Post a reply

Is Ronnie washed up, or just trolling?

Ronnie is trying his hardest to win finals (e.g. by practicing a lot, taking the matches seriously, etc.), but has lost all of these finals anyway despite being 100% committed to winning
44%
Ronnie is just trolling all of us, by not practicing that much, not trying his hardest to win, etc. because he is saving all of his energy/effort/competitiveness for making a run at a 7th world title but is still good enough to make it to finals even when he's not trying his hardest
56%

Total votes : 9

Is Ronnie washed up, or just trolling all of us...?

Postby D4P

If there's one thing we've learned about Ronnie this season, it's that he is still a tournament finalist. He showed that in Milton Keynes and Newport.

But he hasn't shown, however, that he can still win tournament finals. Maybe he's washed up and is no longer good enough to win, or maybe he's just biding his time until the World Championships. What do you think?

Re: Is Ronnie washed up, or just trolling all of us...?

Postby Iranu

Silly thread to be honest. The answer’s neither. He didn’t practise the first half of the season but still fought his way to two finals. Since the new year he’s reached three finals despite largely not being at his best.

He’s not washed up (he’s world champion FFS) and he’s not trolling us - Ronnie isn’t as petty as his so-called fans are.

Postby Holden Chinaski

LDS wrote:Why is there always a thread about Ronnie after Ronnie loses a match but this doesn't happen for other players?

I'd have thought Trump going out in the first round to Hawkins was the biggest talking point of the tourney.

:shrug:

Indeed.

Postby gallantrabbit

Sure he trolls us a lot of the time. He's not an honest player and sometimes even lets players get ahead. Not the case yesterday as Robbo was superb but he's done that many a time throughout his career. When you see some of the 'ridiculous' dishes he makes against Hawkins and from 3-4 yesterday and compare to other matches you know. Of course he can't be razor sharp all the time, but a prime example is when he lost to Cahill at the World's. Tell me he wanted to win that. My argument against him is two fold. If you don't want to play pull out. If you play, then try 100% because pros have to be honest and there are too many betting companies involved to play around.

Postby Ronnie79

LDS wrote:Why is there always a thread about Ronnie after Ronnie loses a match but this doesn't happen for other players?

I'd have thought Trump going out in the first round to Hawkins was the biggest talking point of the tourney.

The simple reason is because Ronnie has lost five fu*King finals in a row the first player ever to do so, so yeah I would say it is a topic for discussion. Trump is winning everything does one loss matter ?.

Postby HappyCamper

Obviously O'Sullivan is trying to win. He just hit a run where he hasn't. He didn't play well I'm a couple if this, he opponent played fantastically in a couple. rubbish happens.

He did win a world championship final just eight months ago. So to say he can't win finals anymore is a bit silly.

Postby Andre147

HappyCamper wrote:Obviously O'Sullivan is trying to win. He just hit a run where he hasn't. He didn't play well I'm a couple if this, he opponent played fantastically in a couple. rubbish happens.

He did win a world championship final just eight months ago. So to say he can't win finals anymore is a bit silly.

Touché :spot on:

Postby Reg Varney

Ronnie79 wrote:

The simple reason is because Ronnie has lost five fu*King finals in a row the first player ever to do so, so yeah I would say it is a topic for discussion. Trump is winning everything does one loss matter ?.

Lisowski has lost six finals in a row, so Ronnie isn't the first to lose five in a row.

Postby SnookerFan

Reg Varney wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

Lisowski has lost six finals in a row, so Ronnie isn't the first to lose five in a row.

DECLINE!

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:

DECLINE!

:goodpost:

Postby Rockettim147

SnookerFan wrote:
1892 wrote:Ronnie has put on his Facebook that he is doing a live announcement next Tuesday.

Retirement after the Worlds or a new book?

I dare say it'll be something riveting and worth hearing....

Let’s hope so. I’m not on Facebook so will come on here to see what it is. Hopefully not retirement

Postby Dragonfly

As a fan of O'Sullivan all those finals lost are a source of concern. I put the ridiculous loss to Brown down to one of those freak events that happens once in decades.

The other losses I find more bothering as he faced all 4 of his major opposition and didn't really bother any of them. He doesn't seem to be starting finals well and grabbing the match early on like he used to. His long potting also isn't great and I feel this makes him vulnerable.

He is an enigma though. He is world champion and could turn up at Sheffield and run through the opposition like a knife through butter. At the moment that looks unlikely but after years of watching O'Sullivan I have learned not to be surprised by anything.

Postby Andre147

Dragonfly wrote:As a fan of O'Sullivan all those finals lost are a source of concern. I put the ridiculous loss to Brown down to one of those freak events that happens once in decades.

The other losses I find more bothering as he faced all 4 of his major opposition and didn't really bother any of them. He doesn't seem to be starting finals well and grabbing the match early on like he used to. His long potting also isn't great and I feel this makes him vulnerable.

He is an enigma though. He is world champion and could turn up at Sheffield and run through the opposition like a knife through butter. At the moment that looks unlikely but after years of watching O'Sullivan I have learned not to be surprised by anything.

Yes pretty much this, although he really should have won the Brown Final, no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't have, no matter how well Brown played.

Hopefully he wins his 7th world title and all this will be forgotten.