Post a reply

Re: Hazel Irvine will present the Worlds

Postby Andre147

McManusFan wrote:Hazel is the best, a real cut above the rest.

She is, and to those saying it doesnt make any difference... well it does, would you rather have a clueless one like Jill Douglas presenting? Certainly not me.

Very happy she's back for BBC.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:

She is, and to those saying it doesnt make any difference... well it does, would you rather have a clueless one like Jill Douglas presenting? Certainly not me.

Careful Andre, Dan will have a go at you <laugh>

Postby McManusFan

Andre147 wrote:

I'd still take Jill over the Eurosport two, or even Jason Mohammed for that matter. Remember Jason's painful coffee banter at the worlds?

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'd still take Jill over the Eurosport two, or even Jason Mohammed for that matter. Remember Jason's painful coffee banter at the worlds?

I don't remember.

Sounds like something I shouldn't be upset about.

Postby SnookerEd25

cupotee wrote:indifferent to the host as they're too generic anyway , just replace doherty with darren morgan and you're good to go .

Seconded <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

cupotee wrote:indifferent to the host as they're too generic anyway , just replace doherty with darren morgan and you're good to go .

Disagree.

There is an art to hosting the show, which I think gets lost on people. Though you're not there to be a pundit, you are there to steer the pundit's conversation and to bring knowledge out of them that you believe the audience at home would be interested in. Hazel is better at it than a lot of other people who try it. Her absence has been noticed. She was missed. I know the BBC gets a lot of criticism on here, but I don't think Hazel is one that deserves it.

Also, I'm not sure there are many problems in life for which bringing in Darren Morgan is the solution.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Whilst I appreciate there is an element of the viewership that like to look at Seema and Hazel, I personally think, of the three, Jason Mohammad is the best snooker presenter. He really knows his subject and seems to get on well with the rest of the team. Hazel is a bit of a "yes girl" and just bows to the BBC bosses every whim, taking care to throw in references to the BBC Triple Crown at every opportunity.

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:Whilst I appreciate there is an element of the viewership that like to look at Seema and Hazel, I personally think, of the three, Jason Mohammad is the best snooker presenter. He really knows his subject and seems to get on well with the rest of the team. Hazel is a bit of a "yes girl" and just bows to the BBC bosses every whim, taking care to throw in references to the BBC Triple Crown at every opportunity.

Jason Mohammed knows snooker but he’s way too irritating.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:Whilst I appreciate there is an element of the viewership that like to look at Seema and Hazel, I personally think, of the three, Jason Mohammad is the best snooker presenter. He really knows his subject and seems to get on well with the rest of the team. Hazel is a bit of a "yes girl" and just bows to the BBC bosses every whim, taking care to throw in references to the BBC Triple Crown at every opportunity.

I see Jason as a safe pair of hands, to be fair. Seema drops too many howlers for me, like when she announced that Neil Robertson had made 73 MAXIMUM BREAKS already this season!

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I see Jason as a safe pair of hands, to be fair. Seema drops too many howlers for me, like when she announced that Neil Robertson had made 73 MAXIMUM BREAKS already this season!

Ehh, Seema’s learning. She makes mistakes but she’s already better than Jill.

Hazel’s the gold standard.

Postby SnookerEd25

motorhead wrote:As long as Rob Walker is gonna be there I'm fine.

wtf I just read he's 46? I thought he was ten years older.

His mental age is about 30years younger :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

I dispute the first part, but not the second.