Topic locked

Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

According to the website, there are now nine days to go until tickets for The Crucible go on sale. Is anybody going, and how do you plan to do this? Are you going to buy tickets now when the matches aren't announced, or are you going to wait until late February and risk buying tickets?

Re: Roll Call

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:According to the website, there are now nine days to go until tickets for The Crucible go on sale. Is anybody going, and how do you plan to do this? Are you going to buy tickets now when the matches aren't announced, or are you going to wait until late February and risk buying tickets?

Yes I hope to go.

I plan to use the motorway as the most direct route and to use my motor vehicle for transportation.

I am waiting for my "contact" to telephone me with my ticket info.

I do not care a jot what matches are on, there is always good and bad - you takes your chances.

February is too late in my view.......... the good seats will be gonners.

:wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

Postby Casey

Stalin, what would you fuel this 'motor vehicle' with?

I will get my tickets next month, also expect some returns in February for some matches.

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:Stalin, what would you fuel this 'motor vehicle' with?

I will get my tickets next month, also expect some returns in February for some matches.

Casey - thanks for your enquiry. :wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

Unleaded petrol, failing that then I will hire a speedboat and sail from the Bristol channel and up the Irish Sea - and will dock in Liverpool or somewhere where the boat can be tied up. I will then hitch a lift with a dirty smelly HGV lorry driver. I will trick him by saying that I will pay him "when we get there", only to do a runner when we get close.

I am sure the mrs and kids will love this method of travel, if there is no petrol........ :santa: :idea: :santa: :idea:

Postby Casey

StalinESQ wrote:

Unleaded petrol, failing that then I will hire a speedboat and sail from the Bristol channel and up the Irish Sea - and will dock in Liverpool or somewhere where the boat can be tied up. I will then hitch a lift with a dirty smelly HGV lorry driver. I will trick him by saying that I will pay him "when we get there", only to do a runner when we get close.

I am sure the mrs and kids will love this method of travel, if there is no petrol........ :santa: :idea: :santa: :idea:

Interesting, The spped boat would be the best method of travel for sure, it would save on the petrol for one.
A few names you could give to the lorry driver as a cover -

Darren Day
Tony Blair
It the clown (from the Stephen king film)
Ronald Cox
Rupert Murdoch

Any of the above would do the trick. Another option would be too right a check (for a large amount) only to ring the bank and cancel it. The truck driver would proceed to the bank with a smile to cash it in, only to be struck with devastation when he has found out its invalid :mosh2:

Postby SnookerFan

Reckon there will be seats left at all in February? I just really don't want to risk seeing Ronnie. Anybody else, and I'd be happy with.

Postby Smart

case_master wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

Interesting, The spped boat would be the best method of travel for sure, it would save on the petrol for one.
A few names you could give to the lorry driver as a cover -

Darren Day
Tony Blair
It the clown (from the Stephen king film)
Ronald Cox
Rupert Murdoch

Any of the above would do the trick. Another option would be too right a check (for a large amount) only to ring the bank and cancel it. The truck driver would proceed to the bank with a smile to cash it in, only to be struck with devastation when he has found out its invalid :mosh2:

Casey <ok>

Roland Cox it is then. :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:According to the website, there are now nine days to go until tickets for The Crucible go on sale. Is anybody going, and how do you plan to do this? Are you going to buy tickets now when the matches aren't announced, or are you going to wait until late February and risk buying tickets?

Yes I hope to go.

I plan to use the motorway as the most direct route and to use my motor vehicle for transportation.

I am waiting for my "contact" to telephone me with my ticket info.

I do not care a jot what matches are on, there is always good and bad - you takes your chances.

February is too late in my view.......... the good seats will be gonners.
:wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

Arsenal fans?

Postby Madz

Tuesday 26th to Friday 29th April.. might still decide to extend my stay. :)

Postby SnookerFan

The final. A risky strategy, as I don't know who I will get, but we have the same problem with the first rounds this year. And I'll not be able to afford to go to the final next year, touch wood that my flat buying goes through. So, lets hope it's a better final then the last time I went, with players I prefer to see.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:The final. A risky strategy, as I don't know who I will get, but we have the same problem with the first rounds this year. And I'll not be able to afford to go to the final next year, touch wood that my flat buying goes through. So, lets hope it's a better final then the last time I went, with players I prefer to see.

best of luck, its a complete lottery and in all liklihood you will be dissapointed with the outcome :) :idea: :) :idea:

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The final. A risky strategy, as I don't know who I will get, but we have the same problem with the first rounds this year. And I'll not be able to afford to go to the final next year, touch wood that my flat buying goes through. So, lets hope it's a better final then the last time I went, with players I prefer to see.

best of luck, its a complete lottery and in all liklihood you will be dissapointed with the outcome :) :idea: :) :idea:

I was disappointed with the outcome last time because that petulant child Ronnie O'Sullivan was in the final. He's the only one I wouldn't want to see, I'd prefer the final we had this year to seeing him. If it wasn't Ronnie, I'd suggest any combination of the other 95 players on the tour to make me happy was good odds. Unfortunately, it is Ronnie. And he will be in it....

I've spent £200 to go and see a final, and I am going to be moaning about it every day until 2nd May. <ok>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:

I was disappointed with the outcome last time because that petulant child Ronnie O'Sullivan was in the final. He's the only one I wouldn't want to see, I'd prefer the final we had this year to seeing him. If it wasn't Ronnie, I'd suggest any combination of the other 95 players on the tour to make me happy was good odds. Unfortunately, it is Ronnie. And he will be in it....

I've spent £200 to go and see a final, and I am going to be moaning about it every day until 2nd May. <ok>

what kinda snooker fan are you??? <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
what kinda snooker fan are you??? <doh>

Take it as a backhanded compliment. I expect snooker to be so perfect, that even the slightest time when it isn't is worthy of moaning. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Sod it, just booked up for the 1st weekend too there, be daft not to get down to Sheffield as many days as possible since its the annual feast of snooker.

bring it on woooooo

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Sod it, just booked up for the 1st weekend too there, be daft not to get down to Sheffield as many days as possible since its the annual feast of snooker.

bring it on woooooo

I usually go first weekend. You'll miss seeing me this year, you poor unfortunate man.

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Sod it, just booked up for the 1st weekend too there, be daft not to get down to Sheffield as many days as possible since its the annual feast of snooker.

bring it on woooooo

cool, will catch up for a drink if I see you <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:

bring it on woooooo

Image :limp:

How long are you there for this year?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

bring it on woooooo

I usually go first weekend. You'll miss seeing me this year, you poor unfortunate man.

phew <cool>

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:

bring it on woooooo

Image :limp:

How long are you there for this year?

Arrive Sunday morning, leave Wednesday morning. <ok>

Postby Witz78

Me too. Mad that its almost a year gone already. Doesnt seem like anytime at all since last years incident packed visit haha.

Im down on my todd the first weekend then the real trip back down on the Thursday to Sunday of the middle weekend with the mad crew.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Me too. Mad that its almost a year gone already. Doesnt seem like anytime at all since last years incident packed visit haha.

Im down on my todd the first weekend then the real trip back down on the Thursday to Sunday of the middle weekend with the mad crew.

It was a blur last year. I saw John Higgins vs Barry Hawkins, Marco Fu vs Martin Gould, Joe Perry vs Michael Holt and Ali Carter vs Jamie Cope last year, between Saturday and Monday. Eight sessions, over three days. In the hotel bar on Monday evening, I couldn't even remember who'd played who in which match. <laugh> And I still made them put the snooker on the television in the bar.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Me too. Mad that its almost a year gone already. Doesnt seem like anytime at all since last years incident packed visit haha.

It was a blur last year. I saw John Higgins vs Barry Hawkins, Marco Fu vs Martin Gould, Joe Perry vs Michael Holt and Ali Carter vs Jamie Cope last year, between Saturday and Monday. Eight sessions, over three days. In the hotel bar on Monday evening, I couldn't even remember who'd played who in which match. <laugh> And I still made them put the snooker on the television in the bar.

your more dedicated than me. If i watch more than 20% of the frames ive got tickets for im doing well. rofl

surely you should be living it up after the snooker though and painting the town red. I treat Sheffield like Magaluf, drink from the minute i get up and roll back into the hotel at 6am usually <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:your more dedicated than me. If i watch more than 20% of the frames ive got tickets for im doing well. rofl

surely you should be living it up after the snooker though and painting the town red. I treat Sheffield like Magaluf, drink from the minute i get up and roll back into the hotel at 6am usually <ok>

bucking part-timer. <laugh>

One year, I started at 10am and finished at 9:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday, and there wasn't more then a 15 or 20 minute break between sessions. (I saw the Ebdon match.) So two twelve hour shifts in a row.

I tend to hit the hotel bar a bit though. I have a tradition of going to the hotel after the last live session, getting drunk and talking to whoever turns up about snooker. Though, I do tend to think what's the point of going to live snooker, if you aren't going to watch it? :D

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:your more dedicated than me. If i watch more than 20% of the frames ive got tickets for im doing well. rofl

bucking part-timer. <laugh>

One year, I started at 10am and finished at 9:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday, and there wasn't more then a 15 or 20 minute break between sessions. (I saw the Ebdon match.) So two twelve hour shifts in a row.

I tend to hit the hotel bar a bit though. I have a tradition of going to the hotel after the last live session, getting drunk and talking to whoever turns up about snooker. Though, I do tend to think what's the point of going to live snooker, if you aren't going to watch it? :D

I prefer to hang around the bar / bookies area in the Crucible nipping in for say 1 frame per mini session and obviously if it gets near a dramatic climax then ill head in to watch it live. <ok>

If the weathers nice then ill be outside watching the action on the big screen more often than not, having a perv at all the talent and doing some celeb spotting (MJA running to the Cuezone every 5 mins doesnt count) rofl

sitting in the arena is just part of the Sheffield experience for me

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

You might as well just go to Skegness, you flid. :roll:

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I think witz views it as a holiday break - with snooker being the backdrop to it all. You got yer booze, betting, and loadsa birds around cos its start of summer. The square and sheffield centre is very nice area for it all. One bad thing this year is the swimming pool at Novotel is being refurbed so out of action. :grrr:

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I think witz views it as a holiday break - with snooker being the backdrop to it all. You got yer booze, betting, and loadsa birds around cos its start of summer. The square and sheffield centre is very nice area for it all.

your spot on there mate <ok>