Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I agree with Wild, I think last night's match was the biggest shock ever in a ranking final.

A 17-year-old beating prime Hendry in a UK final is definitely the biggest upset in my opinion. Ronnie also beat Steve Davis in that tournament.

Oh come on Holden <laugh> Ronnie doesn’t need every accolade!

I'm not trying to take anything away from Jordan, it was a magnificent performance. But if I'm honest I think beating prime Hendry in a UK final when you're 17 is just a little more impressive. But it doesn't matter, what Jordan did was brilliant.

I agree it’s more impressive, I don’t think that makes it a bigger shock, though. People knew how good Ronnie was even then and he was expected to do great things in the game. Even then he was ranked 57.

Jordan’s 33 years old, ranked 81 and wasn’t really expected to do anything but be a journeyman at best.

You have a point.

Postby SnookerFan

Does it really matter?

It's a hell of a good result for Jordan, and a great sporting story.

We don't really need to quibble about whether it was more or less surprising than a result that happened decades ago.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Does it really matter?

We don't really need to quibble about whether it was more or less surprising than a result that happened decades ago.

Nobody is quibbling.

People are having a snooker discussion on a snooker forum. I don't know why that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Postby rekoons

I can imagine this must hurt guys like Ford, Gilbert, Lisowski,... to see Brown (or no matter who) win a ranking event at his first try...

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Nobody is quibbling.

People are having a snooker discussion on a snooker forum. I don't know why that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Nobody is uncomfortable. <ok>

Postby TheRocket

rekoons wrote:I can imagine this must hurt guys like Ford, Gilbert, Lisowski,... to see Brown (or no matter who) win a ranking event at his first try...

Indeed. Maybe not Ford but certainly Gilbert and Lisowski. They have lost so many finals.

Postby rekoons

Yes you're right, I thought Ford had also featured in a couple finals of late, but I'm wrong. checked wiki: just 2 finals around '17 and '18.

Postby LDS

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:A 17-year-old beating prime Hendry in a UK final is definitely the biggest upset in my opinion. Ronnie also beat Steve Davis in that tournament.

Oh come on Holden <laugh> Ronnie doesn’t need every accolade!

I'm not trying to take anything away from Jordan, it was a magnificent performance. But if I'm honest I think beating prime Hendry in a UK final when you're 17 is just a little more impressive. But it doesn't matter, what Jordan did was brilliant.

I agree it’s more impressive, I don’t think that makes it a bigger shock, though. People knew how good Ronnie was even then and he was expected to do great things in the game. Even then he was ranked 57.

Jordan’s 33 years old, ranked 81 and wasn’t really expected to do anything but be a journeyman at best.

You have a point.

Dave Harold

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:You have a point.

Dave Harold[/quote]

You know those T-Shirts that they sell at World Snooker events that have like; "Rocket", "Magician" or "Nugget" written on them. I always thought that they should do a Dave Harold one, and just have "Bloke" written on it.

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:Dave Harold

You know those T-Shirts that they sell at World Snooker events that have like; "Rocket", "Magician" or "Nugget" written on them? I always thought that they should do a Dave Harold one, and just have "Bloke" written on it.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Nobody is quibbling.

Postby hendry_fan

Many congrats to Jordan Brown. :win: :clap: <ok>

He fooled us all,or almost everyone.Did anyone actually bet that he,d win!. :chin: :-D Very impressive stuff beatin the likes of Selby,Mags n then Ronnie in the Final,and of course beating other good players too.

When Ronnie got lucky,in the 16th frame,in which he covered a red near the middle,and another red,which would of given Brown a long pot possibility,i thought,AHHHHHHH!,FFS!,here we buckin go!,Ron,ll make a frame winning break,then he,ll probably win the decider.

But thankfully,in the decider,he missed a blue after gettin a fluke,which let brown in,in which he finished Ronnie off.

During the break,when Brown got to the 40 mark,i thought,please,don,t crumble,don,t bottle it,don,t choke!,in fact don,t buckin miss!,make a frame n match winning break!,and he indeed did make a frame n match winning break,he made an excellent 74. :happy: :happy:

Ronnie said himself,that he played "ok",which is an ok assessment. :-D

I did,nt see the first 5 frames,but had the odd look on live scoreing.

Breaks wise,Brown <only> managed FIVE 50+ers,only 1 was a century.

Ronnie knocked in SEVEN 50+ers,3 were centurys.

Incredible tournament it was from the Northern Irishman.It,s high time,someone decent,good came from Ni again. :-D

5 of the matches he won,he won on deciders!.

Hard luck Ronnie!. :-)

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:
LDS wrote:Dave Harold

You know those T-Shirts that they sell at World Snooker events that have like; "Rocket", "Magician" or "Nugget" written on them? I always thought that they should do a Dave Harold one, and just have "Bloke" written on it.

:goodpost:

Postby 1892

Phil Haigh on that Talking Snooker podcast has said that the TC will also be played at the Celtic Manor.

Postby 1892

Haigh said that some of the staff at the venue told him it was taking place there, but that nothing has been announced yet.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:I wish someone would look at me the way Jordy looks at Ronnie during his runner's up speech https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status ... 7404076034

Must have provided such a boost to Jordan Brown's morale and self-confidence to have the Goat speak about you in this manner. Good for him, he deserves it.

Postby Ronnie79

csprince wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnie should be embarrased of himself, losing to a nobody like Brown.
Stupid shot selection, should have never taken that blue on.

why don't you try and give a ronnie opponent some credit for once.

He is right though. Who would have taken on that blue not even Trump. He had to play safe make his opponent earn the win not be reckless.

Postby Dan-cat

The irony of this post. Quibble is all we do!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

The irony of this post. Quibble is all we do!

I don't. Everybody loves me. :gag: