Post a reply

How to Watch

Postby SeaJay

Hey all

What's the best way to watch all the snooker? I've seen it on Europsort, the BBC, ITV4, but there are some tournaments being played that nobody covers.

I know you can subscribe to Matchroom live, but I don't want to pay unless I have to. Just to clarify, I am not asking for any illegal streams, I'm just wondering if there's an untapped source I'm unaware of.

Thanks all.

Re: How to Watch

Postby Iranu

Matchroom Live is free if you’re in the UK. Betting sites also show the Championship League and Pro Series - other posters can say better than I can whether you have to pay when you sign up.

I don’t think there’s any one place where you can watch absolutely all the snooker except like Chinese streams.

Postby Juddernaut88

Championship league is also available on a free channel called Freesports.

Postby SeaJay

Iranu wrote:Matchroom Live is free if you’re in the UK. Betting sites also show the Championship League and Pro Series - other posters can say better than I can whether you have to pay when you sign up.

I don’t think there’s any one place where you can watch absolutely all the snooker except like Chinese streams.

Hi Iranu

Thanks for the info. I'm in the UK, and I've just registered with Matchroom Live, but it's saying I have not added a payment method and that I have not active subscriptions. It sounds like it requires a monthly subscription of sorts.

Postby SeaJay

Juddernaut88 wrote:Championship league is also available on a free channel called Freesports.

Thanks Juddernaut, I've now got that on my desktop.

Postby SeaJay

Dan-cat wrote:Just about all the tournaments are shown on the Eurosport Player.

Unfortunately it costs £4.99/month. Good to know though. Thank you.

Postby Dan-cat

SeaJay wrote:

It does, and I understand if you aren't in a position to pay that. Without Eurosport TV deals, half of the tournaments wouldn't exist (Home Nations), so I'm happy to give them money, for the support they give to our beloved snooker.

Postby SeaJay

Dan-cat wrote:
SeaJay wrote:

It does, and I understand if you aren't in a position to pay that. Without Eurosport TV deals, half of the tournaments wouldn't exist (Home Nations), so I'm happy to give them money, for the support they give to our beloved snooker.

And £4.99 does seem a good deal. I might subscribe after all. At least try it for a month or two.

Postby mantorok

SeaJay wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SeaJay wrote:

And £4.99 does seem a good deal. I might subscribe after all. At least try it for a month or two.

Ok you are definitely on commission <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

SeaJay wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SeaJay wrote:

Good man!!

Postby McManusFan

With the Eurosport Player, can you get it month by month or do you have to commit to 6 months to a year?

Postby Iranu

SeaJay wrote:
Iranu wrote:Matchroom Live is free if you’re in the UK. Betting sites also show the Championship League and Pro Series - other posters can say better than I can whether you have to pay when you sign up.

Hi Iranu

Thanks for the info. I'm in the UK, and I've just registered with Matchroom Live, but it's saying I have not added a payment method and that I have not active subscriptions. It sounds like it requires a monthly subscription of sorts.

I think they have other things on there (boxing, pool etc) that you need the subscription for. Snooker is definitely free though as I’ve watched the CL and PS on there and haven’t entered any payment details let alone subscribed.

Eurosport Player is 100% worth buying if you can afford it. I use it more than Netflix and it’s like half the cost!

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:With the Eurosport Player, can you get it month by month or do you have to commit to 6 months to a year?

You can do monthly or yearly. It’s £1 per month extra (I think?) if you do monthly but I prefer to do it that way just in case.

Postby SnookerEd25

Matchroom..live is a bit odd.

I watched extensive coverage of the CL & whatever that other one was called a few weeks back, all free as I’ve never had to submit any payment details.

But there was one day a couple of weeks back when I tried to login to the Henry-free league thing and it said I couldn’t view as I hadn’t paid so I refreshed the browser and it worked fine.

Postby SnookerEd25

Hi Seajay, by the way. You are most welcome <ok>

Postby SeaJay

Thanks all for the info. I'm going to try out Matchroom Live and Eurosport Player!

*thumbs up* <--- Because I can't find a 'thumbs up' emoji. :D

Postby SeaJay

SnookerEd25 wrote:Hi Seajay, by the way. You are most welcome <ok>

Thank you SnookerEd :)

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:Matchroom..live is a bit odd.

I watched extensive coverage of the CL & whatever that other one was called a few weeks back, all free as I’ve never had to submit any payment details.

But there was one day a couple of weeks back when I tried to login to the Henry-free league thing and it said I couldn’t view as I hadn’t paid so I refreshed the browser and it worked fine.

Yeah, I couldn’t log in once because it said I was logged in already (I wasn’t and hadn’t logged in since the CL). I actually had to log in on my phone then log out so I could log in on my PC!

Postby Ck147

I put 5 quid into a Bet365 account ages ago so can watch matches that aren't on BBC/ITV/Quest. Only downside is you dont get any commentary, although sometimes that's not a bad thing.

Postby Dan-cat

Ck147 wrote:I put 5 quid into a Bet365 account ages ago so can watch matches that aren't on BBC/ITV/Quest. Only downside is you dont get any commentary, although sometimes that's not a bad thing.

Love the comms, I'd hate that.

Postby sundaygirl

Sometimes you want to keep an eye on two matches at a time
commentary free coverage is great for that

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:Watache.

How much do you charge to bump threads? Is this how you make your living? Or is it just an untapped compulsion that you haven't figured out how to monetise yet?

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:

How much do you charge to bump threads? Is this how you make your living? Or is it just an untapped compulsion that you haven't figured out how to monetise yet?

Bumped it? The previous post to mine was only a day earlier. It doesn't count as bumping it if you post in an active thread.

On Sunday, I bumped the German Masters thread several times.

Postby LDS

SnookerFan wrote:
LDS wrote:

Bumped it? The previous post to mine was only a day earlier. It doesn't count as bumping it if you post in an active thread.

On Sunday, I bumped the German Masters thread several times.

Ah, I see. So your intention isn't to bump, it is merely to find a recent thread that you can compulsively write 'bump' in because you have that need, for whatever reason. The thread itself is irrelevant, it is merely important that it is a currently active thread so that the bump can go unnoticed.

Intriguing.

Postby SnookerFan

I am confused. I didn't write 'bump' either.

And don't call Seajay's post irrelevant. That's not nice to a new member.