Post a reply

Crucible disappointments

Postby Running side

This year's championship. What's been your biggest let down ,Ronnie's early exit lack of crowds.

Re: Crucible disappointments

Postby Juddernaut88

Ding losing to Bingham and Lisowski losing to Robertson, okay I know it was unlikely Jack was going to beat him but he was in the match for the first 2 sessions.

Postby Alex0paul

Just seems so easy for breakbuilding yet again. It seems once a player makes 20 then you know the frame will inevitably be over

Postby chengdufan

All refs bar one being white males.

Leo Scullion continues to get the gig. Seriously, what has he got on the person who chooses the refs?

Postby The_Abbott

chengdufan wrote:All refs bar one being white males.

Leo Scullion continues to get the gig. Seriously, what has he got on the person who chooses the refs?

Leo is the over 80 quota filled

Postby Running side

Not seen much of Brendon this year.

Postby Reg Varney

Yeah, only the one female official this year is pretty disappointing from World Snooker.

No idea why Tatiana was overlooked. I'm sure Leo is a nice guy but the sooner he retires the better. Maybe I don't notice him as much during the season but it feels like Jan only does the Worlds these days.

Postby Running side

Alex0paul wrote:Just seems so easy for breakbuilding yet again. It seems once a player makes 20 then you know the frame will inevitably be over

I'm still realling from your Desi outing.

Postby Prop

The_Abbott wrote:People wearing their face masks down at their ankles

<laugh>

Postby badtemperedcyril

Alex0paul wrote:Just seems so easy for breakbuilding yet again. It seems once a player makes 20 then you know the frame will inevitably be over
Should go back to heavier balls and cloth with a nap. Make it harder to open the reds.

Postby Running side

Reg Varney wrote:

Yeah, only the one female official this year is pretty disappointing from World Snooker.

No idea why Tatiana was overlooked. I'm sure Leo is a nice guy but the sooner he retires the better. Maybe I don't notice him as much during the season but it feels like Jan only does the Worlds these days.

Possibly covid travel restrictions.

Postby mick745

Running side wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:

Surely Ben and Tatiana live in the uk?

Postby Running side

mick745 wrote:
Running side wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:

Surely Ben and Tatiana live in the uk?

Ment more Jan and other European referees.

Postby Iranu

Tatiana has another job and she’s said she can’t always take time off from that to ref in tournaments. Could be the same for others. I think almost no referees survive just on their reffing salary.

Postby Reg Varney

Iranu wrote:Tatiana has another job and she’s said she can’t always take time off from that to ref in tournaments. Could be the same for others. I think almost no referees survive just on their reffing salary.

<ok>

Cheers. That would explain it. Olivier has a second job (as is often mentioned) and would have to assume then that he isn't the only one.

Postby Prop

Running side wrote:Didn't Leo work in accounting.

rofl very good

Postby SnookerFan

Reg Varney wrote:

Jan does seem to referee less. But he's Head Referee, so he's around still.

Postby Running side

Prop wrote:
Running side wrote:Didn't Leo work in accounting.

rofl very good

Just Googled him, ex police,taxi driver top break of 93. He is 63,I'm speechless.

Postby Dragonfly

O Sullivan's poor showing. And I think the lack of new talent. Yan has time on his side and will continue to improve. But seems like there's nobody new is going to shake the game up any time soon

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Tatiana has another job and she’s said she can’t always take time off from that to ref in tournaments. Could be the same for others. I think almost no referees survive just on their reffing salary.

Only those who work directly for WST and WST only, and those are about 1% of all referees.

Postby Andre147

And biggest disappointment by far Ronnie losing early, should at the very least made the Semis with the draw he had, and maybe face Selby again like last year.