Murphy
3%
Wilson
3%

Total votes : 31

Poll - Who Do You Want to Win?

Postby sundaygirl

Companion piece to Mick745’s poll

If wishing could make it so, who would you choose as this year’s champion?

Re: Poll - Who Do You Want to Win?

Postby Juddernaut88

I want Judd Trump to win the title. If he does I will have to have some crazy party, if he doesn't I will sulk for a week :sad:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Be funny if Bingham got a second, just to annoy the forum.

I’m tempted too vote Selby, just to annoy JB

Postby Reg Varney

After Ronnie was eliminated I was rooting for Neil, now however I want MJW to win a fourth.

Anyone bar Selby or Trump would do though.

Postby Dragonfly

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'd love to see a Judd Trump and Mark Selby final, the meltdown on this forum would be hilarious.

With Selby to win. The meltdown in Trumps head would be hilarious

Postby mick745

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'd love to see a Judd Trump and Mark Selby final, the meltdown on this forum would be hilarious.

I think that would be a cracking final.

Postby Reg Varney

I'd be rooting for your boy if that was to happen Judders.

Postby SnookerEd25

mick745 wrote:

A real clash of styles. Intriguing over 35 frames.

Postby mick745

I do feel this is a pivotal moment in Judd's career. The championship is really there for his taking, he'd feel it was one that got a way if he doesnt do it.

He can push on to win some more from then on.

For such a dominant player his TC record is relatively poor.

You feel the pressure would build if he was stuck on one WSC title for too long.

Postby SnookerEd25

mick745 wrote:I do feel this is a pivotal moment in Judd's career. The championship is really there for his taking, he'd feel it was one that got a way if he doesnt do it.

He can push on to win some more from then on.

For such a dominant player his TC record is relatively poor.

You feel the pressure would build if he was stuck on one WSC title for too long.

Don’t think he is too bothered about the Masters or UK generally, but certainly needs more Worlds and, yes, the pressure will build if he doesn’t get another this year.

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
mick745 wrote:

A real clash of styles. Intriguing over 35 frames.

Yep, that would be a match I’d really like to happen. I can’t remember the last time they met in a final.

Postby Reg Varney

mick745 wrote:For such a dominant player his TC record is relatively poor.

I'd go as far as to say it's terrible. For better or worse, players are judged on their Triple Crown results and the longer he goes without adding to the tally, the more the pressure will undoubtedly start to get to him (it may already have).

FWIW, at the same age as Trump is now Higgins only had one World title, O'Sullivan two and Selby had yet to win one, so time and history is likely on his side.

Postby mick745

Reg Varney wrote:

I'd go as far as to say it's terrible. For better or worse, players are judged on their Triple Crown results and the longer he goes without adding to the tally, the more the pressure will undoubtedly start to get to him (it may already have).

FWIW, at the same age as Trump is now Higgins only had one World title, O'Sullivan two and Selby had yet to win one, so time and history is likely on his side.

At the moment Trump is on one of each of the TCs - the same as Shaun Murphy.

Interesting comparison with O'Sullivan, Higgins and Selby, how many TCs altogether had they won at Trump's age?

Postby Iranu

Is this Championship there for the taking for Judd? Three other world champions and two three-time world champions potentially in his way.

The ‘likely’ route would be playing Murphy, Robbo and Selby/MJW in his next three matches. That’s hardly an easy run-in.

Postby Reg Varney

mick745 wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:

At the moment Trump is on one of each of the TCs - the same as Shaun Murphy.

Interesting comparison with O'Sullivan, Higgins and Selby, how many TCs altogether had they won at Trump's age?

For Triple Crown's at the same age as Trump:

Ronnie O'Sullivan - 7 (2 World, 3 UK, 2 Masters)

Mark Williams - 6 (2 World, 2 UK, 2 Masters)

John Higgins - 5 (1 World, 2 UK, 2 Masters)

Mark Selby - 4 (1 UK, 3 Masters)

Postby SnookerEd25

sundaygirl wrote:I’m guessing neither CK nor GJ have seen the poll yet

Or they have voted tactically...

Postby The_Abbott

mick745 wrote:The aussie wouldnt be a very popular winner in these parts!

doesn't explain Bingham's lack of votes though

Postby TheRocket

ROS was on 8 TC titles at Judds age. 2 Worlds, 3 UK's, 3 Masters

But it shows that Judd has a lot of time to improve his TC record.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:ROS was on 8 TC titles at Judds age. 2 Worlds, 3 UK's, 3 Masters

But it shows that Judd has a lot of time to improve his TC record.

He has, but maybe not enough time to get near Ronnie's number. if he reaches 10 he's had a great career.