Post a reply

Do players pay to take part in tournaments?

Postby Ander

It might be a stupid question, but I'm not used to the proceedings of the professional circuit. I've seen the entry packs for PTC events and they cost 100 pounds each, but does a player have to pay to take part in, for example, the UK Championship, Masters or World Championship? If so, is it compulsory for all of them or are there any exceptions (top-16, number 1...)?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Re: Do players pay to take part in tournaments?

Postby Casey

No, although there are other typical charges - Agent fees, insurance, travel costs. Some of which they can claim back off the state.

There is also a players union; SPA, however this not funded directly from player earnings.

Postby Sarah Mount

Players do in fact have to pay to enter all tournaments. From memory, when I was filling in the forms for some of the players I look after at the start of this season, you could choose which ones you entered. Of course, with Ranking points up for grabs, players tend to enter them all.

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:Players do in fact have to pay to enter all tournaments. From memory, when I was filling in the forms for some of the players I look after at the start of this season, you could choose which ones you entered. Of course, with Ranking points up for grabs, players tend to enter them all.

<cool>

Hey Sarah .........how pleased was Andrew Norman after he'd beat Mark Allen :)

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:
Sarah Mount wrote:Players do in fact have to pay to enter all tournaments. From memory, when I was filling in the forms for some of the players I look after at the start of this season, you could choose which ones you entered. Of course, with Ranking points up for grabs, players tend to enter them all.

<cool>

Hey Sarah .........how pleased was Andrew Norman after he'd beat Mark Allen :)

:stir: <laugh>

Postby markj147

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:I think players have to pay to play in the E/PTC

Dr Ultimate - the first post on this thread confirms that. :idea: :redneck: :idea: :redneck:

A Doctor must always double check :redneck:

Not the Doctors I know..... :hmm: