Post a reply

Hello

Postby SeaJay

Hello all :)

I used to follow snooker back in the Steve Davis era but stopped up until Ronnie winning the world title last year. Since then I have been watching it quite a bit. I find it relaxing (I have anxiety issues).

So strange to see the players I used to know all grown up; John Higgins, Alan 'Angles' McManus, Foulds, etc.

It's interesting getting to know the new players; Bingham, Trump, even Ronnie!

I think the player I like to watch most is Ronnie, but I have a liking also for Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Kyren Wilson, and Shaun Murphy. I like listening to Murphy talk for some reason. He seems quite articulate. I think my all-time favourite player though, is Jimmy White. I used to be gutted when he would lose to Steve Davis. I've watched a bit of Steve Davis on Youtube, he makes guest appearances at various social clubs/etc, and he's a funny guy!

When I used to play the game back in the day, down the legion, my highest break was only 32 (mostly pinks) but I enjoyed playing the game anyway.

Looking forward to joining in the chat.

Thanks all

Re: Hello

Postby Dan-cat

Welcome snooker brother :D

This is a fine place to chat about snooker and only a few d1ckheads <laugh>

I have a great 'Letting Go' guided audio meditation that can help with your anxiety. Thank you for your honesty. PM me your email address and I can ping it over.

Dan

Postby vodkadiet1

Welcome. This is the place to come for intellectual and unbiased conversation....

:-D

Postby Dan-cat

Top tip: most of the current chat is in the current match thread when a tournament is on. Also click on Active Topics at the top to see the new posts. Fairly archaic forum software we are running here but it does the job!

Postby Prop

Welcome to the Island, Seajay! <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

hello.

Postby Reg Varney

Welcome to the island Seajay

Postby Andre147

Welcome to the Island SeaJay, you'll like it here.

Postby Juddernaut88

Welcome :hatoff:

Postby HustleKing

All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!

GTA San Andreas reference, welcome aboard whether you got the reference or not

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Let's hope he's not a one post wonder after all this outpouring of love!

My confidence is low after Metcalfe left us hanging :sad:

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Let's hope he's not a one post wonder after all this outpouring of love!

I know mate, that flash in the pan had me like 'permission to let lower lip wobble, Sir?'

Postby rekoons

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I know mate, that flash in the pan had me like 'permission to let lower lip wobble, Sir?'

Blackadder reference! :spot on:

Postby SeaJay

Hi all, thank you for the welcome and kind words :)

Yes that's my dog, Tommy. I love him loads.

Postby Juddernaut88

Iranu wrote:

Who is metcalfe?

Postby SeaJay

Dan-cat wrote:Top tip: most of the current chat is in the current match thread when a tournament is on. Also click on Active Topics at the top to see the new posts. Fairly archaic forum software we are running here but it does the job!

Handy to know. Thanks Dan *thumbs up*

Postby Dan-cat

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Who is metcalfe?

Respected snooker / sports journalist who joined a few weeks ago to promote his Snooker Podcast, but hasn't been seen since. Boo.

Postby Dan-cat

rekoons wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Blackadder reference! :spot on:

Hahah excellent gif!!

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Who is metcalfe?

Respected snooker / sports journalist who joined a few weeks ago to promote his Snooker Podcast, but hasn't been seen since. Boo.

We should harangue him on Twitter. Or at least get him to promote SI on Talking Snooker in return <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:He literally just posted again!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:He literally just posted again!

He’ll post whenever there’s a new Podcast, it seems

Postby SeaJay

BTW Iranu, "Lost" is one of my all-time favourite tv shows. Second only to the X Files.