Topic locked

Premier League 2010: Week 9 (Grimsby)

Postby Bourne

The 2010 Premier League reaches it's penultimate week in the group-stage with it's first semi-finalist confirmed last week when Marco Fu defeated World Champion Neil Robertson to qualify for the last four with a match to go. The defeat didn't rule Robertson out of qualifying for the semi-finals, with two matches left he can win both and book his spot in finals weekend in Norfolk. He takes on Ronnie O'Sullivan in the second match in Grimsby, a repeat of their World Open final 2 months ago when Robertson comfortably came out on top. In the night's first match, Shaun Murphy, who dramatically stole a point at the death against Mark Selby last Thursday, also harbours hopes of defending his title and a win for him would put him in a strong position going into next week's final round.

Live coverage will be on SkySports2

Thursday 11 November
1930 BST: Shaun Murphy 4-2 Mark Williams
Followed by: Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-1 Neil Robertson

Table after Week 8
1 Marco Fu 8pts/Played 6/Frames Won - 20
2 Mark Selby 5pts/P 5/FW - 16
3 Mark Williams 5pts/P 5/FW - 15
4 Ronnie O'Sullivan 5pts/P 4/FW - 13
------------------------
5 Shaun Murphy 4pts/P 4/FW - 13
6 Ding Junhui 4pts/P 6/FW - 12
7 Neil Robertson 3pts/P 4/FW - 13

Links:
Premier League - http://tinyurl.com/36w2p8q
Fixtures - http://tinyurl.com/398e5kp
Skysports - http://tinyurl.com/39oht4g

Predictions - viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1285

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 9 (Grimsby)

Postby SnookerFan

Ding is out already, isn't he? I can't see Robertson getting through to the semis, unfortunately. He's probably the best player in the world at regular games, at the moment, but just can't do shot clock.

The last "relegation place" could be anyone of the last four. As the guy who won it every year for so long, and then made the final in the first year he didn't win it, I wouldn't mind seeing Ronnie out, purely for the purposes of seeing something different. But my prediction is that Ronnie will go safely through too. Maybe Murphy out? It really is too tight to tell.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Won't be able to watch all the second match argggh

me neither, at least playing snooker is my reason though :)

coulda done with playing before 9pm though, think ill just pause the SKY when i head out then watch the Ronnie - Robbo match in fast forward mode.

Shot clock format watched in fast forward. Wilds worst nightmare :D

Postby Alex0paul

I love the ridiculously camp introduction videos where the players turn and look at camera. Murphy looks like a bit angry in his.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I've always wanted to know who Mark is picking to win a boxing fight before a must-win PL match :chin:

yes Andy Goldstein is the English John Evans <doh>

Postby Roland

Williams becomes the first player since Ronnie to realise that sometimes you can take the hit of 5 points by letting the clock run out. Surprised more haven't realised that.

Postby Roland

Murphy didn't think there, he took a time out but it was the same scenario. He's going to be put back in whatever so take the hit and save the time out.

Finally we have a perfect overhead camera. Another thing that should've been done before now.

Postby Alex0paul

Bourne wrote:I thought the opponent would get the shot after the time foul

He put him back in

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I thought the opponent would get the shot after the time foul

he did but did murphy want to play the shot ?

so he put mark back in

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:buck sake, it took me five minutes to post the last post. Every time I clicked submit, it kept telling me somebody else had posted.

I'll try and sort that out but I remember it from last time. I think there's a bug so for this forum it won't allow turning off that feature. Watch this space.

Postby Bourne

simplysnooker wrote:Come on Mark! Like the camera over the table length ways as well.

Got tickets for the final in 2 and a half weeks, can't wait!

1 tip, get there early and bring some provisions

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:David Haye is going to beat Audley Harrison, 100% defininte. Can we get on with the snooker now?

yes but only after i correct you first.

Glass Chin Haye is going down, its destiny that our Olympic hero Harrison will win the world heavyweight crown. Haye is in for the fight of his life, The A Force will have the gold around his waist come Saturday :excited: <ok>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:buck sake, it took me five minutes to post the last post. Every time I clicked submit, it kept telling me somebody else had posted.

yes sonny could you disable that from this section.

its not on the other tournament discusion sections.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:

I'll try and sort that out but I remember it from last time. I think there's a bug so for this forum it won't allow turning off that feature. Watch this space.

<ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:David Haye is going to beat Audley Harrison, 100% defininte. Can we get on with the snooker now?

yes but only after i correct you first.

Glass Chin Haye is going down, its destiny that our Olympic hero Harrison will win the world heavyweight crown. Haye is in for the fight of his life, The A Force will have the gold around his waist come Saturday :excited: <ok>

I guess you're all over the 11/2 ?