Post a reply

World Pool Championship 2021

Postby Prop

The tournament began today, held at the Marshall Arena. It’s on Sky and Matchroom.

I quite enjoyed the Masters a few weeks ago, and while it’ll never be as engrossing as snooker for me (and I’m guessing the majority of us here) it’s decent entertainment, and occasionally produces some moments of real skill and showmanship.

I notice quite a few snooker officials are involved, and of course Phil Yates will again be flexing his unique brand of commentary in the box!

Re: World Pool Championship 2021

Postby James Bentley

Is it definitely on Matchroom? It's not listed on matchroom.live at all (mind you, nothing is, they apparently have no upcoming events to watch live on there in any sport, which seems a bit odd). Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:Is it definitely on Matchroom? It's not listed on matchroom.live at all (mind you, nothing is, they apparently have no upcoming events to watch live on there in any sport, which seems a bit odd). Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Actually, you’re right. I didn’t read it properly, apologies. In the uk it’s Sky only, but then if you’re outside the uk it’s either Matchroom or another broadcaster.

That’s a bit crap!

Postby SnookerEd25

Prop wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Is this nine-ball?

Yep <ok>

Great. Hopefully some of the action will have been uploaded to YouTube...

Postby James Bentley

I don't know if it's some contractual thing with Sky Sports blocking it or what, but I think Matchroom are missing a trick here. There's absolutely zero chance that I'm going to subscribe to Sky Sports (their prices are beyond extortionate and I'm not interested in most of their content), but I'd happily pay a few quid to be able to watch live coverage of this event as a one-off.

Postby SnookerEd25

James Bentley wrote:I don't know if it's some contractual thing with Sky Sports blocking it or what, but I think Matchroom are missing a trick here. There's absolutely zero chance that I'm going to subscribe to Sky Sports (their prices are beyond extortionate and I'm not interested in most of their content), but I'd happily pay a few quid to be able to watch live coverage of this event as a one-off.

:goodpost:

Postby Prop

Good match between Jayson Shaw and Imran Majid. Shaw was bossing it but Majid is just one behind now.

Postby Juddernaut88

Don't really mind who wins out of Shaw and Majid to be honest as both are British.
It's good that it's a close game now though.

Postby Prop

Juddernaut88 wrote:Don't really mind who wins out of Shaw and Majid to be honest as both are British.
It's good that it's a close game now though.

You just read my mind! But I was thinking shame one Brit goes out. Glass half empty <laugh>

Majid is really good to watch

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Skyler Woodward wins 11-8 :(

Skyler's such a weird name.

He’s got the mullet to go with it.

Postby James Bentley

Found a free stream!

Skyler Woodward's being interviewed. His mullet didn't disappoint, it's an absolute classic of the genre.

Postby Prop

James Bentley wrote:Found a free stream!

Skyler Woodward's being interviewed. His mullet didn't disappoint, it's an absolute classic of the genre.

<laugh>

Postby Prop

They’re now setting up the balls without the little fabric diamond template, for whatever reason. And already a player has potted the 9 off the break!

Not sure why they’ve changed that mid-tournament :chin:

Postby James Bentley

Prop wrote:They’re now setting up the balls without the little fabric diamond template, for whatever reason. And already a player has potted the 9 off the break!

Not sure why they’ve changed that mid-tournament :chin:

I've only seen a very limited amount this year so far, but I couldn't work out exactly what it was for. The ref seemed to be moving the 9 ball after the break, but on all the occasions I was paying attention, the 9 ball hadn't moved out of the diamond. So I wondered, well what happens if the 9 goes up the table, does it get moved back to within the little diamond? And what happens if it's potted on the break?