2005 Champion Won 9-8 v Stephen Hendry
2014 Champion Won 9-3 v Ding Junhui
2016 Champion Won 9-5 v Neil Robertson

Jordan Brown
2021 Final
still competing

Jordan Brown v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Overall First meeting

Final of the last Home Nations event of the season, first up we have surprise of the week Jordan Brown in his first ever professional ranking event Final, up against childhood hero and legend, 4 time champion of this event, Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Can Jordan Brown beat O'Sullivan, and cause what would certainly be one of the biggest upsets in recent history, or will O'Sullivan claim his 5th Welsh Open title and tie John Higgins on the all time record of this event? Enjoy the Final.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final !!!!!

Postby Andre147

O'Sullivan also the first player to reach 3 Home Nations Finals on the same season. He might have only won one of them, but since 2016 he's been pretty consistent.

Postby Alex0paul

Jordan Brown texture like sun
Lays me down with my mind she runs
Throughout the night
No need to fight
Never a frown with Jordan Brown
Every time just like the last
On her ship tied to the mast
To distant lands
Takes both my hands
Never a frown with Jordan brown
Jordan Brown finer temptress
Through the ages she's heading west
From far away
Stays for a day
Never a frown with Jordan Brown

Postby D4P

I think a win would also make Ronnie the oldest Welsh Open champion, replacing Higgins (who won in 2018).

All 10 ranking finals so far this season have featured at least one of Judd, Selby, and Ronnie. This is the first to not feature Judd or Selby.

Postby Andre147

A loss for Ronnie would be even more surprising than losing the 08 Shanghai Final.

Having a title under your belt before his defense of the world title will be nice.

Postby Wildey

If Jordan Brown wins today it will be the Biggest Shock in Snooker Final History that's the task facing Jordan Today even eclipsing Joe Johnson beating Steve Davis or Dominic Dale beating John Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/21/ronnie-osullivan-comments-didnt-go-down-well-with-jordan-brown-14118657/?fbclid=IwAR3auHv29t-z0dHU_N5k_STNA6Ojy6FE7RloeIwCl6pLF8Jcr1aw7bPxSOE

Another player whom Ronnie's comments seemed to have a positive effect on him.

I am not sure we can act like that was Ronnie's intent, but good for Brown. Use it as incentive.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 12 May 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/21/mark-williams-sends-message-to-jordan-brown-ahead-of-ronnie-osullivan-welsh-open-final-14118494/

Probably well intended, but more likely to put pressure on Brown.