Post a reply

Did Ronnie

Postby shanew48

Not qualify for the German masters this year? Also is he due to play in that WST, best of 3 frames, seven matches in a day thing? Thanks

Re: Did Ronnie

Postby Andre147

He didn't enter German Masters.

He's playing at the WST Pro Series yes, which kinda surprised me.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ronnie didn't play in the German Masters qualifiers. He also did the same thing last season. I don't think he's played in the German Masters for a while.
I'm not too sure about the world series event or whatever it's called.

Postby Iranu

I wonder if he’d have entered if he’d known it would all be in Milton Keynes.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:I wonder if he’d have entered if he’d known it would all be in Milton Keynes.

What is strange is he's done punditry before in Germany, but not played.

He might as well play it like he does at the Home Nations and hope for the best.

This year is the obvious exception.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I wonder if he’d have entered if he’d known it would all be in Milton Keynes.

He might as well play it like he does at the Home Nations and hope for the best.

Doesn’t he hate that the qualifiers are in Barnsley or wherever they usually are?

Postby shanew48

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Doesn’t he hate that the qualifiers are in Barnsley or wherever they usually are?

I saw an interview where he stated that he doesn't like playing at that venue in Germany as when he was playing Murphy one year he was 4-1 or 4-2 up and ended up losing 5-4 which he put down to struggling with all of the different distractions as all of the tables ate set up in a unfamiliar way in Germany compared to all of the other tournaments, basically he got the hump and vowed to never enter it again and he has been as good as his word on that.

I thought perhaps the WC qualifies automatically but obviously not, I'm pretty sure he would have entered if he had known it would be in milton keynes, then again maybe not as I thought he took a vow not to play in anything he has to qualify for and even though it's being played in milton kenyes he would still have had to qualify.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That's the reason yes.

He did enter it I believe after 2015, but lost the following years to Thepchayia and Carrington in Barnsley.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

I can't remember now, is the bit where Ronnie, Jimmy, Colin Murray etc actually in Germany or is it a studio elsewhere?

I know for the Home Nations Eurosport are on location, but I got the impression that they weren't for every tournament. Or have I just made that up?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I can't remember now, is the bit where Ronnie, Jimmy, Colin Murray etc actually in Germany or is it a studio elsewhere?

I know for the Home Nations Eurosport are on location, but I got the impression that they weren't for every tournament. Or have I just made that up?

Eurosport usually have had on sight coverage for the German Masters. They don't usually for the Chinese or smaller continental European ones.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That's the reason yes.

He did enter it I believe after 2015, but lost the following years to Thepchayia and Carrington in Barnsley.

Why doesn't he just do that with Crawley, I wonder? Just pull out.

Postby Reg Varney

Oh great, another Ronnie thread from Shane...

Postby shanew48

Reg Varney wrote:Oh great, another Ronnie thread from Shane...

Apology please. Thanks

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:SPOILED BRAT!

I think that "attention seeker" would be more accurate, surely even Ronnies most ardent defender couldn't dispute that? although from reading previous threads on here, I wouldn't be surprised to read a contrarian response!

Postby Holden Chinaski

shanew48 wrote:

I think that "attention seeker" would be more accurate, surely even Ronnies most ardent defender couldn't dispute that? although from reading previous threads on here, I wouldn't be surprised to read a contrarian response!

I'd say you are.

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

I'd say you are.

Deflection won't change the fact.

Postby vodkadiet1

shanew48 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
shanew48 wrote:

I'd say you are.

Deflection won't change the fact.

O'Sullivan has always been an attention seeker. That is just his way. It is a sign of insecurity. But like with everything in life many will love him for it. People are easily led. People even go to his Twitter account to like anything he says regardless of what rubbish he is spouting. That is because a lot of people need to feel part of the life of someone who is known to the public. O'Sullivan could give medical advice like 'drink bleach to cure Covid' and no doubt some moron would go ahead and drink bleach!!

Postby Holden Chinaski

How old are you, Vodka? You sound like a 12 year old.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:O'Sullivan has always been an attention seeker. That is just his way. It is a sign of insecurity. But like with everything in life many will love him for it. People are easily led.

Of all the people on this site, you are by far the one who gives Ronnie the most attention. You're obsessed.

Postby McManusFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:O'Sullivan could give medical advice like 'drink bleach to cure Covid' and no doubt some moron would go ahead and drink bleach!!

He could do that, and someone might listen to him. It would be pretty out of character though, he seems fairly responsible when it comes to health. That would be more of a Peter Ebdon escapade.

Postby vodkadiet1

McManusFan wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:O'Sullivan could give medical advice like 'drink bleach to cure Covid' and no doubt some moron would go ahead and drink bleach!!

He could do that, and someone might listen to him. It would be pretty out of character though, he seems fairly responsible when it comes to health. That would be more of a Peter Ebdon escapade.

I agree that Ebdon is dangerous. I doubt anyone listens to him so that is a good thing.

Regarding O'Sullivan people without much intelligence will hang on his every word even though he spouts rubbish most of the time and these people will attack anyone who critices him. A prime example is a very recent Belgian contributor to this thread. And these people generally have a mental age of about 10 years old. It is best to pity these people and not be too hard on them.

It is a good job only O'Sullivan is way down the pecking order in terms of overall popularity. It is people like Nigel Farage that are really dangerous.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 26 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:I agree that Ebdon is dangerous. I doubt anyone listens to him so that is a good thing

You obviously haven’t paid much attention to his Twitter timeline.

Postby Holden Chinaski

vodkadiet1 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

I agree that Ebdon is dangerous. I doubt anyone listens to him so that is a good thing

Regarding O'Sullivan people without much intelligence will hang on his every word even though he spouts rubbish most of the time and these people will attack anyone who critices him. A prime example is a very recent Belgian contributor to this thread. And these people generally have a mental age of about 10 years old. It is best to pity these people and not be too hard on them.

It is a good job only O'Sullivan is way down the pecking order in terms of overall popularity. It is people like Nigel Farage that are really dangerous.

Seriously mate, I'm worried about your mental health. You sound like a psycho who has pictures of Ronnie all over his house and has plans to do something to him. I'm sure a psychologist could help you get over this obsession. You know Ronnie's only a snooker player, right?

Postby csprince

vodkadiet1 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

I agree that Ebdon is dangerous. I doubt anyone listens to him so that is a good thing

yeah bad rekoons.

Postby vodkadiet1

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

Seriously mate, I'm worried about your mental health. You sound like a psycho who has pictures of Ronnie all over his house and has plans to do something to him. I'm sure a psychologist could help you get over this obsession. You know Ronnie's only a snooker player, right?

You're a liar. You aren't at all worried about my mental health. You just like to think you are some kind of tough guy from behind a keyboard. I would say that your problem is that you don't accept anyone with an opinion about your hero that differs from yours.

Unlike you I don't have any pictures of O'Sullivan in my home. I don't have heroes. Humans are disappointing. O'Sullivan probably isn't all that bad in actual fact. Believe me there are some people that I really detest. O'Sullivan isn't one of them. Sure he behaves in an attention seeking way which he cannot help. Maybe that is why you love him so much? He reminds you of yourself maybe?

As for your interpretation of what I am like I am not interested. You are irrelevant and think of me what you will. I don't think about you unless I am replying to your diatribes directed at me. I have no interest in antagonising you as I assume you already have more than enough problems if your behaviour away from the keyboard is anything like it is when posting the contents of your small mind on this forum.

Have you noticed that I never reply to anything you post on this forum unless you are directing your ire at me personally? In fact when reading through threads I just skip anything that you have posted. It is because what you say has no relevance and is always boring, just like you. Get it now?!!

Take a chill pill son.

<cool>

Postby shanew48

Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

Holden Chinaski, do you look like your profile pic?

Postby Holden Chinaski

shanew48 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

Holden Chinaski, do you look like your profile pic?

Not at all. I have hair.