Post a reply

Jimmy White

Postby SnookerFan

Keep an eye on Jimmy White next season. Definitely one to watch.

Re: Jimmy White

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:Keep an eye on Jimmy White next season. Definitely one to watch.

Yes, he looks very likely to regain his Tour Card via the 1-year list.

He's managed to finish in the ideal position, just outside the top-80, which means he gets an easy match against an amateur to win £5000. Two of his rivals, Chen and Xu, are just inside the top-80 seeds, which means they will have to win to stay on tour, against White and Mann in round 2. They will be under huge pressure.

Likely that Jimmy's rival, Stephen Hendry, will have an inter-generational matchup with either Zhao Jianbo or Brandon Sargeant.

Postby Juddernaut88

Will Jimmy win the 2022 world snooker championship?

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Will Jimmy win the 2022 world snooker championship?

Yes.

Just like Ding won it last year. <ok>

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

This year is 40 years since Jimmy first played in the World Championship. In that time he has reached the one table stage ten times. This means he has a 1 in 4 (25%) chance of doing so this year.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:This year is 40 years since Jimmy first played in the World Championship. In that time he has reached the one table stage ten times. This means he has a 1 in 4 (25%) chance of doing so this year.

Yes.

That is exactly what that means.

Postby Dan-cat

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:This year is 40 years since Jimmy first played in the World Championship. In that time he has reached the one table stage ten times. This means he has a 1 in 4 (25%) chance of doing so this year.

You are not allowing for his decline over time.

Postby chengdufan

Dan-cat wrote:

You can't argue with science Dan. KrazeeEyezKilla has used an algorithm.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:

Ah, but divide that by his practice form, and you have a clearer picture. It takes him up to a one in three chance <ok>

Postby The_Abbott

I lost my house and car when I gambled it on Ding winning the World championship cos Pin Ball said so. So I am going to put my organs on Jimmy winning the world championship this year. Double or bust.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I lost my house and car when I gambled it on Ding winning the World championship cos Pin Ball said so. So I am going to put my organs on Jimmy winning the world championship this year. Double or bust.

What could go wrong?

Postby orky

Jimmy was great player in his time but the sad thing about his career is for more than about 50% of it he has been a journeyman pro you could argue.

Postby badtemperedcyril

orky wrote:Jimmy was great player in his time but the sad thing about his career is for more than about 50% of it he has been a journeyman pro you could argue.
Not as good as that. A typical journeyman pro does just enough to stay on tour and earn a modest living. Jimmy's had to rely on invitation tour cards.

Postby vodkadiet1

Forget James Warren White! Hilaire Belloc looks like the one to watch!

Postby Juddernaut88

Jimmy White is not the people's champion, he's the people's chump.

That is something Vince McMahon would say!

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Jimmy White is not the people's champion, he's the people's chump.

That is something Vince McMahon would say!

I didn't screw Jimmy. Jimmy screwed Jimmy.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:Was watching that Jimmy vid. So good to watch!

:goodpost:

Postby gallantrabbit

Respect fellows please. Jimmy was and is the one and only people's champion. So many people took up the game because of his influence and he has always been a man of the people. Alex Higgins? Do me a favour. Only ever had one person in his mind. Ronnie? That's a laugh too.
I wish people would leave him alone. More than just about anyone, JImmy deserves an invitational for as long as he likes. In life you get back what you put in. Same goes for snooker. By the way did his oppos all let him win on his run to the last 16 of the Gibraltar open? He can still play, but of course the older you get the more inconsistent you are. Will he get to the Crucible? I doubt it, but if he could play a bit more freely like he did the other week he might come closeish.
I think Jimmy is enjoying life on tour despite the lack of consistent results so let him be cos he won't be around forever.

Postby Iranu

gallantrabbit wrote:Respect fellows please. Jimmy was and is the one and only people's champion. So many people took up the game because of his influence and he has always been a man of the people. Alex Higgins? Do me a favour. Only ever had one person in his mind. Ronnie? That's a laugh too.
I wish people would leave him alone. More than just about anyone, JImmy deserves an invitational for as long as he likes. In life you get back what you put in. Same goes for snooker. By the way did his oppos all let him win on his run to the last 16 of the Gibraltar open? He can still play, but of course the older you get the more inconsistent you are. Will he get to the Crucible? I doubt it, but if he could play a bit more freely like he did the other week he might come closeish.
I think Jimmy is enjoying life on tour despite the lack of consistent results so let him be cos he won't be around forever.

Rubbish

Postby badtemperedcyril

gallantrabbit wrote:Respect fellows please. Jimmy was and is the one and only people's champion. So many people took up the game because of his influence and he has always been a man of the people. Alex Higgins? Do me a favour. Only ever had one person in his mind. Ronnie? That's a laugh too.

Alex Higgins wasn't the Peoples Champion? Yeh ok mate... <doh>

Postby Running side

I'm with you Mr Rabbit,Jimmy brought so many players to the game, playing attacking, brilliant snooker. He obviously is past his best but for fans of a certain age he was box office. Think younger fans don't appreciate him not seeing him in his prime and watching him on YouTube. Who would you rather watch making a 147,Jimmy or Selby

Postby SnookerFan

You get out what you put in?

In that case Jimmy should be getting a hell of a lot of white powdery substances out of the game.

Postby mick745

He's been runner-up six times, but could this be...Jimmy White's year?

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:He's been runner-up six times, but could this be...Jimmy White's year?

I hope that Hendry doesn't break our heart again.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
mick745 wrote:He's been runner-up six times, but could this be...Jimmy White's year?

I hope that Hendry doesn't break our heart again.

I hope he does :D