Poll ended at 15 Aug 2021

Yan Bingtao wins the Masters
77%
Chengdu’s rankings thread
23%

Total votes : 13

SI’s Favourite Moment of 20/21: Semi Final 1

Postby Iranu

Welcome to the first semi final in Snooker Island’s Favourite Moment of the 2020-2021 season!

This match features:

Yan Bingtao winning The Masters
“In January 2021, a new era in snooker was born.”

Will snooker fans and pundits look back at the 2021 Masters as a watershed moment in years to come? It’s too early to say, of course. But beating all-time great John Higgins in the final was but one of several instances of Yan Bingtao showing maturity beyond his years in winning the Masters ages just 20.

It’s no surprise that this is the number 1 seed and heavy tournament favourite.

vs

Chengdufan’s rankings thread
Many of us have identified flaws in the current ranking system, and even suggested improvements.

Chengdufan went several steps further, not only implementing an alternative system but going back through the history of snooker to apply it over the years and decades. Currently into 2018, Chengdu’s thread is fast closing on the present day at which point I can only assume he’ll present his system to WST while asking, “Why aren’t you doing this, ya mooks?”

Happy voting!

Re: SI’s Favourite Moment of 20/21: Semi Final 1

Postby chengdufan

I'm proud and humbled that the work I've put into my hobby has been appreciated by you guys to the extent that it has made it this far in the competition.
Thank you to those who voted for the thread and to those who have made so many valuable contributions to it over the last 10 months.

I plan to reach the present day by November and then keep it going 'live'. Once we're at the present day, I'll also begin work on an all time ranking list.

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:I'm proud and humbled that the work I've put into my hobby has been appreciated by you guys to the extent that it has made it this far in the competition.
Thank you to those who voted for the thread and to those who have made so many valuable contributions to it over the last 10 months.

I plan to reach the present day by November and then keep it going 'live'. Once we're at the present day, I'll also begin work on an all time ranking list.

:goodpost:

Postby Dan-cat

chengdufan wrote:I'm proud and humbled that the work I've put into my hobby has been appreciated by you guys to the extent that it has made it this far in the competition.

I love dipping into your thread, to relive the memories, and also it fills in gaps in my knowledge during my snooker wilderness years where I only really watched the big ones and didn't follow the tour as closely as I do now. Thank you for this labour of love.