Post a reply

Talking Snooker podcast

Postby NickMetcalfe

Hello,

I'm not sure if such a plug is allowed on here, but I hope so. I've been reading this forum for years and thought it was high time I joined. And I admit one of the main reasons for that is to point you towards a new podcast from a pair of journalists and big snooker fans, namely Phil Haigh and myself.

We know there are already many fine podcasts out there - none finer than the excellent Snooker Scene podcast - but hopefully there's still room for more and we're currently four episodes in. This is our latest, previewing the Masters. https://soundcloud.com/talkingsnooker/t ... isode-four

If you fancied a listen, we would be delighted. And your feedback and comments would be most welcome.

Have a nice weekend all, and enjoy the Masters.

Nick

Re: Talking Snooker podcast

Postby Prop

Welcome aboard :-)

I’ll have a listen right now <ok>

Postby Iranu

I listened to your Year Review and Masters Preview podcasts the other day, good stuff <ok>

Weird to think that a snooker journalist’s been visiting our little snooker haven over the years, I shudder to think what you make of the place rofl

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:I listened to your Year Review and Masters Preview podcasts the other day, good stuff <ok>

Weird to think that a snooker journalist’s been visiting our little snooker haven over the years, I shudder to think what you make of the place rofl

True.. and probably some players, as well. A few of which might have visited once, never to return <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

Well said Iranu, this is a weird and wonderful place with many strange running jokes which to a newcomer must be a little odd.

At the heart of it we are a global family of absolute snooker lovers from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds.

We are excited that an actual proper snooker journalist has been lurking. :-D

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:I listened to your Year Review and Masters Preview podcasts the other day, good stuff <ok>

True.. and probably some players, as well. A few of which might have visited once, never to return <laugh>

Ali Carter decides to visit the Island and sees what people think of him:

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:

rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:

pmsl :clap:

Postby NickMetcalfe

Many thanks for the kind words about the podcast and for making me feel welcome generally. Much appreciated.

As for what I make of this site, I enjoy it. I always like to see what snooker fans are thinking, as I'm one myself.

With our lives as they are right now, Sunday can't come soon enough.

Postby Dan-cat

NickMetcalfe wrote:Many thanks for the kind words about the podcast and for making me feel welcome generally. Much appreciated.

As for what I make of this site, I enjoy it. I always like to see what snooker fans are thinking, as I'm one myself.

With our lives as they are right now, Sunday can't come soon enough.

There can be harsh opinions and hot takes aplenty here! Agreed, so excited for Sunday.

Those last few weeks of wall to wall tournaments last year were incredible - the first time I've been able to watch every session (due to lockdown.)

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Finally, intelligent company for old Pinkey. Welcome, Nick, not before time.

You scared him off.

Postby Iranu

NickMetcalfe wrote:The Right Honourable Phil Haigh and I have recorded a new episode of Talking Snooker today. And here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/talkingsnooker/t ... ers-review

Any feedback welcome. Apart from negative feedback of course. We don't allow that.

Unfortunately this place is 90% negative feedback on most things <laugh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
NickMetcalfe wrote:The Right Honourable Phil Haigh and I have recorded a new episode of Talking Snooker today. And here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/talkingsnooker/t ... ers-review

Any feedback welcome. Apart from negative feedback of course. We don't allow that.

Unfortunately this place is 90% negative feedback on most things <laugh>

rofl

Postby Iranu

Today’s episode was brilliant. Hamilton’s so good in interviews. So many topics and interesting discussion including:

- whether he’s underachieved
- more info on his decision to pull out of the Worlds
- favourite opponents to play
- his health issues
- snooker commentary (he absolutely slates the BBC and it is glorious)

And more. Top work.

Postby 1892

I haven’t listened to this weeks yet, but have to say I’m a big fan of the podcast.

I really enjoyed the near 2 hour episode a couple of weeks back. I enjoy it as much as Hendon and McMullen’s podcast tbf.