Post a reply

Re: Anyone know what Quinten Hann is up to these days?

Postby Dragonfly

I used to actually like Hann. He had a nice enough playing style and it was fun to watch him smash the balls all over the place.

Then there was the incident with Hicks and fighting King. All very controversial and bizarre but still amusing.

It all got very dark and sinister with the rape allegations. Even though he was acquitted his reputation was in tatters. Even being cleared of such despicable incidents you were left wondering just exactly how bad the bad boy actually gets.

Shame really, he had a certain amount of talent and for a time was always watchable

Postby CaldoTheKid

Dragonfly wrote:I used to actually like Hann. He had a nice enough playing style and it was fun to watch him smash the balls all over the place.

Then there was the incident with Hicks and fighting King. All very controversial and bizarre but still amusing.

It all got very dark and sinister with the rape allegations. Even though he was acquitted his reputation was in tatters. Even being cleared of such despicable incidents you were left wondering just exactly how bad the bad boy actually gets.

Shame really, he had a certain amount of talent and for a time was always watchable

I do wonder if the rape accusations made him think buck it all and made him agree to match fix and then whatever happened after that.

Postby Johnny Bravo

CaldoTheKid wrote:I know he was banned from the financial services in 2014. Curious if anyone knows what he does for a living now, would love to see him in Q-school just to see if he's still got it.

I've been wondering the same. :chin: :?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Scooper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:He changed his name to 'James Sonny Quinten Hunter'. rofl

https://www.snookercentral.com/snooker-quinten-hann

Disgraced snooker player Quinten Hann cheats millions out of clients and given financial services ban from court

Goddamn he gets more crooked every time I hear about him!

From what I've read, the cheated clients have only got a part of their money back, and not from his company.
So that means he found a way to keep the money he stole, which would make him richer than 99% of the players that ever played snooker. Only ROS, Ding and Davis probably have more money than him. :?

Postby CaldoTheKid

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Scooper wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:He changed his name to 'James Sonny Quinten Hunter'. rofl

https://www.snookercentral.com/snooker-quinten-hann

Disgraced snooker player Quinten Hann cheats millions out of clients and given financial services ban from court

Goddamn he gets more crooked every time I hear about him!

From what I've read, the cheated clients have only got a part of their money back, and not from his company.
So that means he found a way to keep the money he stole, which would make him richer than 99% of the players that ever played snooker. Only ROS, Ding and Davis probably have more money than him. :?

No wonder he hasn't came out of hiding, not only does he not need the money but at this point the cheated cilent's are probably willing to murder him at this point. In saving that I hope someone makes a movie on him one day.

Postby Johnny Bravo

CaldoTheKid wrote:Just reading about his trial and it seems he avoided jail time by either he or his lawyer claiming that he had no knowledge that it was unlawful and that there was no evidence he did it to make himself richer.

It seems he was a smart cookie, avoiding jail and ending up very rich at the same time.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
CaldoTheKid wrote:Just reading about his trial and it seems he avoided jail time by either he or his lawyer claiming that he had no knowledge that it was unlawful and that there was no evidence he did it to make himself richer.

It seems he was a smart cookie, avoiding jail and ending up very rich at the same time.

He's a bucking idiot.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

He's a bucking idiot.

Why is that ?!? :| :?
It feels to me he's anything but an idiot since he managed to commit a crime and get away with it.

Postby shanew48

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

He's a bucking idiot.

Why is that ?!? :| :?
It feels to me he's anything but an idiot since he managed to commit a crime and get away with it.

:goodpost:

Postby shanew48

Stephen Lee could be described as an idiot for getting caught but not Hann, he seems to have somehow come out of all of his (literal) trials and tribulations better off as obviously ripping off rich, greedy people will always pay better than spending years scraping around the tour in the 25-64 ranking spots.

Postby shanew48

HappyCamper wrote:what did he get away with it? he was barred from working in financial services.

The FCA (or the Australian equivalent) are hardly known for coming down particularly hard, I'm sure he will still be involved in something one way or another, unless he made so much he has enough to retire.

Postby Johnny Bravo

HappyCamper wrote:what did he get away with it? he was barred from working in financial services.

Yes, he might not be able to work in financial services anymore, but he got to retain half the money he stole, that's countless millions of dollars, over 10 if I'm not mistaken. That's more than Selbo + Robbo + Trump combined have earned in their careers.