Post a reply

Qualifiers, Fu, China, Saudi

Postby SteveJJ

According to Jason Ferguson.

World Championship Qualifiers will be in Sheffield and likely to be same format as last year due to not being out of the woods yet with Covid and travel logistics. Not confirmed yet

In talks with government over piloting crowds at the Crucible.

Recommendation put forward for Fu to get a wildcard as travel restrictions have meant he couldnt travel this season through no fault of his own.

In talks with China for tournaments next season. More hopeful but decision as to whether to schedule them normally or later in the calendar will have to be made.

Saudi tournament still planned. Will either be next season or one after.

Re: Qualifiers, Fu, China, Saudi

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:I wonder if it'll be on Eurosport again, or back to YouTube.

Viewing figures were quite good for last year's qualifiers I think, and they extended coverage for the first round of the Uk. So I'd be hopeful. And I don't think there is anything bigger in the ES stables for first two weeks of April?

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

Viewing figures were quite good for last year's qualifiers I think, and they extended coverage for the first round of the Uk. So I'd be hopeful. And I don't think there is anything bigger in the ES stables for first two weeks of April?

No tennis on?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

No tennis on?

Nothing major, French open not til May.

Only cycling is the Tour of the Basque Country.

Postby snoopy2608

SteveJJ wrote:According to Jason Ferguson.

World Championship Qualifiers will be in Sheffield and likely to be same format as last year due to not being out of the woods yet with Covid and travel logistics. Not confirmed yet

Recommendation put forward for Fu to get a wildcard as travel restrictions have meant he couldnt travel this season through no fault of his own.

In talks with China for tournaments next season. More hopeful but decision as to whether to schedule them normally or later in the calendar will have to be made.

that all makes sense - need China next season if possible - so best of 11s for first three of rounds of qualifiers will cause a few shocks.
Has he said anything re Q school - by my reckoning there will be 35 spaces to make a 128 tour - 8 per 1 year list, Reanne, Ng, Andrew Pagett, and Fu would still leave 23 slots - could they do a China qualifier for say 5 and then 18 in UK?

Postby HappyCamper

snoopy2608 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:According to Jason Ferguson.

that all makes sense - need China next season if possible - so best of 11s for first three of rounds of qualifiers will cause a few shocks.
Has he said anything re Q school - by my reckoning there will be 35 spaces to make a 128 tour - 8 per 1 year list, Reanne, Ng, Andrew Pagett, and Fu would still leave 23 slots - could they do a China qualifier for say 5 and then 18 in UK?

anyone who qualifies for the crucible and not already qualified for next season gets a new cards as well. (there were four last year i think carty, brown, slessor, and clarke.)

but yes, wsf and ebsa championships don't look likely to happen . so a lot of spots to fill.

Postby badtemperedcyril

World qualifiers on Eurosport Player (2 TV tables - one with commentary, one without), so they said in commentary during the Gibraltar final.

Postby SnookerFan

badtemperedcyril wrote:

World qualifiers on Eurosport Player (2 TV tables - one with commentary, one without), so they said in commentary during the Gibraltar final.

Really? So not anything on the main channel?

And what does that mean for the You Tube coverage?

I would've thought Hendry trying to qualify would create some interest, if nothing else.

Postby SnookerFan

mick745 wrote:Judgement Day with Rob Walker and Neal Foulds live on youtube has been one of the year's highlights previously.

Never really watached that. Now I have YouTube as part of my Virgin package, will give it a go if it's on there.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:

Really? So not anything on the main channel?

And what does that mean for the You Tube coverage?

I would've thought Hendry trying to qualify would create some interest, if nothing else.

It wasn’t on YouTube last season from what I remember.

Postby motorhead

SnookerFan wrote:No tennis on?

Men:
Sardinia 250
Marbella 250

Women:
Charleston 500
Bogota 250

Not tournaments historically covered by ES (granted that the men's tournament are actually new).

Postby SnookerFan

I have a feeling that I saw on Twitter that Eurosport were showing the qualifiers on The Player, but nothing about whether it would get on the main channel.