Post a reply

Re: Anybody up tomorrow buying Crucible tickets?

Postby SnookerFan

Too complicated at the moment. I did consider being extravagant and going in for the final, but they didn't seem able to sell them, for some reason. Despite the final session being almost sold out 5 minutes after they went on sale, for some reason.

Looking at the first rounds, which is what I usually go for, they haven't even acknowledged whats what. You can buy a ticket for each session for table 1 or table 2. But other then guessing that The World Champion will be playing his usual time, I can't even work out what's a match and what isn't. I was expecting them to advertise "Match 1, opening session", "Match 1, closing session." They don't. Buy the wrong tickets, you can't even guarantee that you'll get full matches.

Postby Roland

Well I've gone for broke and I've got me and OBM the usual couple of tickets for the opening day of the semi-finals both sessions and I also went for a pair of tickets to the final all sessions. I was going clicking mad, I daren't think how much money I've just spent but it was several hundred more than I meant to :redneck:

I've also got myself a few single tickets for the opening Sunday and Monday and bagged the seat I got when I sat directly behind Ding and Liang in their classic encounter. Got some front row side on tickets too - the best seat in the house where you could literally lean forward and push the players cue through for them.

All in all, happy days but jesus I've spent a lot on snooker tickets this month. I may have to resort to ebay to sell my tickets to the Masters and World finals.

Postby Roland

And yes, the ordering system is bloody annoying. First up I went through and added tickets to the basket - I like how you can choose your exact seats from the seating plan. But then as I went to pay I found I had to register, and by the time I'd registered my time had expired and every time I hit a button the page refreshed and removed the tickets I selected 10 minutes ago and again and again so I had to pay quick and run back to the final to see if I could find my seats again. Well annoying. What is better about this than the Masters though is that at least you can add tickets to basket and then continue to shop although I did probably pay extra in booking fees by doing it in 3 lumps.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:And yes, the ordering system is bloody annoying. First up I went through and added tickets to the basket - I like how you can choose your exact seats from the seating plan. But then as I went to pay I found I had to register, and by the time I'd registered my time had expired and every time I hit a button the page refreshed and removed the tickets I selected 10 minutes ago and again and again so I had to pay quick and run back to the final to see if I could find my seats again. Well annoying. What is better about this than the Masters though is that at least you can add tickets to basket and then continue to shop although I did probably pay extra in booking fees by doing it in 3 lumps.

SNAP, id exactly the same woes !!

Postby Roland

And I've just gone and bought some more. I thought about how the second Saturday morning session always produces something but there aren't any good seats left for that and afternoon so I went for Friday afternoon and evening sessions once again in the same seat directly behind the players on table 2.

I'm now hoping the bottom half of the draw is loaded with players I want to see but not so Robbo can have the top half all his own way.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:And I've just gone and bought some more. I thought about how the second Saturday morning session always produces something but there aren't any good seats left for that and afternoon so I went for Friday afternoon and evening sessions once again in the same seat directly behind the players on table 2.

I'm now hoping the bottom half of the draw is loaded with players I want to see but not so Robbo can have the top half all his own way.

You wanting Robbo to get an easy route to glory 2 years in a row <doh>

ill look out for you in them seats on the Friday then <cool>

Postby Roland

When are you going? My dates are:

First Sunday and Monday 10am and 2:30pm
First Friday 2:30pm and 7pm
Semi-final Thursday 2pm and 7pm
Final - all sessions if I choose to go and not sell

:D

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:When are you going? My dates are:

First Sunday and Monday 10am and 2:30pm
First Friday 2:30pm and 7pm
Semi-final Thursday 2pm and 7pm
Final - all sessions if I choose to go and not sell

:D

Weds 20th to Sunday 24th mate <ok>

to make things worse id to buy tickets for 3 mates too so will be a fair whack out of my account rofl and 2 of them gambled me at singles matches double or quits over me buying their tickets and beat me so theyve got free tickets for the Crucible out of me <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Usually I by tickets for the opening weekends and get 3 or 4 first round matches in. Unfortunately it didn't even specify what evening sessions concluded what morning ones. I could've done with them saying; "Match 1 begins. Match 1 concludes." So even if you don't know who you are seeing, you could at least plan whole matches.

I've gone for broke too. I've decided to defy tradition, and whilst at home not paying rent or food bills, buy all four sessions of the final. I eventually did it over the phone, because I got sick of the booking system. £211 I spent. A bit worried, because finals are a complete crap shoot. I prefer deciding who I am going to see. But as it was made impossible this year, decided to re-risk it. Only time I went to a Crucible final, it was Ronnie vs Ali Carter. Ronnie had been the one player I hadn't wanted to see. :-( And it ended up being a procession, not a match. Hopefully, I get something better this year. Maybe I'll see you around Sonny.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've got a seat, second row from the back before and it was good. The Crucible is small enough and compact enough that there isn't such thing as a bad view.

I think there is a big difference between being close and being up high. <ok>

Really? At The Crucible?

I agree at Wembley, the high seats you can see buck all, but at The Crucible, I had what was supposed to be one of the worst seats there one year, and still felt close enough to be part of the action.

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I've got a seat, second row from the back before and it was good. The Crucible is small enough and compact enough that there isn't such thing as a bad view.

I think there is a big difference between being close and being up high. <ok>

Really? At The Crucible?

I agree at Wembley, the high seats you can see buck all, but at The Crucible, I had what was supposed to be one of the worst seats there one year, and still felt close enough to be part of the action.

I'm not saying you cannot see, cos you can, but the difference I found to be quite big having sat up higher then getting a seat on the front ......................I particularly like the side angle seats - level with the blue spot. When you are there you get a feel for the breakbuilding and can literally see over the players shoulder as he pots the blue into middle bag. :wave: :idea: :wave: :idea:

Postby SnookerFan

My favourite door is the blue door as well... It doesn't gets a busy as some of the other doors, it's got the best views, easy access to the toilets, and they aren't bankers like the people who work on the red door.

Postby Roland

I like row M at the back from the side on view but when you're up there in row P and facing the baulk area that is the seat I like the least. I was at Selby v Ronnie this year in row P and it was a right squeeze. The view was ok though, but it's better further down.

What I love about the Crucible is that you can sit in different parts of the arena and get a different experience. I love row A side on when it's 2 table and especially when it's only the far table in play. And I love sitting a few rows back and right in the middle of the arena. This time I've gone for the seat I sat in when Ding played Liang, right behind the players.

Postby SnookerFan

I think my final session is Row M this year. They'd all but gone. But you're right Sonny. I find further at the back, you can get people being more vocal, then at the front. At the front you get more reverred silence...

I am looking forward to The Crucible now, but am somewhat worried about the final. I am hoping I get to see some people I like, and that it's a good match. It'll feel weird ending the fortnight with my visit to The Crucible, rather then begginning it.

Postby Roland

Yeah I've never been to a final before but think I should at least once, especially with all the clowns talking about shortening the format.

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My favourite door is the blue door as well... It doesn't gets a busy as some of the other doors, it's got the best views, easy access to the toilets, and they aren't bankers like the people who work on the red door.

<laugh> :idea:

It's true. They are always, always hammers on that door. I think they find the biggest pin ends going. One year I was two minutes late to the door, and they were like; "Yeah, you can't go in. You'll disrupt play." I looked on the screen, and the tables were empty, no players had been announced, and Rob Walker hadn't even come out. I said; "What play? Nothing's happening. I'll be in my seat before any play starts." They were like; "I'm sorry sir, we aren't allowed in." I said, "Surely you'd prefer me to go in when there's no play at all, rather then when there is play on one of the tabels." No. "At the end of the frame we'll let you in." I pointed out that if I did that, there'd be play on the other table. This way there was no play on any table. They kept going; "Sorry, sir. I can't let you in." I went off, got a bottle of coke and was watching it at the screen by the Green Door. I told them what had happened, and they said; "Yeah. They are really strict on that door, we'd have let you in." <laugh>

The time Mark Williams broke his cue at least year's Crucible, I was texting somebody. No play on either table, and they still made me come out and do it. They were like; "You might disturb somebody if they come back out to play." I walked out with them, clicked send, and asked if they could walk me back to my seat.

Tossers!
Last edited by SnookerFan on 31 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Failed police wannabes - dreamt of joining the police, got turned down, found other career.

The staff at the Masters are pretty rubbish as well. They always use staff who work at the venue, so know feck all about snooker. I've seen three dozen people not let through a door in between frames before, because the staff member didn't realise play had stopped, and didn't think it was weird in the slightest that 36 people all turned up at the same point to be let in.

Postby SnookerFan

Good News; My Crucible Tickets have arrived. :D

Bad News: Due to thetrainline.com having an unneccessarily complicated procedure for changing your address when you move, involving having to type in your address three seperate times, and me not realising it, they send my tickets to my old address, only for the new tennants to bin it... I've had to buy another £20 worth of train tickets to Telford. :wild2: It wasn't even my mistake, but they refuse to refund me.