Topic locked

Ladies East Anglian Championship

Postby Monique

sent by Tim Dunkley

World Ladies Billiards & Snooker Association press release

WOMEN snooker stars Maria Catalano and Emma Bonney have been installed as favourites to land the East Anglian Championship on Saturday.

Cambridge Snooker Centre hosts the second leg on the World Ladies Billiards & Snooker Association circuit.

The draw takes place at 9.45am with play commencing at 10am. The format is a best-of-five straight knockout.

World number one Reanne Evans, now a professional, will be competing in World Snooker’s Players Tour Championship in Gloucester.

Catalano, 28, from Dudley, West Midlands, and Portsmouth’s Bonney, 34, are both bidding for a first WLBSA snooker title since 2008.

A dark horse for the East Anglian Championship could be World Seniors champion June Banks, who will be making her first appearance outside of the World Championships for more than a year. Kent-based Banks was ranked number five at the end of the 2008/09 season but has now slipped to 21st.

Also among the 16-strong field are: Tina Owen Sevilton, who reached the semi-finals of last month’s UK Championship; World Junior Champion Hannah Jones, 14, who shocked many by making the last-four of the non-ranking Wytech Masters; and Eva Palmius, who has climbed to number six in the rankings.

The WLBSA is hosting six ranking events this season culminating in the World Championships in April.

East Anglian Championship

Saturday, October 30

Cambridge Snooker Centre

Coldhams Road

Cambridge

CB1 3EW

Tel: 01223 249661

East Anglian entries:

Maria Catalano
Emma Bonney
Chris Sharpe
Hannah Jones
Eva Palmius
Jan Hughes
Natascha Niermann
Naomi Clare
Gaye Jones
Marianne Williams
Vicky Carter
Jenny Poulter
Laura Alves
Tina Owen-Sevilton
June Banks
Martina Lumsden

Next snooker ranking event:

British Open sponsored by Pot Black Sports Bar

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pot Black Sports Bar

Eastgate Street

Bury St Edmunds

Suffolk

IP33 1YQ

Tel: 01284 704231

Tim Dunkley (WLBSA press office)

88 Lionheart Way

Bursledon Green

Southampton

SO31 8HN

Tel home: 02380 562647

Tel work: 01329 853513

Mobile: 07986 376114

E-Mail: timdunkleysnookerdad@hotmail.com

this is an "excerpt" of the original press release; it also contained a table of the current ranking standings as well as 2 pictures. I decide to remove those parts as they didn't show properly on this board and were not essential.

Re: Ladies East Anglian Championship

Postby Monique

First results in...
Hannah Jones beat Jenny Poulter 3-0
Maria Catalano beat Jan Hughes 3-0
Emma Bonney (63) beat June Banks (59) 3-1
Eva Palmius beat Laura Alves 3-0
Vicky Carter beat Naomi Clare 3-0
Natascha Niermann beat Tina Owen-Sevilton 3-2
Gaye Jones beat Martina Lumsden 3-1

Postby markj147

Sorry about the results have been updating to Twitter which updates the wlbsa site. Am in car on way home at moment. Reanne and Maria in final. Hannah won junior event. Results to semi finals on Twitter.com/wlbsa . Highest break is Maria catalano with 82.

Postby Monique

Quarters (main event)

Emma Bonney beat Hannah Jones 3-0
Reanne Evans beat Vicky Carter 3-0
Maria Catalano (46) beat Gaye Jones 3-0
Natascha Niermann beat Eva Palmius 3-1

Junior Final

Hannah Jones (33) beat Naomi Clare 2-0

Semis main event

Maria catalano (82) beat Emma bonney 3-1
Reanne Evans (51,48,49) beat Natascha Niermann 3-1

Reanne Evans (42,47) beats Maria catalano 3-0 to win east anglian ladies title

Postby Roland

markj147 wrote:Sorry about the results have been updating to Twitter which updates the wlbsa site. Am in car on way home at moment. Reanne and Maria in final. Hannah won junior event. Results to semi finals on Twitter.com/wlbsa . Highest break is Maria catalano with 82.

Hope you weren't drive texting! I used to do a bit of that when I was younger and more stupid but these silly touch screen phones make that impossible now :redneck:

Congrats to Hannah on winning the junior event.

Postby Monique

Tim Dunkley's press release with complete results

Evans smashes Fisher’s record

REANNE Evans has smashed Kelly Fisher’s record of 69 consecutive matches won on the women’s snooker circuit.

Two days after her 25th birthday, the six-time world champion extended her remarkable winning streak to 72 with victory in the East Anglian Championship at Cambridge Snooker Centre.

Her last defeat was on March 1, 2008, when Maria Catalano clawed back a two-frame deficit to win 3-2 in the Connie Gough National final in Luton.

Evans, from Dudley, West Midlands, passed Fisher’s total with a 3-0 quarter-final win against Surrey’s Marianne Williams.

The world number one recalled playing the all-conquering Fisher many years ago and thinking “that’s what I want to do”.

“I’ve got there!” she said. “It’s nice to have the record.”

The East Anglian Championship, the second leg on the World Ladies Billiards & Snooker Association circuit, was Evans’ 25th ranking title.

“It was a bit scrappy at the beginning,” said Evans after a 3-0 win over Catalano, 28. “But then a couple of 40s got me going.

“She had a chance to go 2-1 but she missed it and I cleared up.

“I’m playing OK - not great, but solid. I’m not giving so many chances away.”

It was the eighth time since the start of last season the pair have met in a WLBSA final.

Evans said: “I think it’s more psychological now because she CAN play. You always get a bogey player.”

It was Catalano who ended Fisher’s record run in 2003.

Jan Hughes, from St Neots, Cambs, defeated Tina Owen-Sevilton 2-0 in the Plate final. World number five Eva Palmius, from Isleham, Cambs, accounted for Williams in the Seniors final. And 14-year-old Derby schoolgirl Hannah Jones, who has been called up for the England women's team for the IBSF World Championships in Syria in December, claimed the Junior title.

The previous day, Evans, now a professional snooker player, lost 4-0 to Allister Carter in the second round of the fourth leg of the European Players Tour Championship in Gloucester.

The WLBSA is hosting six ranking events this season culminating in the World Championships in April.

RESULTS (BREAKS)

LAST-32: Vicky Carter beat Naomi Clare 3-0.

LAST-16: Reanne Evans (40) beat Carter 3-0, Marianne Williams beat Chris Sharpe 3-2, Natascha Niermann beat Tina Owen-Sevilton 3-2, Eva Palmius beat Laura Alves 3-0, Emma Bonney beat June Banks 3-1, Hannah Jones beat Jenny Poulter 3-0, Gaye Jones beat Martina Lumsden 3-1, Maria Catalano beat Jan

Hughes 3-0.

QUARTER-FINALS: Evans (54, 56) beat Williams 3-0, Niermann beat Palmius 3-1, Bonney beat H Jones 3-0, Maria Catalano (46, 37) beat G Jones 3-0.

SEMI-FINALS (£40): Evans (51, 48, 49) beat Niermann 3-1, Catalano (82) beat Bonny 3-1.

FINAL (£200/£100): Evans (42, 47) beat Catalano 3-0.

PLATE

QUARTER-FINALS: Jan Hughes beat Jenny Poulter 2-0, Naomi Clare beat Laura Alves 2-1, Tina Owen-Sevilton beat Martina Lumsden 2-0, Chris Sharpe beat Vicky Carter 2-0.

SEMI-FINALS: Hughes beat Clare 2-0, Owen-Sevilton beat Sharpe 2-0.

FINAL: Hughes beat Owen-Sevilton 2-0.

SENIORS (HANDICAPS)

QUARTER-FINALS: Eva Palmius (+7) beat Gaye Jones (+14) 1-0, Jenny Poulter (+14) beat Chris Sharpe (+14) 1-0.

SEMI-FINALS: Palmius beat Martina Lumsden (+21) 1-0, Marianne Williams (+14) beat Poulter 1-0.

FINAL: Palmius beat Williams 2-0.

JUNIORS (BREAKS)

FINAL: Hannah Jones (33) beat Naomi Clare 2-0.

Next snooker ranking event:

British Open (sponsored by Pot Black Sports Bar)

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pot Black Sports Bar

Eastgate Street

Bury St Edmunds

Suffolk

IP33 1YQ

Tel: 01284 704231

More details and action shots of most of the ladies available from:

Tim Dunkley (WLBSA press office)

88 Lionheart Way

Bursledon Green

Southampton

SO31 8HN

Tel home: 02380 562647

Tel work: 01329 853513

Mobile: 07986 376114

E-Mail: timdunkleysnookerdad@hotmail.com

Note that I have removed the ranking table and entries table from the original PR because they didn't show properly.

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:
markj147 wrote:Sorry about the results have been updating to Twitter which updates the wlbsa site. Am in car on way home at moment. Reanne and Maria in final. Hannah won junior event. Results to semi finals on Twitter.com/wlbsa . Highest break is Maria catalano with 82.

Hope you weren't drive texting! I used to do a bit of that when I was younger and more stupid but these silly touch screen phones make that impossible now :redneck:

Congrats to Hannah on winning the junior event.

Nope I was being chauffeur driven home by the missus. :)

Meant I could get a couple of beers down me neck while watching the snooker. Always a bonus.

Thanks for the congrats. I have passed them on to Hannah who said Thanks.