Post a reply

Murphy asking for shot-clock in the WC ...

Postby Monique

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/othersport/v ... speed-up-/?
SHAUN MURPHY SAYS 'SPEED UP'

24th October 2010 By Hector Nunns

Shaun Murphy has warned snooker’s grinders to speed up or ship out.

Former world champion Murphy, 28 is taking part in the quickfire Power Snooker event in London later this week.

Potting pedestrians Peter Ebdon and Graeme Dott were not invited to a tournament featuring a 20-second shot-clock.
Faster

And Murphy, who’d like to see a shot-timer brought in at the World Championships, said: “It’s time we sorted the wheat from the chaff.

“The way snooker is going, the trends are for more fun, better atmosphere and faster play.
“People want to see games played at a good pace.”

OK I know this a tabloid press, but I also know Hector Nunn who is a very decent guy and journalist, and although the style of the article is "tabloid", he certainly didn't make up the content ...

I'm pretty sure this will ruffle more than a few feathers, but I'm glad to see that at least some pros now dare to express their views on their sport.
Now (tongue in cheek) I'm waiting for Ebbo to come forward and brand the Smurph offensive, pathetic and unprofessional :excited: "Ambiance et cotillons!" as we say in French.
Last edited by Monique on 24 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Murphy asking for shot-clock in the WC ...

Postby Wildey

Forget Ebdon Im Branding snake hiss Head "offensive, pathetic and unprofessional"

as ive said else where Snooker Players When they are in contact with the Press cant help but Talk Verbal Diarehaa and Plenty of it that they should NEVER open their Stupid idiotic Mouths.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:1.02 Murphy's quote taken out of context
50.0 Tabloids are telling the truth for once

Taking out of Context is 1 thing but as i say Just dont speak then nothing can be taken out of context thats the only way forward for Dum Snooker Players <ok>

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:1.02 Murphy's quote taken out of context
50.0 Tabloids are telling the truth for once

poor odds as the bookies in theory would only stand to break even <doh>

:selby:

Postby randam05

case_master wrote:The irony in all of this is that |Shaun is 50% responsible for the longest frame in snooker history <laugh> <doh>

Doesnt mean his shots were slow, may have just been a lot of them.

Anyway, I cant believe murphys said this <doh> dissapointing

Postby Tubberlad

I can't stand Murphy, but I am pretty sure that he has made some comment that's been taken totally out of context <ok> if this isn't the case, well, I'll try and contain my disgust.

Postby Wildey

thetubberlad wrote:I can't stand Murphy, but I am pretty sure that he has made some comment that's been taken totally out of context <ok> if this isn't the case, well, I'll try and contain my disgust.

that why ive been calling for a gagging order to be put on idiotic snooker players <ok>