Post a reply

Judd Trump reckons he didn't have Covid after all....

Postby SnookerFan

Judd Trump claims that his exclusion from this month’s Masters was “a joke” – and down to an “inaccurate” Covid test.

But the world No1’s allegations have been swiftly challenged by governing body World Snooker Tour, and also healthcare company Cavendish that performed the testing.

The Juddernaut, along with Jack Lisowski, tested positive for coronavirus and in accordance with strict protocols had to withdraw.

He had been a hot favourite to win the £250,000 first prize, but ended up not even receiving the usual £15,000 guaranteed minimum for the top 16 players having qualified.

WST officials were angry about Trump’s comments, after adhering to strict government guidelines to keep the snooker show going and the players earning.

Trump, questioning the legitimacy of his procedure, said: “I don’t even think the test is accurate. So, to pull you out of the tournament and also take away prize money is a bit of a joke.

“I didn’t think I had it and felt absolutely fine, and it is an inaccurate test that determines it.

“When I was first told I thought it was a joke, and I asked them if they were joking, but they said there was nothing they could do. On another day it could have come back that I could have played.

“I had a few symptoms after Christmas but nothing I haven’t had before, I thought it was a cold so I didn’t even bother getting checked.

“Jack Lisowski got checked after the World Grand Prix final, it came back inconclusive. He got tested again, it came back negative. So he didn’t have it, he comes to the Masters, and he’s positive.

“You will always get some strange goings on. As for my trip to Dubai, if I had it then I already had it. I have had worse colds. Do I go and get checked because I have a runny nose?

“It is ridiculous. In any other year it would just be dismissed as a cold. And also World Snooker shouldn’t be taking the prize money away.

"Doing that when it is nobody’s fault is very strange whoever made that decision up, I think that’s the only tournament where it has been done. I know Jack has questioned it.”

But WST chairman Barry Hearn dismissed Trump's views. He said: "I was disappointed with his comments. Judd is a great champion and a huge asset to our game.

“But that comes with responsibilities, including understanding issues like Covid that affect not only snooker, but the whole nation.

“I am sure in hindsight when he reads them through he will realise how ridiculous and ludicrous they were. He is not a doctor, and certainly has no idea whether a test is accurate or not.

“He can’t back that comment up, because he isn’t qualified. We have gone almost further than any other sport and that is one of the reasons the government have allowed us to continue.

“Without that regime Judd and others Would be sitting at home. So if you do fail a test, you can’t question the validity of it when you aren’t qualified to give that opinion.

“I think he probably caught it in Dubai, and really this is about him being prickly about losing any prize money from the Masters, and he feels aggrieved.”

A WST spokesperson said: “The Covid-19 tests carried out on players have the approval of Public Health England and local authorities, as well as our Chief Medical Officer.

“And they are the same as applied by other leading sporting bodies, for example the English Football League.

“Both Judd and Jack (Lisowski) received a PCR test, which is the gold standard of Covid-19 testing, and the complete process was performed by healthcare professionals.

“Players are in a privileged position to be able to continue to play and compete at tournaments.

“Everyone on site at our events, including the vast majority of players, understand that we must follow the guidelines in order to maintain a safe environment.

“And the rules on prize money were clear and only players who competed in the Masters were eligible.”

Dr Akbar de Medici, medical director for Cavendish Health, said: “We are not able to discuss individual cases.

“But we are very experienced in Covid-19 testing and have been providing ‘gold standard’ PCR tests since March 2020 on behalf of professional sports and entertainment organizations and directly for individuals.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/snook ... 406277?12=

Re: Judd Trump reckons he didn't have Covid after all....

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:“Jack Lisowski got checked after the World Grand Prix final, it came back inconclusive. He got tested again, it came back negative. So he didn’t have it, he comes to the Masters, and he’s positive.

trump struggling with the concept of the linear progression of time.

Postby Iranu

Judd’s persecution complex rears its head yet again.

Poor little diddums, going on holiday during a global pandemic, after having symptoms, how could he have possibly suspected he might have possibly caught COVID?

Probably thinks he’s due a fluke after this.

pin end.
Last edited by Iranu on 29 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

What an absolute idiot. The sense of entitlement displayed within these comments from Judd astonishes me, to be quite honest.

He's getting no sympathy from me, and I'd say the same if it was Ronnie in this situation.
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 29 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mantorok

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:If this were Take Me Out, we’d be deafened by the sound of people turning their lights out.

What's Take Me Out? :shrug:

A show where a man pitches himself to something like 20 woman and after his initial pitch they switch their lights out if they're not interested, he then has 2 pitches left and if there are any lights on at the end he gets a date.

Postby HappyCamper

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:If this were Take Me Out, we’d be deafened by the sound of people turning their lights out.

What's Take Me Out? :shrug:

itv game show hosted by paddy mcguinness. in it a male contestant would attempt to impress a number of women, with the prize being they go on a date with on of them. the women would start with a light on, and at any point they determine that they are not interested in the particular gentlemen they indicate this by turning off their light. or as the host puts it in his catchphrase, "no like-y; no lighty!".

Postby shanew48

LDS wrote:I would just like to say I have no opinion either way as to whether Judd Trump is a Pin End or not.

I am not outraged by his remarks but I also do not condone them.

My opinion is, I look forward to Shane's thread bringing this up again in 10 years time.

Don't be giving me any idea's now! LOL