Post a reply

Re: The Royal Wedding v world champs SF's

Postby Roland

What will it actually mean for the World Championships though? I'm not going that day and was banking on being able to watch it on tv. Those Right Royal chameleons have thrown a spanner in the works.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:What will it actually mean for the World Championships though? I'm not going that day and was banking on being able to watch it on tv. Those Right Royal chameleons have thrown a spanner in the works.

Fair chance the snooker will be cancelled, certainly during the time when the service etc is being shown.
Im by no means a big royalist but i would watch the royal wedding of our future king anyday over a session of snooker. With this now being a public holiday etc and such a huge national event, a once in a generation event, its hard to imagine the snooker being on at the same time.

Postby Bourne

If they do play it at the same time as the wedding then it will surely be the worst attended session in Sheffield ever, even wild will probably have his union jacks and scarf out cheering on the happy couple. :?

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:If they do play it at the same time as the wedding then it will surely be the worst attended session in Sheffield ever, even wild will probably have his union jacks and scarf out cheering on the happy couple. :?

Be funny if Hendry makes the semis then theres no fans there and he loses heavily and moans that the lack of atmosphere reminded him of the PTC.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:If they do play it at the same time as the wedding then it will surely be the worst attended session in Sheffield ever, even wild will probably have his union jacks and scarf out cheering on the happy couple. :?

Be funny if Hendry makes the semis then theres no fans there and he loses heavily and moans that the lack of atmosphere reminded him of the PTC.

I stopped reading at 'if Hendry makes the semis' :redneck:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Technically a commonwealth wedding, and there's more countries in the commonwealth than compete in the worlds

:chin:

:zzz:

I take it there will be no morning or afternoon sessions that day?

Postby Bourne

One would imagine so, but we're talking about the competence of world snooker though so they'll probably shock us all by moving the World final to that day. :emu:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:One would imagine so, but we're talking about the competence of world snooker though so they'll probably shock us all by moving the World final to that day. :emu:

Ratings winner :bowdown: <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Technically a commonwealth wedding, and there's more countries in the commonwealth than compete in the worlds

no all the countries in the world can compete in the worlds hardly the fault of snooker most are rubbish at it :redneck:

persanally it will mean rubbish to me anyway so ill be on eurosport or red button who wants to listen to Steve Davis talking bolloxxx about how long matches are crap <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:What will it actually mean for the World Championships though? I'm not going that day and was banking on being able to watch it on tv. Those Right Royal chameleons have thrown a spanner in the works.

For those with terrestrial television only, with no access to the red button or to Eurosport it means they run the risk of not being able to see it. For those of us that can watch it over the red button, or Eurosport, it just means we'll have to change the channel. Okay, so we might not be cutting to Parrot and Davis talking about the 1985 final between each frame, but if that's the only sacrifice, who cares?

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESYBOYO wrote:

no all the countries in the world can compete in the worlds hardly the fault of snooker most are rubbish at it :redneck:

persanally it will mean rubbish to me anyway so ill be on eurosport or red button who wants to listen to Steve Davis talking bolloxxx about how long matches are crap <ok>

Mr Wild. <cool> I will be joining you on that one. Though to be fair, if the only think the Royal Wedding clashes with is Spongebob Squarepants, I'd still watch the other channel. I certainly wouldn't miss Crucible Semi-Finals for it. <laugh> It'll be me and you posting on here that day, wondering where everybody is.

Postby Roland

Yes but I think it will be out of your control whether you watch the snooker or not. Royal weddings are the sort of thing that can stop the World Championships for a day.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Yes but I think it will be out of your control whether you watch the snooker or not. Royal weddings are the sort of thing that can stop the World Championships for a day.

I bloody hope not. What about those of us that have tickets for the semis or the final and have already booked hotels? My interest in watching two posh twits get married was pretty minimal anyway, and I certainly wouldn't rather watch it over snooker.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Yes but I think it will be out of your control whether you watch the snooker or not. Royal weddings are the sort of thing that can stop the World Championships for a day.

I bloody hope not. What about those of us that have tickets for the semis or the final and have already booked hotels? My interest in watching two posh twits get married was pretty minimal anyway, and I certainly wouldn't rather watch it over snooker.

I guess its just hard luck <laugh> :wave: <laugh> :wave:

Postby Wildey

i supose you do have a point there.

but the WORLD moves on will they pay snookerfan's cancellation fee ? will they hell.

Postby Smart

wildJONESYBOYO wrote:

i supose you do have a point there.

but the WORLD moves on will they pay snookerfan's cancellation fee ? will they hell.

<laugh> rofl <laugh> rofl

Postby Tubberlad

World Championship stopped for some hammers wedding? HA <laugh>