Post a reply

Re: Why is the Gibraltar Open a week long this year?

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:Its been a full ranking event for a few years now.

Maybe they are spreading the games out as they have less tables for social distancing

Yes, I think they usually have about 20 tables in play; on the outside ones, the players even have to ref. themselves :shock:

Postby HappyCamper

They usually have more tables at the Gibraltar and have them roll on roll off all day to get through the matches.

They also usually have the pre qualifiers for all the amateurs, but it'll just be the main tour and q school top ups this year.

Postby Juddernaut88

Cloud Strife wrote:I'm sure Judd will be pleased his favourite tournament has been extended to a full week.

Ronnie may need to play in it, may be his only good chance of winning something this season.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I'm sure Judd will be pleased his favourite tournament has been extended to a full week.

Ronnie may need to play in it, may be his only good chance of winning something this season.

DECLINE!

Postby Alex0paul

Dragonfly wrote:

Probably the most tinpot of the tinpot events

The Pro Series makes the Gibraltar Open look like the WC

Postby SnookerFan

Has anybody noticed that the Tour Championship is on for an entire week this year? Maybe they're learning from past mistakes, and putting every match on TV?

That year there was a Selby vs Robertson two session match that they couldn't be fussed to televise was a farce.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Has anybody noticed that the Tour Championship is on for an entire week this year? Maybe they're learning from past mistakes, and putting every match on TV?

That year there was a Selby vs Robertson two session match that they couldn't be fussed to televise was a farce.

That only works of they have a one day final again. Which would be a shame.

(Or they could have morning sessions, but that won't happen).

Postby Reg Varney

Dragonfly wrote:

Probably the most tinpot of the tinpot events

Is right up the Terminator's street then this one.