Post a reply

Snooker has never seen Judd's kind of dominance

Postby D4P

Judd is arguably the only player in snooker history to be a dominant player in the sense of winning most of the tournaments, without also dominating the Triple Crown events. Davis and Hendry basically won everything during their dominance, and Ronnie has spread out his wins over many seasons.

Judd's brand of dominance in the relatively minor events (while being a relative non-factor at the majors) has been truly unique.

Re: Snooker has never seen Judd's kind of dominance

Postby Iranu

He’s only been dominating for about two years.

The way some go on you’d think he hadn’t won a major in four or five years. He could easily win the Worlds in April and then it won’t seem so “unique”.

Postby D4P

vodkadiet1 wrote:I hope O'Sullivan flukes his way to the world final this year and meets Trump....

They are virtually (if not completely) guaranteed to be on opposite sides of the draw. As long as Selby stays at #3 in the Crucible rankings, then Selby and Judd would be on the same side of the draw, which would make it much more likely that Ronnie would fluke his way to the final against Judd.

Judd would presumably beat Ronnie quite easily, unless he choked like he did at the 2019 TC...

Postby vodkadiet1

D4P wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:I hope O'Sullivan flukes his way to the world final this year and meets Trump....

They are virtually (if not completely) guaranteed to be on opposite sides of the draw. As long as Selby stays at #3 in the Crucible rankings, then Selby and Judd would be on the same side of the draw, which would make it much more likely that Ronnie would fluke his way to the final against Judd.

Judd would presumably beat Ronnie quite easily, unless he choked like he did at the 2019 TC...

O'Sullivan's best chance to save face would be to fail the Covid test.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

vodkadiet1 wrote:
D4P wrote:

yeah just like Trump did at the Masters. He knows he cant win any TC event anymore.

Postby vodkadiet1

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
D4P wrote:

yeah just like Trump did at the Masters. He knows he cant win any TC event anymore.

He might become an anti-vaxxer and be found at many an illegal rave from about April the 6th onwards.

Postby HappyCamper

It's too early into trump's period of dominance to draw those sorts conclusions. I think we can clearly see a step change in his career from roughly early 18/19 season. From which there was upturn in performances is all tournaments. There are just fewer TCs, so it can skew the data somewhat.

Regarldess of whether the so called triple crown is a meaningful categorisation; Trump has the joint best strike rate of two from seven in that same period. in addition to his extraordinary record in non triple crowns.

Trump is very clearly the best on the world right now. And is very likely to add to his big event tally in the next few years. I don't think his underperforming in his twenties is strong evidence against this.

He might not reach Hendry levels of dominance at the world's, but that's more just how trulely remarkable Hendrys dominance was.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Why would Ronnie getting to a World Final be a fluke?

He's won it six times before, with the sixth time being the most recent.

It'd be a fluke if somebody on here talked sense.

They'd be the Judd Trump of Snooker Island.

Postby vodkadiet1

SnookerFan wrote:Why would Ronnie getting to a World Final be a fluke?

He's won it six times before, with the sixth time being the most recent.

It'd be a fluke if somebody on here talked sense.

If you said anything ever on this forum that was mildly intelligent that would be a fluke.

Isn't your bucket of chicken and chips waiting for you?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Trump has aways been good at winning tournaments. Even as a teenager he won the Masters qualifiers and the Championshit League. He's won one or two titles every season for the last ten years even when he wasn't anywhere near being the No.1 player. So it's no surprise that when he becomes the top player he will be a prolific winner. It doesn't mean he's invincible and he will still lose matches including in big events.

Postby Georgi1914

I remember a wish I expressed on this forum right after Ronnie won his sixth world title and that was and still is for him to lift the trophy for the seventh time after a win against Trump in the final. That would be the cherry on the cake in his spectacular career and the final nail in the coffin of his biggest doubters. To say that his only chance to achieve this is if Trump chokes in the final is ridiculous. The genius has a rich history of proving his haters wrong and even age wouldn't prevent him from displaying his finest form if the big moment arrives eventually and the two meet in the Crucible snooker final.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:
If you said anything ever on this forum that was mildly intelligent that would be a fluke.

Isn't your bucket of chicken and chips waiting for you?

Are you making jokes about eating animals? :shock:

Postby Ck147

Alex0paul wrote:Any Southampton fans about?

Fans of the city, the beach, the football club, the sailing club, the airport? Please be more specific.

Postby Ck147

Alex0paul wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Any Southampton fans about?

I don’t even know how I’ve posted this in this thread

Sausage fingers?