Topic locked

12BET.com To Sponsor Snooker’s UK Championship

Postby Wildey

http://www.worldsnooker.com/PTC9_news(1 ... ampionship)-2788.htm?tid=191

World Snooker is delighted to announce that 12BET.com has signed up as the new title sponsor of snooker's UK Championship, following the outstanding success of their sponsorship of the recent World Open.

Snooker's second biggest ranking tournament and one of the most keenly anticipated events on the sporting calendar, the 12BET.com UK Championship runs from December 4 to 12 at the International Centre in Telford.

Leading online betting firm 12BET.com enjoyed a first taste of snooker at September's 12BET.com World Open in Glasgow, a thrilling event which saw Neil Robertson beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the final. They have now added this year's UK Championship to their sponsorship portfolio.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "The fact that 12BET.com has invested in the next major event shows that they were delighted with the exposure they gained for their brand at the World Open. It is a testament to what snooker can deliver in terms of exceptional reach of the television and media coverage.

"The UK Championship will be broadcast to hundreds of millions of fans on BBC, Eurosport, CCTV in China and across the globe, so it's obvious why our product is attractive to sponsors. We're thrilled to welcome 12BET.com on board for the UK and we look forward to continuing to build a close relationship with their team."

Rory Anderson, Chief Executive for Europe at 12BET.com, added: "We are looking forward to the event and the global exposure it will generate for the 12BET.com brand."

The UK Championship is one of snooker's most historic and celebrated events, a regular fixture on the calendar since 1977 with most of the sport's greatest names inscribed on the trophy.

Competing for the £625,000 prize fund this year will be the likes of Rocket Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, 12BET.com World Open champion Neil Robertson and defending champion Ding Junhui.

Tickets for the event are on sale now - for details call 01952 561700 or visit www.worldsnooker.com/tickets

Re: 12BET.com To Sponsor Snooker’s UK Championship

Postby Wildey

yes good news it has a sponsor but is the masters going to be 12bet.com Masters ?

we need different sponsors however maybe 12bet might look at the UK as a longer term thing.

Postby GJ

Honestly does it matter if its the same sponsor for a few events :huh2:

its better than no sponsor <doh>

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Honestly does it matter if its the same sponsor for a few events :huh2:

its better than no sponsor <doh>

no it dont matter but id prefer others to come forward wouldn't you ?

Postby SnookerFan

I actually thought that Pukka Pies were a good sponsor. They really had a presence at the venue. They sent the Pukka Pies band down to play as people were queueing up to get in, and they awarded the winner some Pukka Pies, which ended up going to charity. Okay, a bit cheesy. But they came in, sponsored the event when it was needed, and made themselves known. What more could you ask for?

But, I had a feeling they wouldn't sponsor it this year. 12bet are as good a sponsor as any. Though I'm not sure they had outstanding success at the World Open. I mean, I know all a sponsor is supposed to do is put money into the event, so technically it can't be a failure... But like I said, I feel Pukka Pies really made something of their sponsorship, will 12bet? I guess I'll find out when I'm there next time.

On the plus side, at least Barry Hearn is bringing in new sponsors, even if they are all within the same industry. He obviously has a lot of previous contacts with the gambling industry. (I wonder what that says about him.) <laugh>

Postby Wildey

snookerfan

snooker used to have the same industry sponsoring tournaments before

Embassy
Benson and Hedges Masters
Benson and Hedges Irish
Rothmans
Regal welsh
Regal Scottish
Regal Masters

Postby SnookerFan

wildLOVESWAGNER wrote:snookerfan

snooker used to have the same industry sponsoring tournaments before

Embassy
Benson and Hedges Masters
Benson and Hedges Irish
Rothmans
Regal welsh
Regal Scottish
Regal Masters

Yes, and the sport nearly went into the rubbish when the government decided they weren't allowed to sponsor sporting events anymore. :roll:

Besides, it wasn't a criticism or a complaint, it was merely an observation. Any sponsors are better then none.

Postby Witz78

Well lets hope 12BET have more of a presence at the UK than they did at the World Open cos they didnt have a stall or ANY presence at all. The lack of a bookies stand always detracts from the tournament experience for me, but the fact they were sponsoring the event made it all the more bizarre really.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:Well lets hope 12BET have more of a presence at the UK than they did at the World Open cos they didnt have a stall or ANY presence at all. The lack of a bookies stand always detracts from the tournament experience for me, but the fact they were sponsoring the event made it all the more bizarre really.

witz :love: bookies

Postby GJ

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
Ultimate_snooker wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:R-ron :wave:

whose R-ron :huh:

who's UltimateSnukar :chin:

a new and improved member of this forum. with new outlook and demeaner

<laugh> rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Well lets hope 12BET have more of a presence at the UK than they did at the World Open cos they didnt have a stall or ANY presence at all. The lack of a bookies stand always detracts from the tournament experience for me, but the fact they were sponsoring the event made it all the more bizarre really.

I don't give a fvck about the lack of bookies personally, because I don't bet. But I agree with you. A sponsor of an event, I feel, is more successful if you attend the event and know that they are there. Say what you like about Pukka Pies, but they really embraced the sponsorship of the event.

This'll be the third year in a row I've been to the UK Championship, and the third seperate sponsor.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:

I don't give a fvck about the lack of bookies personally, because I don't bet. But I agree with you. A sponsor of an event, I feel, is more successful if you attend the event and know that they are there. Say what you like about Pukka Pies, but they really embraced the sponsorship of the event.

This'll be the third year in a row I've been to the UK Championship, and the third seperate sponsor.

it does not matter if it is sponsored by Pukka Pies or 12bet.com - they all pay in pounds sterling for the exposure they are given = FACTOSMARTO <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:it does not matter if it is sponsored by Pukka Pies or 12bet.com - they all pay in pounds sterling for the exposure they are given = FACTOSMARTO <ok>

<laugh> Makes you wonder why we even started a thread about it in the first plce.

Assuming they are all putting similar amounts of money into the tournament, then no it doesn't matter. The Beano could sponsor the event, for all it matters to the fans. My only point is, it's nice for the sponsors to take an interest in enhancing the events for the people attending. Not vital, I don't think Maplin did, but it gives me a nice fuzzy feeling inside, when they do.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:it does not matter if it is sponsored by Pukka Pies or 12bet.com - they all pay in pounds sterling for the exposure they are given = FACTOSMARTO <ok>

<laugh> Makes you wonder why we even started a thread about it in the first plce.

Assuming they are all putting similar amounts of money into the tournament, then no it doesn't matter. The Beano could sponsor the event, for all it matters to the fans. My only point is, it's nice for the sponsors to take an interest in enhancing the events for the people attending. Not vital, I don't think Maplin did, but it gives me a nice fuzzy feeling inside, when they do.

that what i never understood the decition to ban tabaco sponsorship.

they put their money back in to something now its pure profit for them......no less smokers last week i saw a girl she cant be more than 10 puffing away a good 5 years after sponsorship finished so it was not effective was it.

Postby NedB-H

Is a new bookies stand a good idea at Higgins' first proper tourney back? :emu:

Postby NedB-H

gallantrabbit wrote:We ned different sponsors...

No we don`t but we could certainly do with repeat sponsors and this is one.
Another step in the right direction by Hearn. Got to love the guy.

I would rather have repeat sponsors in the sense that they come back to "their" tournament year after year, than repeat sponsors in the sense that they sponsor half the tournaments in the schedule. Any sponsors are better than none though :)

Postby SnookerFan

eirebilly wrote:I am with Sonny on this, i thought Pukka Pies were an excellent sponsor and would love to see them back.

Me too. And not because I am a fat bastard, though I am. I thought they were an excellent sponsor. I only tried one whilst up there though, a Meat and Potato Pukka Pie. It was alright though.