Post a reply

Re: Administrative Error means Hendry not playing in Welsh O

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:It will be interesting to see what excuse Hendry comes up with for not playing in the World Championship.

His brain must be in overdrive trying to think of something credible.

“Due to the technical glitch that prevented me from playing in the Welsh, I was not able to get any competitive practice in and have decided not to enter the World Championship.”

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:The thing is, let's just assume he did enter the World Championship qualifiers without playing any matches during the season.

He'd have been allowed to do that anyway, wouldn't he? By virtue of him being a former World Champion.

I don't think that's the case any more, but it certainly used to be.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The thing is, let's just assume he did enter the World Championship qualifiers without playing any matches during the season.

He'd have been allowed to do that anyway, wouldn't he? By virtue of him being a former World Champion.

I don't think that's the case any more, but it certainly used to be.

Oh is it?

I'm not sure either, to be honest.

I remember John Parrott came out of retirement to play one year.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:This sounds like a cooked, smoked sausage made of cured beef, cured pork or a mixture of the two. It also usually contains afterthoughts of the meat industry - organs, trimmings, and pieces and so on.

Baloney.

Even The Saviour couldn't have posted this more succinctly. <ok>

Postby D4P

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:You could write a comedy farce about a retired Snooker player who comes out of retirement but then changes his mind and has to resort to increasingly ludicrous stunts to avoid having to play.

I would watache that

Postby Ck147

D4P wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:You could write a comedy farce about a retired Snooker player who comes out of retirement but then changes his mind and has to resort to increasingly ludicrous stunts to avoid having to play.

I would watache that

Even if it was cast with black or Asian Muslim lesbian women from a poor violent background to appease the PC crowd? You know that's what the BBC would do if they had anything to do with it.

Postby Dan-cat

It's another sub plotline in the crazy 2020/21 show

Postby Andre147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Look out for Hendry's next excuse for withdrawing from the Gibs Open

Scared of heights?

The venue is at the top of the rock isn't it? :chin:

It's played at MK, not Gibraltar.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:Look out for Hendry's next excuse for withdrawing from the Gibs Open

Scared of heights?

It's played at MK, not Gibraltar.

Tell that to the Wonderbairn :shrug:

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Scared of heights?

He may be a strong lad, but even the Rock would struggle to lift an entire snooker tournament I feel.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Scared of heights?

He may be a strong lad, but even the Rock would struggle to lift an entire snooker tournament I feel.

He'd lay the smack down on Gibraltar's candy ass.