Post a reply

Welsh Venue

Postby SnookerFan

With the venue of the Welsh Open in February still TBA, where do we think it'll be held? I remember buying tickets for the Welsh Open a couple of years ago, straight after the UK Championships, so you would assume the venue will be announced soon.

I take it that they didn't rush straight into announcing a venue to mean that they don't want to hold it at The Newport Centre. But, the fact it hasn't been announced yet, do we imply this means they haven't found anywhere else? Are they struggling to find anywhere else to home it, do we think? Or am I reading too much into this.

I can see why they wouldn't want it at The Newport Centre, it's a very cramped venue. Not in the sense of sitting and watching, but it's on top of a swimming baths, and when you have hundreds of people milling around the corridors, it doesn't have a lot of room. Newport itself is a dump. And it'd have to be a massive dump to even register with me, because I am so used to living in Croydon. But, I also thoroughly enjoyed the tournament when I went also, so will probably go again. Which is why I ask.

Re: Welsh Venue

Postby Wildey

i hated the CIA both times ive been there so i hope it wont be played there.

although Newport wouldn't be my first choice it is better than the CIA..

Newport has a long association with Snooker it was used for the Welsh Professional Championship prior to it being made a Ranking Tournament between 1987 and 1991 but it is time to DUMP it now :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:i hated the CIA both times ive been there so i hope it wont be played there.

Newport has a long association with Snooker it was used for the Welsh Professional Championship prior to it being made a Ranking Tournament between 1987 and 1991 but it is time to DUMP it now :redneck:

I never went to the CIA, but I've heard that it wasn't very popular. Either that or I remember you saying it last time it was discussed. <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:i hated the CIA both times ive been there so i hope it wont be played there.

I never went to the CIA, but I've heard that it wasn't very popular. Either that or I remember you saying it last time it was discussed. <laugh>

yes ive said it before and hand on heart the Worst Venue ive ever been 2.

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

yes ive said it before and hand on heart the Worst Venue ive ever been 2.

My fault for starting a conversation we've discussed before. My ex-flatmate always nagged on at me for repeating myself. I always joked, for somebody who hates repetition, they tell me they don't like it often enough. rofl

My dad has started telling me off about it now I've moved back. But this is from the guy who, when I was 15, came into my room and told me off for doing English homework, because he thought my Maths homework was more important. <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:pretty sure its Newport, as I picked up a world snooker flyer whilst at the EPTC ................will check it out tomorrow (its in the car) :idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

what car have you got?

Postby Smart

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:pretty sure its Newport, as I picked up a world snooker flyer whilst at the EPTC ................will check it out tomorrow (its in the car) :idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

what car have you got?

one with four wheels :idea: :wave: :wave:

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:

what car have you got?

one with four wheels :idea: :wave: :wave:

not the answer i expected

Postby SnookerFan

I actually got one of them when I was at the Brentwood Premier League event. It did say Newport, but I wondered if it was an error, as it doesn't seem to have ben confirmed yet.

Postby jadechelsea

is anyone going to the welsh open in febuary?

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:is anyone going to the welsh open in febuary?

well at the moment we not sure where its held at might be my garden shed <laugh>

Postby jadechelsea

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:

well at the moment we not sure where its held at might be my garden shed <laugh>

<laugh> wild

Postby SnookerFan

I'm thinking about it... And, as of day, it looks like it's going to take me a couple more months before I'm finally able to move into my new home. :-( So, I am feeling pretty confident that I will want to put a lot of distance between me and my parents by then. It's looking more likely. <laugh>

Postby jadechelsea

StalinESQ wrote:

Yeah I might go for one day as its quite close, but lets get Christmas done first. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

we go every year i probley go on the thursday yh :tree:

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:

I'm thinking about it... And, as of day, it looks like it's going to take me a couple more months before I'm finally able to move into my new home. :-( So, I am feeling pretty confident that I will want to put a lot of distance between me and my parents by then. It's looking more likely. <laugh>

<cool>

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Yeah I might go for one day as its quite close, but lets get Christmas done first. :idea: :santa: :idea: :santa:

If you weren't so young, I'd offer to buy you a drink. As I recall a relatively cheap tournament, with hotels surrounding only being half the price of usual. Maybe I could do the entire week.

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

If you weren't so young, I'd offer to buy you a drink. As I recall a relatively cheap tournament, with hotels surrounding only being half the price of usual. Maybe I could do the entire week.

<laugh> thank you anyway

Postby jadechelsea

i was acking anyone if they are going to the welsh open becouse i would love to meet some of you

Postby SnookerFan

jadechelsea wrote:i was acking anyone if they are going to the welsh open becouse i would love to meet some of you

If I go, come and say hi. If it's at Newport, and that chip shop is still right by, we'll have chips.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:i was acking anyone if they are going to the welsh open becouse i would love to meet some of you

If I go, come and say hi. If it's at Newport, and that chip shop is still right by, we'll have chips.

Postby jadechelsea

SnookerFan wrote:

yh will do and my brothers will be there with me randam and george :)

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation of what chips look like. rofl

Postby jadechelsea

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<laugh> nice chips stalin

Postby jadechelsea

quote="SnookerFan"]
StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation of what chips look like. rofl[/quote]
<laugh> i have learnt what chips are