.

The chairman, Jason Ferguson, received 31 votes for with just three against.

He was officially confirmed as a WPBSA board member alongside the other co-opted directors, Alan Chamberlain, Steve Davis, David Douglas and Zhang Xiaoning.

Former directors Lee Doyle and Jim McMahon received just six and four 'yes' votes respectively.

Fewer than half of the WPBSA membership voted in the AGM.

Results:

Jason Ferguson. Votes for: 31 Votes against: 3
Alan Chamberlain. Votes for: 21 Votes against: 11
Steve Davis. Votes for: 26 Votes against: 7
David Douglas. Votes for: 28 Votes against: 5
Zhang Xiaoning. Votes for: 31 Votes against: 3
Les Barton. Votes for: 6 Votes against: 25
Lee Doyle. Votes for: 6 Votes against: 28
Patrick Fagan. Votes for: 4 Votes against: 27
Tony Knowles. Votes for: 7 Votes against: 24
Jim McMahon. Votes for: 4 Votes against: 29
Neil Tomkins. Votes for: 3 Votes against: 28

Re: WPBSA BOARD SURVIVES AGM VOTE

Postby GJ

politics

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby Bourne

All good news <ok> Amazing to think how much progress has been made in the 12 months since Hearn's appointment, here's to more to come for the next 12 months :ahh:

Postby Wildey

mate you know what this was one of the most important things in snooker this week.

if some of the old board got back then we could be on the verge of push me push against me, although Barry Hearn vision will still be intact it would also show he hasn't got the majority backing him with what's to come.

this is as much a vote of confidence to him as any one else.

Postby GJ

good news then mate

Postby Wildey

i do not know what Patsy Fagan is doing though isn't he in charge of SPA These days.

and Neil Tomkins he owns and Runs Globalsnooker.

Postby Casey

Lee Doyle. Votes for: 6 Votes against: 28
Patrick Fagan. Votes for: 4 Votes against: 27
Tony Knowles. Votes for: 7 Votes against: 24

<laugh>

Postby Roland

Well he was driveling on about a one day World Final not so long ago...

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well he was driveling on about a one day World Final not so long ago...

<ok>

good point

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:Well he was driveling on about a one day World Final not so long ago...

I doubt that's the main reason for it ... I think some personal gudges might be more like it. Look at Alan Chamberlain's score ;)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

I doubt that's the main reason for it ... I think some personal gudges might be more like it. Look at Alan Chamberlain's score ;)

Mark Selby was one <ok>

Dott probably voted for him ;)

rofl

Postby PLtheRef

Well the one thing I've heard prior to this looks like being implemented. There is some talk of a compulsory vote? I.e. all 96 eligible are required to vote.

Postby Roland

This from Suzy:

THE WPBSA received a massive vote of confidence from their membership as all serving board members were returned to office at the AGM in Sheffield today.

Those re-elected to the board were Chairman Jason Ferguson, David Douglas, Steve Davis, Alan Chamberlain and Zhang Xiaoning, of the Chinese Billiards and Snooker association. Those who failed in their bids to be elected to the board were Les Barton, Lee Doyle, Patsy Fagan, Tony Knowles, Jim McMahon and Neil Tomkins.

Following a restructuring of the game the sport's commercial arm World Snooker has generated new tournaments for next season in Brazil, Thailand and more events are planned for China. This has in turn seen new formats being introduced, with increased prize money on offer. Meanwhile the WPBSA now controls the governance of the sport and looks after the interests of the professional players.

WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson said: "The board and I welcome this vote of confidence from the membership, which provides us with the stability we need to move forward. However, there is a huge task ahead and we must not be complacent following this period of radical change.

"This board had been carefully put together and represents the global direction in which we are heading. Each individual member of the board brings a different and highly-valued skill."