Post a reply

Re: The Return Of Power Snooker

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I was going to do a thread about Power Snooker for it's tenth anniversary last October but I had no internet and typing anything long on a phone is unbearable.

Postby SnookerFan

I was busy both weekends that they did Power Snooker, so saw some bits but never sat down and watched the whole thing. I remember not hating it as much as I thought I would, especially the first year. But had I sat down and watched the whole weekend, the appeal may have worn off.

On ITV 4 wasn't it?

Like The Shootout, as long as it stays a once-a-year novelty and has no ranking event status, I have no problem with it. A person can chose not to watch it, if it's not to their taste.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

It seems to come up every now and then. There's a Power Snooker app I've seen ad's for and a website that was posted here a couple of years ago which made it sound like a weird cult.

Postby Dan-cat

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:It seems to come up every now and then. There's a Power Snooker app I've seen ad's for and a website that was posted here a couple of years ago which made it sound like a weird cult.

I remember that. Sponsored by some new Bitcoin thingy. Never happened.

Postby Ck147

mantorok wrote:It was a damn sight better than the shootout that’s for sure.

I thought you were cool, I guess I was wrong. Shootout is great, what other ranking event can you see nearly every pro play in an afternoon? Marvellous stuff.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:Am I being thick. All he did was post a picture. What's the comeback?

In replies on the thread, Jason Francis says he is bringing it back with a few rule tweaks. Not really any further details

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Am I being thick. All he did was post a picture. What's the comeback?

In replies on the thread, Jason Francis says he is bringing it back with a few rule tweaks. Not really any further details

<ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Whatever happened to Patricia Murphy?

Did she ever referee on the tour? I saw her at a few exhibitions. I know she did Power Snooker, and some of those World Series events that John Higgins used to organise. Did she ever referee any proper matches?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Whatever happened to Patricia Murphy?

Did she ever referee on the tour? I saw her at a few exhibitions. I know she did Power Snooker, and some of those World Series events that John Higgins used to organise. Did she ever referee any proper matches?

I don't think she did.