Post a reply

Snooker presenters

Postby Johnny Bravo

I've been thinking about this for a long time.
Is presenting snooker all that guys like Rob Walker do for a living ?!
If so, how do they make end's meat ? How much does a snooker presenter/MC make ? :chin:

If they are presenting snooker matches during a week, they pretty much don't have time for a regular extra job. :?

Andre, you are a ref. Do you have any info on this ?

Re: Snooker presenters

Postby Andre147

No I haven't got a clue, but they present other sports, not just Snooker.

Postby Reg Varney

Rob also does commentary for other sports, notable athletics.

Postby HappyCamper

They're pretty much all freelancers, so just go where the work is. After dinner and corporate speaking tend to be pretty lucrative I believe.

Walker does a bunch of other sports, TV, hosting, and speaking events. I think he also does some teaching of broadcasting at universities.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:No I haven't got a clue, but they present other sports, not just Snooker.

Andre, I know reffing doesn't pay that much either. How do refs do when they have to ref a match during a week, from monday to friday ? Can you still work a regular job as well ?

Postby Prop

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:No I haven't got a clue, but they present other sports, not just Snooker.

Andre, I know reffing doesn't pay that much either. How do refs do when they have to ref a match during a week, from monday to friday ? Can you still work a regular job as well ?

Of course. Olivier Marteel is a nurse/medic in Belgium. And Paul Collier runs a successful otter breeding business in Neath.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Of course. Olivier Marteel is a nurse/medic in Belgium. And Paul Collier runs a successful otter breeding business in Neath.

Yes, either you take days from your own holidays to work at world snooker events, or sometimes I can work extra days from my days off, and then I can easily travel for WST events.

Regarding how much we earn, I can't disclose that information, but the only thing I can say is it's impossible for 95% of the refs to make a living from it.

Postby SnookerFan

Rob Walker does other sports. He has done boxing in the past, I think. Does

He does The Olympics. Used to do voiceover work on Question Of Sport.

Postby vodkadiet1

Johnny Bravo wrote:I've been thinking about this for a long time.
Is presenting snooker all that guys like Rob Walker do for a living ?!
If so, how do they make end's meat ? How much does a snooker presenter/MC make ? :chin:

If they are presenting snooker matches during a week, they pretty much don't have time for a regular extra job. :?

Andre, you are a ref. Do you have any info on this ?

If I were you I would spend more time thinking about spelling and punctuation.

Postby shanew48

I think the question was more what do the presenters get as opposed to the MC's? like someone said they freelance, how much would Jill have got for her few days work this week? £3000-£5000? plus presumably got to stay in a nice hotel and meals paid for? is my estimate way out? a little more or a little less maybe? I've no idea what a gig like this weeks would pay her, maybe someone on here would have a better idea?

Postby SnookerFan

shanew48 wrote:I think the question was more what do the presenters get as opposed to the MC's? like someone said they freelance, how much would Jill have got for her few days work this week? £3000-£5000? plus presumably got to stay in a nice hotel and meals paid for? is my estimate way out? a little more or a little less maybe? I've no idea what a gig like this weeks would pay her, maybe someone on here would have a better idea?

No point me guessing. I have no idea.