Topic locked

Premier League 2010: Finals Weekend

Postby Bourne

After one of the tightest group-stages in the Premier League ever, the final qualifier for the semi-finals was decided and it was Neil Robertson who earnt his place with a dramatic victory over Shaun Murphy in Llandudno, leaping from bottom of the table at the start of the evening into the fourth qualifying place. Ronnie O'Sullivan sealed top-spot in the group with a resounding win over Mark Selby in Wales and remains unbeaten in this year's tournament. Marco Fu, who was leading the league before this week, wasn't in action in Wales but had already sealed his place in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago and will face defending champion Shaun Murphy in the last-four. First, O'Sullivan takes on Robertson in a repeat of their World Open final earlier this season, where the world-champion came out on top.

Live coverage on SkySports 4

HOPTON-ON-SEA, NORFOLK

Saturday 27 November

19:00 GMT: Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Neil Robertson
Followed by: Marco Fu vs Shaun Murphy
*Best of 9

Sunday 28 November

19:00 GMT: Winner Semi-Final 1 vs Winner Semi-Final 2
*Best of 13

Final Table:
1 Ronnie O'Sullivan 9pts
2 Marco Fu 8pts
3 Shaun Murphy 6pts
4 Neil Robertson 5pts
------------------------
5 Mark Williams 5pts
6 Mark Selby 5pts
7 Ding Junhui 4pts

Links:
Premier League - http://tinyurl.com/36w2p8q
Fixtures - http://tinyurl.com/398e5kp
Skysports - http://tinyurl.com/39oht4g

Predictions - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1285

Re: Premier League 2010: Finals Weekend

Postby SnookerFan

Hopton-On-Sea;

The village is best known for hosting the World Indoor Bowls Championship and for its tourist industry. It has a regular, if infrequent bus service to Norwich, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft and the village maintains a post office, two local convenience stores, a village primary school, and several amusement arcades, a bookmakers, a hair salon, take-away food venues and a chip shop. It once had its own station Hopton railway station, linking it to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft but this now closed.

Fecking hell, sounds about as boring as where I live. rofl

Postby Roland

It does sound like a bizarre place to hold the PL finals and somewhere I'll never have the pleasure in visiting for real. To get to Norfolk from the North you need to spend 10 hours stuck in single file traffic about 50 vehicles behind the slowest car on the continent with too much coming the other way to bother overtaking.

If they held it in Leeds then I might consider going the Mickey Mouse Shotclock classic.

Postby Casey

SnookerFan wrote:I'd go, but I don't drive and I can't get there on train, as there is no train station in the twon. :roll:

Sounds like a lovely place :)

Postby Bourne

It's not really in the town though, on the outskirts in a little holiday complex ... much easier to drive there.

Postby Bourne

Neil Robertson happy to be 'underdog' to O'Sullivan

This is his home turf if you like ... He's such a master of this format. I'm coming into it perhaps as an underdog but I had a new lease of life by beating Shaun ... I don't really look at it and think 'hey, I'm number one, look at me, I'm so great' ... I've never really looked at it like that. But it gives me a lot of confidence knowing I've been a consistent tournament winner the last couple of years ... i've been having good practice the last few days, I've got a bit of a cold at the minute, hopefully I can shake that off before the weekend ... It's not the nicest thing playing snooker when you've got a cold, it's not the most comfortable thing wearing the shirt and trousers when you've got a fever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 228707.stm

Postby Wildey

Ronnie is obviously fave tonight but Neil played great stuff last week which should give him confidence.

Postby SnookerFan

aussiewild wrote:Ronnie is obviously fave tonight but Neil played great stuff last week which should give him confidence.

One performance though. Before last week, Robertson wouldn't have been favourite if he'd played me. And I've never picked up a snooker cue in my life.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:What time are the matches on tonight? Every TV guide I've looked at have the snooker on at 7pm, except the listing on my Sky Sports box, which seem to suggest that it will be on at 7:30pm. :huh:

Even the Sky Sports website have it on at 7:30pm.

http://www.skysports.com/video/tv_guide ... 3,,00.html

:idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:What time are the matches on tonight? Every TV guide I've looked at have the snooker on at 7pm, except the listing on my Sky Sports box, which seem to suggest that it will be on at 7:30pm. :huh:

You want to wave at me, and have sex with me? Fine. But what time is the snooker on? :huh:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

You want to wave at me, and have sex with me? Fine. But what time is the snooker on? :huh:

:wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

Postby SnookerFan

So basically, we have this situation....

Sky Sports say the coverage starts at 7:30pm....
The Radio Times says the coverage says it starts at 7:00pm....
StalinEsq has outed himself as somebody who want sexual relations with me....
My dad is watching Wales vs New Zealand anyway, so most of this is irrelevant, as I won't be able to have the telly until got 7.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote::) I'm drinking very heavily :)

I've been on it quite a bit myself. Had lunch and dinner inbetween, to soak up some of the alochol though. I stopped by a pub I haven't been in for quite a while earlier, and I had a four-pack with England vs South Africa. May have a couple of tinnies with the snooekr tonight, if I'm allowed to see any of it. :roll:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

I've been on it quite a bit myself. Had lunch and dinner inbetween, to soak up some of the alochol though. I stopped by a pub I haven't been in for quite a while earlier, and I had a four-pack with England vs South Africa. May have a couple of tinnies with the snooekr tonight, if I'm allowed to see any of it. :roll:

its white wine, but I'm now hitting the coke as I wanna see the cricket tonight........................GL mate :wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

Postby Alex0paul

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

its white wine, but I'm now hitting the coke as I wanna see the cricket tonight........................GL mate :wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

I think you'd better keep drinking if your watching the cricket. Might soften the blow.

Postby Alex0paul

I really fancy Marco Fu to win it this weekend. He has had a really decent season so far and again probably has a false ranking on recent form too.