Post a reply

Can you think

Postby shanew48

of any other current or past players apart from Jack Lisowski who have been allowed to work on the BBC coverage without actually having won a professional tournament? his agent is really doing a fine job for him to get him that gig, Dave Gilbert must be thinking he should be getting a call next year!

Re: Can you think

Postby Iranu

The BBC asked him to do it as a result of Judd’s interview.

Postby shanew48

Empire State Human wrote:It was quite common in the past: Meadowcroft, Everton, Karnehm.

edit: Rex Williams and Ray Edmonds as well.

None of the other current crop though or in recent years, even Virgo won something of note to get the gig in the first place.

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:The BBC asked him to do it as a result of Judd’s interview.

Would other players have been more deserving? Dott has actually won the WC, I understand he does have a head like a dot and talks like a girl and doesn't look like he is straight from central casting like Jack... and I've just answered my own question haven't I, Jack is a beautiful man, that can not be denied.

Postby Iranu

shanew48 wrote:
Iranu wrote:The BBC asked him to do it as a result of Judd’s interview.

Would other players have been more deserving? Dott has actually won the WC, I understand he does have a head like a dot and talks like a girl and doesn't look like he is straight from central casting like Jack... and I've just answered my own question haven't I, Jack is a beautiful man, that can not be denied.

Graeme Dott is 44 years old and doesn’t really fit the profile of what Judd was talking about in terms of having younger players on punditry and commentary, although he is a current player.

It’s hard to imagine Dott describing shots as “spicy” and demonstrating flare shots.

Dott having won the WC doesn’t automatically make him more deserving from a broadcasting perspective.

Postby HappyCamper

winning snooker tournaments isn't really a qualification for being a broadcaster.

Postby mick745

HappyCamper wrote:winning snooker tournaments isn't really a qualification for being a broadcaster.

Bbc think the only qualification is to be a former top 16 player, preferably a former world champion and/or wn1.

Ability to be able to commentate is not a necessary qualification.

Postby Running side

Dan-cat wrote:Eloquence, charisma, good looks... perfect broadcaster material.

Or borderline racist, sexist, alcoholic ex winner.

Postby Juddernaut88

Running side wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Eloquence, charisma, good looks... perfect broadcaster material.

Or borderline racist, sexist, alcoholic ex winner.

Who do you think was borderline racist?

Postby SnookerFan

It was just an attempt at getting younger people doing commentary. No big deal.