Post a reply

Selby's thoughts on Ronnie's leaving the presentation

Postby Sickpotter

Interesting blog by Selby discussing his feelings about ROS's behavior

Here's a bit of it, go to Eurosport/snooker to read the whole thing.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/snooker/m ... ticle/381/

Looks like Selby has the same take on it that most of us have.

"A lot has been made of Ronnie's behaviour after the match. He did not stay in the arena to see me get my trophy.

I think he did it because it is such a big tournament and I imagine he was absolutely gutted to have lost a 9-6 lead in a final. I know I would have felt that way if it had happened to me.

However, I'd also like to think I would have shown a little bit more respect at the end. We are paid to play in these events, that's our job, and if Ronnie had won I would have stayed to applaud him.

Ronnie then said after the match that he doesn't think I can win the World Championship because I suffer from the same problems with consistency as him."

Re: Selby's thoughts on Ronnie's leaving the presentation

Postby Lucky

I'd imagine Selby was secretly delighted when Ronnie walked, thinking 'Yes, I've got to him' at the moment to get to the top of this game, you have got to go through Ronnie and Higgins, Selby now knows he has nothing to fear when facing Ronnie.......Higgins though, may be a tougher nut to crack in that way <ok>

Postby Roland

"Ronnie then said after the match that he doesn't think I can win the World Championship because I suffer from the same problems with consistency as him.

Well I'm not trying to sound funny, but I think I'll take what he said as compliment.

For me Ronnie is among the top two or three greatest players to have played the game, I have massive respect for him as a player, and if he is putting me in a similar position to him, then, as I said, I'll take it as a big compliment. "

Naturally Selby is spot with his observations. You could see by the look on his face as Ronnie walked off before he got his hands on the trophy that he was surprised to see him storm off like that.

Postby Smart

Its nice to have some bad-blood or a niggly rivalry in the sport.

They are due to meet at Sheffield in the QFs, sitting next to each other, no-where to hide, the possibility of a few choice verbals ........ licking my lips for that one, come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<ok> :D :ahh: <cool>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:Its nice to have some bad-blood or a niggly rivalry in the sport.

They are due to meet at Sheffield in the QFs, sitting next to each other, no-where to hide, the possibility of a few choice verbals ........ licking my lips for that one, come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<ok> :D :ahh: <cool>

knowing Hendry he might just spoil that party <laugh>

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:I wouldn't bet your string vest on it. <ok>

you know me im never wrong at the worlds......no wander seif lost it having bet against me last 2 WC only to have some egg on his face. <laugh>

Postby Roland

Selby is not Ding wild.

Williams had tip problems from 4-1 up otherwise he would've run out a comfortable winner. Yes it was his fault for not ensuring it was right before the 2nd session started.

Ding was put in his place twice but Selby is much stronger mentally.

Allen played rubbish.

That concludes all of the "groundhog day" episodes. Selby will beat Hendry and that's if Hendry gets past round 1 which could include Wenbo, Trump, Cope and other dangerous players.

Postby Wildey

Hendry will no way lose to selby in a million years at his home..

please understand when it comes to the worlds im right and lets face it youre rubbish <laugh>

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:Hendry will no way lose to selby in a million years at his home..

please understand when it comes to the worlds im right and lets face it youre rubbish <laugh>

For Selby, read Murphy

Rinse and repeat ;)

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:Hendry will no way lose to selby in a million years at his home..

For Selby, read Murphy

Rinse and repeat ;)

For Wembley Arena where hes never won ,Read The Crucible where nobody has done it better <ok>

Postby Wildey

you know whats snake hissing me off

110 sport stopped showing quals after such a big deal made about it i was looking forward for that final qualifying round of the WC.

Postby Casey

Selby on what Ronnie said in frame 18 -

" He said something like: "You can't really moan, you've had the run of the balls all night." I suppose it is true that there were times in the match when we both had the run of the balls, but I didn't think it was the right time for him to be making such a statement"

Yes mark to say something like that at that stage just highlights what a poor sportsman Ronnie is.

Its the sort of comment that would put off a lot of players so fair play to Mark for not rising to it. <ok>

Postby Roland

Na it's genuine. O'Sullivan has never given Selby any credit and Selby is the one player who is pushing him more than any other apart from Higgins right now. It's a genuine rivalry and was around before Hearn. But Hearn will obviously be loving it and will milk it as much as he can and fair play to him for that. We need more snooker stories in the papers.

Postby Sharky

Sonny wrote:Na it's genuine. O'Sullivan has never given Selby any credit and Selby is the one player who is pushing him more than any other apart from Higgins right now. It's a genuine rivalry and was around before Hearn. But Hearn will obviously be loving it and will milk it as much as he can and fair play to him for that. We need more snooker stories in the papers.

I am not saying there's no needle at all, Uncle Barry won't have asked for that article not to be published though. Be class if he's on the phone to Ronnie saying "Mark said this..." then onto Mark "Ronnie said this..." to wind it up more.

Postby Dr Magus

Sharky wrote:
Sonny wrote:Na it's genuine. O'Sullivan has never given Selby any credit and Selby is the one player who is pushing him more than any other apart from Higgins right now. It's a genuine rivalry and was around before Hearn. But Hearn will obviously be loving it and will milk it as much as he can and fair play to him for that. We need more snooker stories in the papers.

I am not saying there's no needle at all, Uncle Barry won't have asked for that article not to be published though. Be class if he's on the phone to Ronnie saying "Mark said this..." then onto Mark "Ronnie said this..." to wind it up more.

What snooker needs is someone to headbutt officials and snake hiss in flower pots. Ken Doherty's career is on the slide, maybe he can volunteer?