Post a reply

Kindness of Mark selby..

Postby randam05

I sent him a personal email weeks ago now saying it was my sisters birthday and she would appreciate an autograph or something..no reply.. but today we recieved a envelope in the post with a big photo of him inside with a signature and birthday message to jade.

Thought this was very kind, something you wouldnt see from most sportsman and definantley not in other sports. Wonderful, please her very much and me infact!

Just thought id tell you lol.

Re: Kindness of Mark selby..

Postby Casey

That's great, I am sure jade was delighted. <ok> For Mark to take the time out to do that is top class imo.

Selby
Robbo
Ding

These three are great ambassadors for the game and are doing a great job in a difficult situation.

Postby Bourne

Fair play to him, if only every sportsman was that kind and able to give time to fans. <ok>

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:I sent him a personal email weeks ago now saying it was my sisters birthday and she would appreciate an autograph or something..no reply.. but today we recieved a envelope in the post with a big photo of him inside with a signature and birthday message to jade.

Thought this was very kind, something you wouldnt see from most sportsman and definantley not in other sports. Wonderful, please her very much and me infact!

Just thought id tell you lol.

This reminds me of when I was a kid and a massive Jimmy White fan. I got a signed photo sent to me from the Matchroom office with a note saying thanks for being one of Jimmy's biggest fans. I was made up for ages.

I still have the photo and accompanying paperwork. :idea: :wave: :idea: :wave:

Postby Roland

Nice gesture - he must've remembered you from the photo now in your avatar.

When I was a kid I had the autographs of Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins (twice) which my old man got for me and I was made up for ages. They were in the autographs section of programmes but I think they were trashed when I sorted things out before I went to uni. Shame on me!

Postby jadechelsea

Sonny wrote:Nice gesture - he must've remembered you from the photo now in your avatar.

When I was a kid I had the autographs of Dennis Taylor and Alex Higgins (twice) which my old man got for me and I was made up for ages. They were in the autographs section of programmes but I think they were trashed when I sorted things out before I went to uni. Shame on me!

nice i would love to meet them

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:very happy for you... its was a nice gesture from rent a car crowd

<laugh> :idea: <laugh> :idea:

that was just you StalinESQ

Ultimate_snooker :)

Postby Witz78

jadechelsea wrote:
Sonny wrote:Nice gesture - he must've remembered you from the photo now in your avatar.

nice i would love to meet them

Er, that might be rather difficult..... :john:

Postby Wildey

jadechelsea wrote:i was like what is this :scared: i was very happy when i saw it i thought it was very kind of him :D

chuffed for you and a really nice gesture from the Jester.

it probably taken it time to come because it was the first free weekend he had for ages so he had more time on his hands last week.

Postby jadechelsea

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
jadechelsea wrote:i was like what is this :scared: i was very happy when i saw it i thought it was very kind of him :D

chuffed for you and a really nice gesture from the Jester.

it probably taken it time to come because it was the first free weekend he had for ages so he had more time on his hands last week.

:idea:

Postby SnookerFan

This is why I like going to live snooker, the majority of players are personable. I remember watching Matthew Stevens lose to John Higgins at The Crucible one year. After the match, Matthew was out laughing with the fans and signing autographs for ages afterwards. He went out in the first round, but still had time for his fans.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:This is why I like going to live snooker, the majority of players are personable. I remember watching Matthew Stevens lose to John Higgins at The Crucible one year. After the match, Matthew was out laughing with the fans and signing autographs for ages afterwards. He went out in the first round, but still had time for his fans.

persanally id like to see him punching fans rather than laugh with them after Losing :?

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This is why I like going to live snooker, the majority of players are personable. I remember watching Matthew Stevens lose to John Higgins at The Crucible one year. After the match, Matthew was out laughing with the fans and signing autographs for ages afterwards. He went out in the first round, but still had time for his fans.

persanally id like to see him punching fans rather than laugh with them after Losing :?

Dude, they can't all be Mark King.