Post a reply

Next Chinese Winner

Postby Alex0paul

With Ding, Liang and now Yan established as tournament winners who will be the next Chinaman to join their club?

The obvious choice is Zhou after getting whitewashed in two ranking event finals last year suggests he’s getting close however I really fancy Lu to be the next big winner.

He has an excellent safety game and just needs to score heavier to make the next level.

Re: Next Chinese Winner

Postby SnookerEd25

I had a Chinese tonight; made me feel like a winner <ok>

Postby lhpirnie

Alex0paul wrote:With Ding, Liang and now Yan established as tournament winners who will be the next Chinaman to join their club?

The obvious choice is Zhou after getting whitewashed in two ranking event finals last year suggests he’s getting close however I really fancy Lu to be the next big winner.

He has an excellent safety game and just needs to score heavier to make the next level.

What, Lu Ning? He came very close to beating the consecutive centuries record, so his scoring isn't that bad. But yes he does have composure, which counts for a lot, as Yan Bingtao showed.

Postby Juddernaut88

I've always felt Xiao Gudong has been capable and I hope he does.

Postby lhpirnie

Juddernaut88 wrote:I've always felt Xiao Gudong has been capable and I hope he does.

Yes he was a few seconds away from winning the Shoot-out, but hasn't been so reliable in the last 2 years. It's very difficult to predict the Chinese players, as they had so many disruptions in 2020. But there are a number of young players who could suddenly break through.