Post a reply

ferret is a b*st*rd

Postby MikeWooldridge

well i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

he's banned me from tsf for 'swearing'.

if you can't be yourself, what good are you to anyone?

Re: ferret is a b*st*rd

Postby Roland

Welcome to the Island :santa:

Did you actually swear or did you use *s as in shut the **** up? Some silly admin count that as swearing. We have a swear filter here anyway which by default is on but you can switch it off in your profile.

Postby Wildey

i got a month ban for some ********************** lol

Postby Noel

Hi Mike.

=o)

Noel

PS... taking a deep breath.
My next comment on this subject may get me banned from THIS site!

Postby Tubberlad

Noel wrote:Hi Mike.

=o)

Noel

You're Seifer's lover?

Postby Noel

thetubberlad wrote:

=o)

Noel

You're Seifer's lover?

LOL.
WhoTF is "Seifer" anyway?

=o|

Noel

Postby Roland

Ferret can kiss my bottom if he thinks he can stop people allowing others to use their photographs. If you take photos, then it's up to you who you allow to use them. If you take photos and expect to profit from them and feel aggrieved that others are giving theirs away - tough rubbish.

Postby Witz78

Noel wrote:
thetubberlad wrote:

=o)

Noel

You're Seifer's lover?

LOL.
WhoTF is "Seifer" anyway?

=o|

Noel

er, hes Wilds ex.......hence its a taboo subject on the Island :john:

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

This fella gets a serious amount of bad press, is it justified?

Welcome btw Mike.

Postby Tubberlad

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:This fella gets a serious amount of bad press, is it justified?

Absolutely

Postby GJ

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:This fella gets a serious amount of bad press, is it justified?

Welcome btw Mike.

YES :D

Postby MikeWooldridge

just to let you know there's a rat in the kitchen. someone emailed kevin to tell them about my post here.

SAD! (you know who you are)

Postby Roland

Personally, I don't have a problem with him. He chooses to do things his own way and he's grown TSF into what it is today and good luck to him for that. He publishes some useful information albeit usually littered with spelling mistakes and bad grammar, but that's a personal gripe because I think if you're an admin of a forum you should lead by example.

Where I draw the line is as stated above - interfering with other peoples business like complaining about photographers who choose to distribute their work freely. It's up to them what they do with their photographs, not him. I wouldn't pay him a penny for any of his work on principle.

Also I never liked his style of forum admin, TSF feels like a rouge state with a dictator at the helm. Hopefully Snooker Island is a contrast for people who don't like TSF and an environment which makes them feel they can be themselves and say what they want to say (within reason - see forum rules) without further recrimination like removal of posts and topics without warning and without good reason.

Postby Rocket_ron

MikeWooldridge wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:That name rings a bell are you the guy who has an interest in cues?

no. i hate cues! :innocent:

rocket_ron wrote:and give advice about them?

no, but there's good advice on my, sorry, 'this' site:

http://handmadecues.com/home/20-advice.htm
http://handmadecues.com/info/10-introduction.htm

:afro:

geat stuff...this forum needs a cue section

Postby Eirebilly

Hi Mike and welcome to the Island.

I must admit to never warming to TSF, i was a member for a few weeks before getting a warning about my lack of participation I posted a grand total of 2 times...... 2 weeks after that i was banned.

Postby SnookerFan

I think I tried to register at TSF before I signed up to any other snooker sites. They didn't even allow me to sign up. They took two years and were still considering my application. <laugh>

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: They didn't even allow me to sign up.

you can't blame them really :redneck: :idea: :redneck: :idea:

<laugh>

not sure if TSF had a junkyard :redneck:

Postby Roland

Apparently if you put a link to here on TSF the name of the site is ****d out as if it's a long swear word

rofl

Postby likelylad

Mr Kevin is only looking after himself. He only contacts people if he can gain money out of it. TSF may have thousands of members but its a completely dead board nowadays. Most members are trembling with fear to post anything out of line. Its more The Stalin Forum lol

Postby Roland

Welcome yet another refugee :santa:

Postby Madz

Ultimate_snooker wrote:
MikeWooldridge wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:That name rings a bell are you the guy who has an interest in cues?

no. i hate cues! :innocent:

rocket_ron wrote:and give advice about them?

no, but there's good advice on my, sorry, 'this' site:

http://handmadecues.com/home/20-advice.htm
http://handmadecues.com/info/10-introduction.htm

:afro:

geat stuff...this forum needs a cue section

Nooooooooooooooooooo... :wild2: All the trouble started when a certain admin decided that the cue section on a certain forum needs to be more active :evilgrin: And before that certain admin came into power <doh> It was a good forum then (I know, hard to believe now). Well, times and things do change :huh2:

Postby Roland

He's got a new blog now you know. It looks pretty but the content contains the worst example of the English language I think I've ever seen. And I read a lot of posts by wildJONESEYE.

<laugh>