Post a reply

Re: Never Ending General Knowledge

Postby HappyCamper

Not Ferencváros. The Hungarian outfit won the Intercity Fairs cup - a precursor to the UEFA Cup - in 1965.

Postby SnookerEd25

I don’t think there can be a Hungarian club who have been to 8 European finals so he must have been coaching in another country, possibly Germany

I’ll try FC Schalke 04

Postby HappyCamper

not;
schlake 04 - the german side won their sole uefa cup n 1997
atletico - the spanish are three times europa league winners, most recently in 2018
marseilles - the french team won the european cup in 1993.

Postby chengdufan

HappyCamper wrote:Named after the legendary Hungarian coach who supposedly inflicted it upon his former employers having been denied a pay increase despite leading the team to two European Cups; the curse of Bela Guttman states that which soccer club will not win another European Title for a hundred years? Since instigation the club's record in such finals is played eight, lost eight.

Rapid Vienna

Postby HappyCamper

Juddernaut88 wrote:Benfica?

we have a winner, unlike the portuguese club, who have failed to win a continental title since their back to back european cups in 61 and 62.

Postby Juddernaut88

Sticking to football, How many different clubs did Andrew Cole play for? This is also including loan spells.

Postby chengdufan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Sticking to football, How many different clubs did Andrew Cole play for? This is also including loan spells.

Arsenal, Bristol City, Newcastle, Man Utd, Blackburn, Fulham, Man City.

There may have been more after that, not sure. Anyway, I'll try 7. He was pretty much done after Newcastle and Man U, yeah?

Postby SnookerEd25

Also Portsmouth and Sunderland after Man. City, but I think there may have been a couple of loan spells after that

Postby HappyCamper

science! fourteen is the atomic number of which metalloid element, it is the second most abundant by mass in the earth's crust?

Postby HappyCamper

not iron. a transition metal with atomic number 26, and the fourth most common element in the earth's crust.

Postby HappyCamper

LDS wrote:Tin

not tin. atomic number 50, a metal in the carbon group. it is not very abundant in the earths crust, down at circa fiftieth.

Postby HappyCamper

LDS wrote:Aluminium

[let's see if I can get the 1,3,4]

not aluminium, or aluminum to our american friends, is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust. it is a metal of the boron group and it's atomic number is 13.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:Silicon? Is that a metallic element?

correct answer. also in group 14 or the carbon group.

as to whether it is metallic - it depends what you mean by metallic. silicon is not a true metal but a metalloid, as it does not display all the properties of metals for instance not conducting electricity. pure silicon is used in superconductors.

Postby chengdufan

Iranu wrote:What’s the largest city in the Silicon Valley region of California?

Sacramento?