Topic locked

12Bet.com UK Championship Qualifying !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

23rd November~1st December at The Academy,Sheffield.

So There has been 7 weeks since Neil Robertson won the World Open in Glasgow and now the 3rd Major World Ranking tournament of the season gets underway at the Academy in sheffield to find the 16 players that will be going forward to play the top 16 at telford between December 4th and December 12th.

its 3 session Per Day 10am,2.30pm and 7pm played on a maximum of 6 tables per Day.

There will be no Play on Saturday 27th of November due to them re clothing the tables.

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTIONS HERE

Re: 12Bet.com UK Championship Qualifying !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Hopefully Reanne wins her first three matches and Judd can ease into the main draw <cool>

lets Face facts here if Judd doesent get in the main draw with the draw they gave him here he might aswell pack it in and go cherry Picking <laugh>

Postby Wildey

on Tuesday its Back to Sheffield and Best of 17s

Tuesday 23 November

10 am and 7 pm

Paul Davies v Patrick Einslie
Liam Highfield v Kuldesh Johal
Jamie Jones v Dermot McGlinchey
Andrew Pagett v Noppon Saengkham
Ben Woollaston v Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon
Igor Figueiredo v Liu Chaung

2.30 pm

James Wattana v Kurt Maflin
David Gilbert v Issara Kachaiwong
Mark Joyce v Jak Jones
Xiao Guodong v Reanne Evans

Postby GJ

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:on Tuesday its Back to Sheffield and Best of 17s

Proper Snooker

:ahh: :afro:

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Propoer snooker... :? maybe we should have left it ith six propoer snooker events per year and nothing else....
Who`s Jim got? Let me see..

yes to have a proper tour you got to have different tier events .....not every tennis tournament has the same prestige same for Golf.

of course winning in telford will be a bigger achievement no 2 ways about that but lets not knock a foothold in getting snooker back up where it belongs.

i think the PTC Been a huge success in it infancy and i know it will grow bigger and better.

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
Bourne wrote:Hopefully Reanne wins her first three matches and Judd can ease into the main draw <cool>

lets Face facts here if Judd doesent get in the main draw with the draw they gave him here he might aswell pack it in and go cherry Picking <laugh>

COME ON REANNE! :D GIRL POWER!

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Hmm not a bad draw for Jim, could have been much worse. How `bout getting to a venue JIm!!??

The only way Jimmy gets to Telford this year, is if Barry Hearn decides he wants to add a Wild Card round at the last minute.

Postby Witz78

Tuesday 23 November

10 am and 7 pm

Paul Davies v Patrick Einslie - COME ON PATRICK
Liam Highfield v Kuldesh Johal - COME ON LIAM
Jamie Jones v Dermot McGlinchey - COME ON JAMIE
Andrew Pagett v Noppon Saengkham - COME ON NOPPON
Ben Woollaston v Thanawat Thirapongpaiboon - COME ON TT
Igor Figueiredo v Liu Chaung - COME ON IGOR

2.30 pm

James Wattana v Kurt Maflin - COME ON WATTANA
David Gilbert v Issara Kachaiwong - COME ON IK
Mark Joyce v Jak Jones - COME ON DOUBLE J
Xiao Guodong v Reanne Evans - COME ON GUODONG

Postby randam05

StalinESQ wrote:good luck David Gilbert :)

you like dave?

I like his style an awful lot, thought he was great..dont know what has happenedto him recentley though.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:good luck David Gilbert :)

you like dave?

I like his style an awful lot, thought he was great..dont know what has happenedto him recentley though.

never thought a great deal of him before but in beating Cope at the PTC in Gloucester he played with real purpose, never missed a thing, his breakbuilding was at a decent pace and was pretty much flawless. He also has a nice manner around the table. :idea: :wave: :idea:

Postby randam05

Yh I saw him play at the welsh open two years ago and he was very appealing to watch..hopefully he can regain his form as his play is very attractive. He had troubles with work, i remember an interview, he was going to give up snooker after getting nowhere and become a full time farmer with his dad then quit for snooker..his poor season made me think he might quit this time, but im suprised and happy to still see him playing. Best of luck qualifying for the Uk. Would love to see him on TV in a proper big event. Did he ever qualify for the World championship?

Postby Alex0paul

randam05 wrote:Yh I saw him play at the welsh open two years ago and he was very appealing to watch..hopefully he can regain his form as his play is very attractive. He had troubles with work, i remember an interview, he was going to give up snooker after getting nowhere and become a full time farmer with his dad then quit for snooker..his poor season made me think he might quit this time, but im suprised and happy to still see him playing. Best of luck qualifying for the Uk. Would love to see him on TV in a proper big event. Did he ever qualify for the World championship?

Yeah he qualified in 2007 where he led Hendry 5-1 but lost 10-7. He is a funny player as he was tipped to be at the top of the game when he first came through but I think he lacks something upstairs and just doesn't have enough fight in him. However I can see him reaching a quarter or two if he keeps going.

Postby Smart

Alex :idea:

I reckon his attitude is that of he will play as he would as if down the club (relaxed, quite free and easy). I just reckon his talent is not properly being exposed, and would actually like him to get to the Crucible and feature at the back end of a few tournies so that the world can all see how good he is. :idea:

Postby Roland

Yep, Williams couldn't do a thing about Gilbert in that match. You can see from his body language that he's seriously on it throughout that match. We all know what it's like to have an evening when you can't miss, when you're playing your best game. You think to yourself "This is how I normally play" and then every time after that you're judging yourself against that performance when in reality you have hit the dizzy heights of what you're capable of. Gilbert would win a World Title if he always played as good as he did against Williams in the Welsh but he doesn't which is why he's not been on television since.