Post a reply

Eurosport app?

Postby SeaJay

I'm currently watching Eurosport via my Chrome browser, they mention using the Eurosport app because it has no adverts. I've downloaded it from the Microsoft play store, but it isn't working. I try to log in and it says 'No Connection.' It also looks very bare-bones, with just football, and results of other sports. I also can't see any way to actually view any snooker on it.

Have I got the wrong app or something?

Also, I'm paying £4.99 a month for Eurosport, but I find it is also being shown on the Sky TV app I have installed on my pc. I pay the £4.99 because I thought Eurosport showed snooker matches exclusively to the £4.99 offering. Is this correct? I mean, the Snooker Shoot Out is on the Sky Sports app under Eurosport channel 410, so I'm not sure if I need the £4.99 offering. Or do I?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks all.

Re: Eurosport app?

Postby HappyCamper

no idea about the microsoft play store app - usually the separate apps are pointless for thes things and the main website is fine. you should be able to access everything from the website once you've signed up. the schedule should have different streams for the ad free version like shis:

the eurosport player would normally have an option of two tables whereas the tv broadcast usually it stuck with table one only. for the shootout there is only one table so it's a bit moot. some of the smaller events also might not get have all the sessions on the tv, but should be on the app/website.

Postby SteveJJ

Make sure you have downloaded the eurosport player app rather than just the eurosport app.

Also sometimes the web version gives the option to watch an ad free version sometimes

Postby SeaJay

My browser displays it differently:

EDIT: And all I can seem to find is the Eurosport Player - no Eurosport Player App.

Could someone perhaps provide a direct link to it please? If it isn't an actual download and just a browser, then I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm watching Shoot Out via my browser, but this seems to be just like what's on my Sky Sports app, with adverts. Is the app available on pcs, or are you watching on your iphones/pads?

Postby SeaJay

Think I figured it out. I had to go into 'Schedule' and scroll until it gave me the option to watch the Snooker 'ad-free'. On my Chrome browser at least.

Though there aren't adverts, it's just silence, with the referee setting up the table. No studio discussion where the adverts used to be?

Thanks all.

Postby sundaygirl

I’m watching on an iPad via the app
I click the drop down menu “All sports”
Select Snooker and there loads of options
Many ad free going all the way back to the Masters

Postby Iranu

It’s confusing because on the TV they say “download the Eurosport app” but what you actually want to download is the Player. Not sure why they stopped saying Player :shrug:

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:It’s confusing because on the TV they say “download the Eurosport app” but what you actually want to download is the Player. Not sure why they stopped saying Player :shrug:

It's just so careless from them.

Postby Andre147

it's an app when you use it on mobile phone, but obviously it's not an app on your computer, so they really should just say "ES Player".

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:it's an app when you use it on mobile phone, but obviously it's not an app on your computer, so they really should just say "ES Player".

Yeah but there’s a Eurosport app (which from what I remember is like news and results and stuff) as well as the Eurosport Player app!

Maybe if you have a Sky subscription or whatever that includes Eurosport, you can watch on the normal Eurosport app, I don’t know.

Postby SeaJay

I'm starting to wonder if I even need the Eurosport Player/App, because it seems I have Eurosport with my Sky TV package. Or does the Player/App show snooker events the Eurosport channel doesn't?

Postby SnookerFan

SeaJay wrote:I'm starting to wonder if I even need the Eurosport Player/App, because it seems I have Eurosport with my Sky TV package. Or does the Player/App show snooker events the Eurosport channel doesn't?

It sometimes show matches that they don't. Eg. Table One will be on TV, Table 2 on the App.

Postby motorhead

SeaJay wrote:I'm starting to wonder if I even need the Eurosport Player/App, because it seems I have Eurosport with my Sky TV package. Or does the Player/App show snooker events the Eurosport channel doesn't?

I take it you are not into tennis, ES player has all the courts covered for AO, FO and USO.

Postby SeaJay

No, not really in to tennis. I'll watch Wimbledon now and again, but not really a tennis fan.

Postby Cloud Strife

SeaJay wrote:No, not really in to tennis. I'll watch Wimbledon now and again, but not really a tennis fan.

Not a tennis fan, no? Well, then I'm afraid you've come to the wrong forum.

Postby SnookerFan

SeaJay wrote:No, not really in to tennis. I'll watch Wimbledon now and again, but not really a tennis fan.

We're in a minority on this site.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Snooker Island is all about the tennis.

These are the stats that matter.

Postby GeF

Cloud Strife wrote:Snooker Island is all about the tennis.

You mean all about Federer ?

Postby motorhead

SeaJay wrote:Or does the Player/App show snooker events the Eurosport channel doesn't?

Back to the question; 'secondary' tables at some tournaments & WC qualies with both tables on.

So really up to your preferences. Seems like it's also cheaper in UK, I pay 7£/month with the conversion rate.

Postby SnookerFan

Am I the only old school one who watches it as part of their TV package?

Here's a picture of me.

:gramp:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Am I the only old school one who watches it as part of their TV package?

Here's a picture of me.

:gramp:

I also just watch it on Sky as part of my TV package.