Post a reply

Re: Shot C Is in fact a fluke?

Postby shanew48

shanew48 wrote:I understand that they have to find enough shots to make up the runners but flukes are scraping the barrel, the choices arnt great in this lot but I guess I would say the Griffiths one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtW3l7Z ... phenTrevor

When you look back to that time, it does highlight how much higher the standard is today.

The Eugene Hughes interview is a must watch also, can't figure out if he's just a bit thick, weird or both! Also note how Dickie Davies clearly has Sex on his mind.

Postby McManusFan

Really enjoyed that video, cheers.
My favourite was the Cliff Wilson one, a very unusual shot.

Also, have they been using the same song for the last 35 years!? Brilliant.

Postby Andre147

Both are intentional no doubt. Both players use the red ball to make the plant, otherwise if they just played safe their opponent might attempt to make the plant themselves.

Postby chengdufan

shanew48 wrote:The Eugene Hughes interview is a must watch also, can't figure out if he's just a bit thick, weird or both!

Great to put a face to Eugene Hughes' name. He seems a very nice guy.
Certainly neither thick nor weird; it was a good interview.

I agree that most of the 'hot shots' weren't particularly 'hot'. In the players' defense, they were from the early rounds of the first tournament of the season, on a thick cloth...

Postby Cloud Strife

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Tezza's cue power is incredible
Who the flippin Ada is Tezza?

Joe Pezza

Postby badtemperedcyril

Cloud Strife wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:

Joe Pezza
I agree. It was like he had rocket boosters in his cue. Who d’ya reckon has most cue power of all time? Alex Higgins is say, when he was really timing it well. He’d lost it by around 82/83 though

Postby Iranu

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:

Joe Pezza
I agree. It was like he had rocket boosters in his cue. Who d’ya reckon has most cue power of all time? Alex Higgins is say, when he was really timing it well. He’d lost it by around 82/83 though

Before my time. Stephen Lee deserves a shout.

Postby Cloud Strife

badtemperedcyril wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:

Joe Pezza

Jimmy or Judd from the ones I've seen. Alex was before my time.

Postby badtemperedcyril

Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:

Joe Pezza

Have a look at these by Alex at 7:34 and 47:10

https://youtu.be/DFeZSQrhenk

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:

Joe Pezza

+1

He’s got a ‘fat man cue action’ as my mate and playing partner puts it. Nothing derogatory about it, just the observation that bigger chaps seem to have the most effortless cue action. He’s a big lump himself, and he’s got the fat man cue action. As has the club owner. By the time clubs reopen I should have developed a silky cue action of my own, by an improvement of at least a stone.